/summon help 6

TSchweibz's Avatar TSchweibz3/27/15 3:09 pm
4/12/2015 11:23 am
YTCereal's Avatar YTCereal
/execute @e[type=Skeleton {CustomName:DLS_Guard_Thug},DeathTime] /summon ~ ~ ~ {Item:{id:minecraft:red_flower,Damage:2,Count:1,tag:{display:{Name:"Vault Key"}}}}

I am trying to summon a key for the player where the boss dies but it isn't working. I have a clock set up to this command, any ideas?
TSchweibz
Level 2 : Apprentice Miner

Create an account or sign in to comment.

04/12/2015 11:23 am
Level 22 : Expert Network
YTCereal
make ur Boss Wear That Item in a Armor Slot

oh i revealed my secret of Custom Drops.
04/12/2015 11:20 am
Level 49 : Master Engineer
hokage3211
or you could simply test for the monster in the room, and when that is not true, summon the key in a specific place like in the middle of the room or something.
Or you could try to have him wearing the key in like an armor equpiment slot so it wont show on his entity, then set the drop chances to 100% and undamaged when it drops, so the mob will drop it when it dies.
03/27/2015 7:09 pm
Level 32 : Artisan Toast
DaSquyd
Your main problem (asides from various mistakes in command syntax) is that you are trying to summon an item at the location of a dead mob. Simply put, you can't do that because once that mob is dead, it no longer can be used in any commands and its scoreboard data is cleared. What I'd suggest is making an ArmorStand with invulnerability and the data take "marker" set to true. Rapidly teleport it to the monster, and set up a system to detect when there is no monster found. From there, you can summon the item at the location of the ArmorStand.
03/27/2015 7:07 pm
TSchweibz
oh it's fine i meant to post that on my other forum, I just put a testfor command to an inverter to a /give command instead
03/27/2015 6:58 pm
Level 33 : Artisan Engineer
Jmal116
Well I tried it myself, however I couldn't get it to work either. Turns out, when a mob dies, it becomes untargetable by commands like execute and scoreboard, even though it's data still exists. There is a workaround I found made by Skylinerw on the MinecraftForums, so I'll link you to that. Hopefully it will work out for you.
http://www.minecraftforum.net/forums/mi ... ?comment=4
03/27/2015 6:29 pm
TSchweibz
Jmall116, could you give me a command because i cannot get this to work, thanks.
03/27/2015 5:05 pm
Level 22 : Expert Network
YTCereal
o cmon , i thinked it was Summon Help

But its Execute Help
brb, Learning Execute
03/27/2015 4:37 pm
TSchweibz
thanks i noticed that too, i just forgot to change it
03/27/2015 4:24 pm
Level 33 : Artisan Engineer
Jmal116
That's the error it throws if it doesn't find an entity, or if you typed something wrong. In this case craftkids is right, you can't use data tags inside selectors, or with the execute command at all. What I would suggest would be to create another scoreboard objective, and give any skeletons which meat the required data a point on that objective. From there you can target them with the score, instead of with their data.

Also, assigning some coordinates before the command in execute is required, something like this:execute @a ~ ~ ~ say somethingNotice the ~ ~ ~ before the /say command, which means that the command will be executed directly on all players.

As well, not sure if this is just an issue with how you copied the command, but your summon command is giving the data structure for an item, but it doesn't actually say anywhere that you're spawning an item.
03/27/2015 4:02 pm
TSchweibz
it just says the entity UUID provided is an invalid format
03/27/2015 3:35 pm
Level 52 : Grandmaster Pixel Painter
craftykids
The main problem is that you can't use data tags in target selectors.
03/27/2015 3:29 pm
Level 19 : Journeyman Modder
guestds
try changing ~ ~ ~ to actual numbers and also the command block should say something in it if theres a problem with the actual command
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome