Suggestion: Gold Slot purchasable for Servers

dsfjisda's Avatar dsfjisda4/20/14 12:09 pm
1 emeralds 356 8
4/20/2014 10:19 pm
Sonadel's Avatar Sonadel
Hello!

PlanetMinecraft is one of the largest server lists out there and easily one of the best and most effective in bringing players. As you can see, there is no auction for sponsored slot or ads for servers on the top or middle of the 'servers' category.

I think it would be nice if a 'gold slot' was purchasable. A gold slot would not put your server on the top category or anything, it would be a monthly payment (no auction), and it would have some benefits.

benefits of a gold slot:
- Bump your server twice a day (every 12 hours)
- Your server is highlighted and has a star by it to indicate it is a premium/gold server
- There could be a small category on the left/right side of the servers category, called 'Gold Servers', that rotates the gold servers and will show you random ones, the category could fit 5 at a time. Example of what this would look like: http://prntscr.com/3bsayy
- (Optional) 45 free premium enjin website days, some other websites offer a coupon for this such as hosting, etc. Provide a url to register a new enjin website for 45 free premium days.

The amount of gold spots purchaseable would not have a tight cap on it, but would have a limit, such as there can only be 50 gold servers purchased, or 100, or 20, so everyone doesn't have a gold server.

The price would not be unaffordable like bidding for a sponsored slots on other servers, it would be affordable but not ultra cheap.

Example prices:
$15 for 10 days of gold
$25 for 20 days
$50 for 30 days

I think adding a gold slot with some perks such as those listed above would be a good help to servers and a good source of small income. Please leave what you think about this below or what suggestions you have or what could be made better, no flaming please!
dsfjisda
Level 3 : Apprentice Taco

Create an account or sign in to comment.

04/20/2014 10:19 pm
Level 9 : Apprentice Lemon
Sonadel
ArmanA145What is your idea of a good price for an advertisement similar to this?

I'm not saying it should happen. I support the integrity of their server listings.

Let's just say Planet Minecraft did begin selling advertising space in the right sidebar to make ends meet.

There's a lot that factors in to ad pricing. Type, size, and running period are a few.

For an ad the size of the Minecraft Monday one w/o animation for a month... a very rough estimate would be about $500-$800. That's on the low end.
04/20/2014 9:53 pm
Level 3 : Apprentice Taco
dsfjisda
TraedpoD
PalaeosCouldn't really say as I have no control over that, I want to say they were involved in/helped immensely in our last extra life event, but I could be wrong.

Oh- well... I also notice there's an "Advertising" option in the contact area. Lol

ArmanA145The price would not be unaffordable like bidding for a sponsored slots on other servers, it would be affordable but not ultra cheap.

Example prices:
$15 for 10 days of gold
$25 for 20 days
$50 for 30 days

These are frighteningly affordable. The idea behind high advertisement costs is to assure not every last scrub with a PayPal can advertise.

What is your idea of a good price for an advertisement similar to this?
04/20/2014 12:48 pm
Level 58 : Grandmaster Grump
Azie
Planet Minecraft will never sell server advertising, period. The day that happens is the day I leave.
04/20/2014 1:06 pm
Sonadel
Net Neutrality better not become compromised then!

They would have to start giving some sort of incentive for people to use their bandwidth on PMC as opposed to Netflix or Facebook.
04/20/2014 12:36 pm
Level 61 : High Grandmaster Turtle
Palaeos
Couldn't really say as I have no control over that, I want to say they were involved in/helped immensely in our last extra life event, but I could be wrong.
04/20/2014 12:42 pm
Sonadel
Oh- well... I also notice there's an "Advertising" option in the contact area. Lol

ArmanA145The price would not be unaffordable like bidding for a sponsored slots on other servers, it would be affordable but not ultra cheap.

Example prices:
$15 for 10 days of gold
$25 for 20 days
$50 for 30 days

These are frighteningly affordable. The idea behind high advertisement costs is to assure not every last scrub with a PayPal can advertise.
04/20/2014 12:25 pm
Level 61 : High Grandmaster Turtle
Palaeos
We would never do this, one of the things that sets us apart from many server listing sites is that we do not have a way to buy fame or position, you must earn your placement. We have no plans or intent to make anything on this site be placed behind a pay gate, aside from of course the merch in the store, which is a physical object such as a mug or mousepad, but that is beside the point.
04/20/2014 12:33 pm
Sonadel
Not that long ago, I saw an advertisement on the right sidebar for Hammercraft. I think that's what it was called. It was very similar to the Minecraft Mondays ad.

You would click it, and it would take you to their server listing here on PMC. What's that?
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome