[IC] System Failure

Hollask's Avatar Hollask3/22/15 9:55 am
1 emeralds 2.9k 107
1/25/2016 8:19 pm
Punkamoar's Avatar Punkamoar
OOC: post3470350.html#p3470350

System Date.... 01.01.3008 That was wat the logs were informing Abigail. How was this possible? Previous entries seized in 2263... How could she have been offline for over 700 years? There must be a system error of some sort. Yet none were showing up in scans. It made no sense to have been reactivated after so long. Nobody should be on the ship. Except for those who had made it into stasis. But they were all still sealed in their pods. It didn't matter. She was too low on power to sustain current functions for long. She needed to deactivate some of the pods and besides, those who she freed could repair the damaged systems. Draining power from a few random pods she awaited their occupant's awakenings. they would take different amounts of time, based on their immune systems. Some would awaken immediately, others could take days.
Hollask
Level 29 : Expert Princess

Create an account or sign in to comment.

01/25/2016 8:19 pm
Level 55 : Grandmaster Musician
Punkamoar
This thread has been dead for months. /necropost lock
01/20/2016 12:17 pm
Level 43 : Master Dragon
Bard Bard
I heard the explosion that came from the ship.
"Well, I guess I'll need to go and defend," I said with a sigh as I flew to the airlock.
01/19/2016 9:44 pm
Level 4 : Apprentice Ranger
Zombie_Killer
CRASH! A small shake shivers through the ship. Alarms sound as aliens exit their boarding craft into the ship. One that has Purple and Blue coloring is the leader. (This is the role I will be taking) As the leader walks through the door (?) 5 other aliens surround him as guards. "Search the ship for humans." The leader says. "If you do make sure to impale them." He'd grab his plasma rifle from his back as the others search around the ship for humans. (All of the aliens are equipped with a plasma rifle, a plasma pistol, and a sword made of plasma)
05/11/2015 11:43 am
Bard Bard
I finally fixed part of a single solar panel "time to move on" I thought to myself
05/10/2015 4:30 pm
Level 16 : Journeyman Archer
PumpkinKing15
(( GUYSSSS NOOO YOU CAN'T LET IT DIE LIKE THAT, IT WAS JUST GETTING GOOOOOD!!!!!!! WHERE DID YOU ALL GOOOO!))
04/30/2015 10:36 pm
PumpkinKing15
(( That last part was in quotations so that means you said it out loud and Vincent heard it.))

Vincent sighed and said. "I had to ask anyway, make sure this person gets better. And about the other two in the armory, I believe one of their names was Aaron, the other one looked as if he was in pain. I told them to beware the rats, but it would be for the best if we checked up on them. Just to be safe. My memories can wait. We should probably get what we can from the armory then come back here for safety in numbers, with those other two."

With that said and done Vincent brandished his pipe slathered in goo and motioned for Halthar to follow him back to the armory. Before Vincent could get anywhere, the goo and parts of his skin it was touching fell off and he started to bleed badly. Vincent let out a moan that turned into a groan that turned into a bellow of pain.

It probably ECHOED THROUGHOUT THE SHIP. ((HINT HINT.)))
04/30/2015 7:45 pm
Level 22 : Expert Blockhead
raidarr
((Cloudflare was being an utter ass and blocking my post, so I took out some sections. Sorry.))

Halthar frowned. He wasn't trained to help people recover memories...

"I can't really tell you that... best i got for you is trying to concentrate on whatever you can remember."

He redirected his attention to the ship.

"What's the ship status? Can we go anywhere, or what?"

[I need a proper source of energy, but I believe I have found something that could sustain me longer. The composition of the substance that covers this person can be converted into energy I can use. It is not completely effective and would not allow me to work at my maximum capability, but it will give me enough energy to repair myself and do what I can with this ship. Abigail is damaged and needs repairs; I will power communication outlets but damage to the Ai will need manual fixing, since it seems as though the hardware Abigail uses is corrupted.]

Halthar nodded, then remembered:

"Where is the other guy that was in the armory?"
04/29/2015 11:26 pm
PumpkinKing15
((Everything happened just fine, I couldn't have done it better myself, thanks for asking anyways.))

Vincent did not need to sit, his exo-suit did most the lifting for him. This is for he was able to work so many part time jobs on the ship before the accident. But alas our hero Vincent has amnesia from improperly disconnecting from his exo-suit going into stasis.

Vincent watched as a robot put the goo beast into stasis. Vincent told the robot "Be careful with that beast, it may look like pure evil, but there is a person under all that goop. I saw with my own eyes, I don't know how, but I did."

Vincent redirected his attention to Halthar." Thank you for helping this man, he cannot be grateful right now so I will be for him. My name is Vincent by the way, Vincent Vangee. I was hoping you could help me some more. I seem to be unable to remember large portions of my life, and only various bits and pieces of memory swirl around in my head. Could you please help me figure out who I am and where we are?"

The bits of goo that had landed on Vincent earlier were now hissing, they were burning his skin. He barely noticed. His gloves held up well to the acidic substance. Vincent also held the length of pipe he used to stab the beast in his hand. He had taken it out earlier.
04/29/2015 8:06 pm
raidarr
Halthar knew he was out of his time when he realized that what Vincent was wearing indeed passed for gloves. There wasn't time to judge its effectiveness.

He carried the goo man out the armory and down the hallway with Vincent. Along the way, he heared thumping from somewhere and saw some lights flicker. Perhaps the ship had a primative self-repair system functioning? He saw Nathan's extension bot and followed it to the bay.

He located the bay with the bot's help and quickly went in with the goo man in tow.

"Here he is, Nathan. What can we do?" he asked, placing the goo man into a set of metallic arms that Nathan extended.

[This looks to be biologically corrupted. i will try to clean him off in a low-intensity stasis mode, but other than that, surgical means may be required.]

[Also, I am runnign low on avaible power and will need to extract inner core radiation to get the resources I need.]

"Just do what you can, for now."

The bot went back out the bay down another hallway.

((If you think I metagamed a bit too much with getting to the bay, feel free to tell me))

---

Ai system Nathan's bot quickly found Halthar and lead him down to the repair bay.

Still connected to the wall, he noticed some circuits being modified outside the ship. Abigail's sensor systems were very badly damaged and were missing critical links to sensors; therefore, Nathan could not see what was going on.

When the subject was brought in by Halthar and an unidentified human, he knew this was no ordinary situation. Although it did not strike him as a "Hydran" infection that would permanantly destroy the brain of a human victim, it bore similarities. The subject appeared to try and escape violently, even as Nathan assumed control of the patient and put him in the prepared low-intensity stasis chamber. It was growing the same substance he acquired from the rat. He immediately turned on stasis mode. It was energy intensive to manouver his arms in that environment, so whatever he would do would have to be done quickly and efficiently.

He sent his bot out the bay and turned on sensors to assume control of it. He had it go in the direction of what he would discover to be the damaged control room, where the most bad outputs were located.
04/29/2015 1:01 pm
PumpkinKing15
"I'm already wearing gloves" Vincent said to Halthar. "You lead and I'll follow. Be careful though, this beast you see in front of you contains a person who is well and alive. So be careful. I heard you talking to someone, Nathan was it? Whoever that is, he seems to know how to contain it, so we better move along now." Vincent grabbed the beast by the legs. The bits of goo that had landed on Vincents skin started to tingle.

Vincent shouted out to the rest of the people in the armory. "Hey all you over there! Stay safe and beware the rats!"
04/28/2015 4:22 pm
Bard Bard
I decided to go out and fix the solar panels myself, I opened the airlock and left the ship. I headed towards one of the solar panels, it wasn't very major damage on that one, it was bent and several cables were severed. I started to replace the cables with new ones.
04/26/2015 10:23 pm
raidarr
Halther attempted to communicate with his ship.

“Nathan, we got a situation. I made contact, but I also need to contain a… goo thing… how can it be contained?”

After a short pause…

[I can set up my stasis chamber under low power usage, but there’s another situation with the ship. I’ve done a scan of Ai system Abigail’s wiring and sensor systems, and over half of the primary functions aren’t responding.]

“I’ll bring it to you. Any suggestions on how to do that safely?”

[Your suit should do fine, but I recommend gloves for anyone else without one. Is it a dark mushy substance that is the “goo thing”?]

“Yes.”

[Don’t make physical contact, it has acidic compounds that can damage the average immune system, and it can slowly dissolve the skin on anyone without proper protection.]

Halthar looked to the goo that splattered on Vincent.

“We can be there in a minute or two.”

He switched attention to Vincent.

“Alright… I’ll need someone to carry the legs, I’ll hold the arms. Put some gloves on first.” He smacked the goo thing on the head when it tried to get back up.

---

Nathan completed his scan of Ai system Abigail's wiring circuits. It wasn't good - a lot of the responses came back with power surges or no responce, signalling broken wire. Additionally, some of the control circuits were damaged. It would take extensive repairs to make it function again.

He forwarded this information to Halthar as he finished building a small circuit replacement system for the hyperdrive. He activated a smaller system to the rear of the ship as well, one that could manouver freely and contained a few repair components. He signalled it to go down the hallway that Halthar last came down - he wanted to keep track of things, and he couldn't afford to spend too much energy running his sensor systems.

[Running Psion Reserve Scan]

[Scan complete... 7% capacity.]

Without anything to generate psion from, he would lose power and need to sap on the hub ship's systems to stay functioning in just a day.
04/26/2015 9:04 pm
PumpkinKing15
Vincent looked over to Halthar. " I have endless questions for you stranger, but right now this thing takes ultimate priority! Do you have any idea of how we can contain it, there is a person under all that goo!"

Steam from the pipe was filling the room quickly. Something to contain the beast had to be done.
04/26/2015 8:32 pm
raidarr
Halthar quickly realized his stun weapon wasn’t doing squat. He kept it out, but as Vincent attacked, he kicked the gooey thing back down and shot it again with the stun gun for good measure.
04/26/2015 5:36 pm
PumpkinKing15
Vincent reacted to the excitement of battle. He instinctively ripped a pipe off a wall sending hot steam into the room, took the long length of metal pipe, and drove it into the beast in front of him. The pipe hit and stuck into something metal, Vincent saw it was a prosthetic arm. Bits of goo flew off the beast and landed on Vincent skin.

Suddenly Vincent was struck by another vision. He saw a person in a hallway, with a prosthetic right arm, doing something when a rat came up on the man and ripped into his leg. The vision stopped there. He also saw Something else, something dark. Vincent couldn't make out much of what he saw. It looked faintly like a nest of some sort someplace on the ship. It ended there.

The whole vision lasted about two seconds. Vincent stomped his metal boot down on the metal arm and it seemed to keep the creature from getting back up.
04/26/2015 5:12 pm
Level 27 : Expert Dragonborn
okoloto
I don't think thats going to work. thought Derilk as the mysterious figure pointed the blaster at him. Despite his years in the military, he did not recognize it. It was propably developed while he was in statis.

The person fired two shots, one after another. What surprised Derilk was the fact that it didn't shoot bullets but acted as a stun gun. On this ship, stun guns were smaller and easier to conceal compared to this Automatic laser rifle sized stun gun, and laser rifles are quite big, especially automatic ones.

Just as he expected, the volt went through the goo monster and hit Derilk. It didn't realy make much difference since Derilk could not controll his body anyway.

The monster started walking foward towards the person that shot at him.

To be honest Derilk wasn't surprised that the person opened fire. If he saw a goo monster with a human shaped robot right arm he would have started shooting at it as well.
04/26/2015 4:45 pm
raidarr
Halthar blended in rather well, and the majority of his suit was covered in clothes. It wasn’t full body armor like military issue, but if afforded good protection.

He heard more footsteps, larger than the other person who just entered. Out of the corner of his eye, he saw a… thing… and certainly not human thing. Years of training and combat told him that he should shoot now.

He pulled out his blaster and set it to stun, aiming at the monster.

---

Nathan was concerned by the message he received. It was obvious that the Ai was in much worse state than it was before, as the message was off by several milliseconds too many from the time of sending and featured horrible grammar for any computer system.

He sent signals into all parts of Abigail’s wiring system to try and find the source of the problem. Although he had his own repairs to worry about, there wouldn’t be much to repair if the entire hub ship came down, taking him with it.
04/26/2015 2:34 pm
okoloto
((lol don't forget me kirito , you still don't know I turned into a monster and you mostly went there for supplies fom me and you))

The monster was getting closer and closer to the docking bay. The only thing Derilk was afraid of was the Armory. The monster would pass it on his way to the docking bay and Derilk knew Aaron was in there looking for medicine so Derilk could fix the ship.

Unfortunately as they passed it the monster froze and stepped in blocking the only entrance. Derilk saw Aaron and 3 other people that he did not recognize. He hoped Aaron would recognize him by his mechanical arm. It apeard the goo could only infect live beings. "RUN!" he tried to scream but he couldn't. Also he knew they had nowhere to run because the monster/Derilk was blocking the only exit.
04/26/2015 2:10 pm
Level 27 : Expert Mage
The Silver Paladin
Aaron sighed, and took off his headphones. "Yes. I just had the idea, to gather weapons, head to the Bridge, raid the Captain's Quarters for medicine and other stuff, get everyone back to full health, and Them fix the ship, so, all of you who can fight, grab weapons." Aaron brushed off his Lab Coat. "I have a few meds I can give you guys before we go."
04/26/2015 1:52 pm
PumpkinKing15
Vincent entered the armory. There were three people in front of him. The one Vincent saw in his vision that was Aaron. Another one on the floor he did not know, holding his head in pain. Next to him was an older looking Latino man with dual blasters on his hips.

Taking in the scene, Vincent said,"Am I late to the party?"
04/25/2015 5:41 pm
raidarr
((If someone is in the armory, I have entered.))
04/25/2015 5:40 pm
okoloto
The beast woke up. Of course only the body was sleeping and Derilk saw everything that was happening while it was asleep. Kind of like having two brains but only one brain can control the body and both see through the eyes, feel everything and can think. The beast seemed to be immune in radiation since most of the power plant they were in was covered in radiation.

The monster didn't appear to be very smart, instead of walking through the door it ripped out a chunk of the wall and walked through that. On the other side of the wall was one of the ships sensors. For some reason the beast went straight left to the docking bay, destroying some computers on the way.

It seemed to have a hatred towards technology.
04/25/2015 5:21 pm
Hollask
Another voice input. This time with a name and access code. Aaron, of course. Who else? Medical supplies though? Where would they be? Whatever had happened to her was really jumbling her memory and ruining her thought process. [Try the captain's office. Maybe there]. At least her communications seemed to be running smoothly again. For the most part.
04/25/2015 4:49 pm
The Silver Paladin
Aaron sighed. "Abigail, this is Aaron. Is there a nearby area with Medical supplies? Medical Professional Access Code: CS-25407ZN. We have several wounded. We need everyone at full health." Aaron turned his music back on, shifted his gear, and Sat down.
04/25/2015 3:15 pm
Hollask
A surge of pain shot through Abigail's circuits. Why had they simulated that. Wouldn't a simple error report suffice? Something had gone seriously wrong somewhere. Though what she didn't exactly know. Severe damage... How? What had caused it? Whatever it was couldn't be good news. It couldn't have been the smaller ship could it? She had noticed it stripping panels from walls, but it had had the courtesy to do so gently. Mostly. The message that she recieved confirmed that unless the other ship's AI was corrupted it couldn't be from there. [dsijurf9u84wnfcuei9sw0utw urw0unq] No, surely not? Her scrambled senses were unable to determine quite where the message came from, but she was fairly confident it was a hallway.
Two more messages, from two different sources. One a voice input, requesting some medical supplies. The voice was registered to... someone onboard. She couldn't place it. The other an external communication. [This is Nathan, artificial intelligence of the Colonel’s ship that landed approximately 5 minutes ago in the bay. I am using my own system to power this connection. I would like to discuss the hub ship’s status.] That must be the other ship. The smaller ship. The ship that clearly possessed vastly superior technology. Perhaps, just maybe it could help her.
[Syyystem Damage detEcted.] That was her response. Her punctuation was wrong. She wasn'T sure what was wrong though. Not a feeling she could relate to. She had all the ships data at her command. Maybe the damage was worse then she had first thought.
04/24/2015 8:12 pm
raidarr
Halthar saw a sign. Upon inspection, he read “Armory”.

Well, I’m not finding anyone here… guess I might as well head that way.

As he began walking to the armory, he turned on his communication link.

“Connect me to Nathan.”

[Just a moment… control switched.]

[ Yes, Colonel?]

“I assume things are going well?

[Just got myself some panels, working on reconstruction. I don’t need much in that regard, the thing I need is (short pause) energy.]

“Alright… anything I need to know? I’ve found what appears to be the armory, I’m going to it now.

[Given your suit sensors, there are some life forms in the room. I warn you, if you see a rat, shoot it.]

“Why?”

[I just shot an extremely vicious one that is made up of corrosive material. It didn’t die when I stabbed it several times.]

Halthar winced. “How many? And what material?”

[I only saw one. From what I can scan, it is not of any species I have in the archive, and is likely to be a mutation similar in composition to the “Hydrans”, albeit not as complicated of a structure and with differences. Watch yourself, I can’t tell you what it is capable of doing. Exposure to raw inner radiation can have unpredictable results, and when it has what seems to be 700 years of evolution when consulting my archives...]

“Ok. Also, I’ve changed my mind - get in contact with Abigail if you can and coordinate. I don’t want to have nothing backing me up here… and maybe you can figure that rat out.”

[Will do.]

Halthar stood outside the armory door. Although he didn’t feel in danger in his suit and with his blaster, he was about to make contact with centuries of history.

He entered the armory.

---

Nathan, artificial intelligence of the ship that brought Halthar, had just stripped a metal panel off the wall when a few seconds later, he received message from his boss.

During the conversation, a large rat crept out from a hole where the panel was removed. It walked across the floor.

Although Nathan noticed it, he (using this to refer to the AI) judged it as no issue. Until the rat began slobbering a corrosive mess and biting one of the repair tools Nathan had lying on the ground during the pause.

He drew back the tool and stabbed into the rat. Logically, it should have died - but it only spewed out more goo that was starting to damage the metallic arm.

He turned the blaster on the front of the hsip and shot a special round that severed the rat into thousands of little parts in a little goo pile. Unfortunately, the communication was disrupted due to the needed energy of the blast and the fact that most power was routed to the self repair systems.

The floor panel sizzled in the mess of the rat.

He recorded DNA samples from the material on the tool and sent his three tools to clean it off.

Having just recieved a direct order to communicate to the AI system “Abigail” he first prepared to turn on the legacy transmitter. However, he realized there was a special fitting for one of his tools - one to connect to the ship itself.

he connected the tool to one of his repair arms and plugged into the exposed socket from the panel.

[This is Nathan, artificial intelligence of the Colonel’s ship that landed approximately 5 minutes ago in the bay. I am using my own system to power this connection. I would like to discuss the hub ship’s status.]

Having sent the message, he turned his tools back on to the panel and started to shape a small replacement part.
04/24/2015 5:04 pm
The Silver Paladin
PumpkinKing15(( Kirito, I hope you were talking about me right there :3))

Vincent stood up, his vision took a second to recover. He saw the man from the vision in front of him, Aaron. He saw Aaron's lips move but Vincent's hearing was out. Vincent stood up and said the following "My name is Vincent Vangee. I don't know who you are, or where I am. I want you to tell me these things the best you can if you will. I would appreciate it immensely. Thank you, Aaron."

((Dea, sorry. I thought you weren't in the room, just near it.))
04/24/2015 4:51 pm
okoloto
PumpkinKing15(( Kirito, I hope you were talking about me right there :3))

Vincent stood up, his vision took a second to recover. He saw the man from the vision in front of him, Aaron. He saw Aaron's lips move but Vincent's hearing was out. Vincent stood up and said the following "My name is Vincent Vangee. I don't know who you are, or where I am. I want you to tell me these things the best you can if you will. I would appreciate it immensely. Thank you, Aaron."

(( I'm pretty sure he is talking about Dea))
04/24/2015 4:48 pm
PumpkinKing15
Vincent stood up, his vision took a second to recover. He was still many paces and a turn away from reaching the Mysterious Aaron and the room that was the Armory. Vincent's hearing returned. He took step after step. He reached the door. He went inside. Vincent did not know what to expect, but what he saw surprised him.

((I changed it to better fit with the story.))
04/24/2015 12:43 pm
The Silver Paladin
Aaron shoved an assault rifle, and several boxes of ammo into his bag. He also grabbed a helmet, and body armor. He still had his riot shield and cattle prod strapped to his back. "Hello?" He heard behind him. Aaron turned around to see a crew member. The man collapsed. "I don't have the proper meds right now." Aaron said "Abigail, can you show me a location where there's medicine?"
04/24/2015 12:29 pm
Level 29 : Expert Spelunker
cyanbot222
Dae walked in and saw someone. He said " hello?" He then felt a sharp pain in his head. H e held his head. He said" what is happening why is my head hurting so much" He fell onto the ground holding his head In pain.
04/24/2015 11:23 am
okoloto
The monster started running towards the nuclear power plant "This can't be good!" Thought Derilk to himself. The monster let out a deafening shreik as he flung its fist deep inside the controls panel ripping out all of its circuitry and possibly damaging the progress of repairing the ship by at least a week, as all the circuitry became ashes in the monsters hands. Then it ran over to the communication pannel and started bashing its fists against the keyboards "dsijurf9u84wnfcuei9sw0utw urw0unq". Its rampage continued for at least 30 minutes before the beast fell asleep "God save me" Prayed Derilk"
04/24/2015 11:22 am
Hollask
Abigail kept an eye on Daedalus. He had only just awoken, so he could be a little... off balance. Besides, there wasn't much else she could do until the crew fixed her power supply up. If the ship at least had a self repair system that would have been helpful... But alas, such technology didn't exist... at least, not in their time.
04/24/2015 11:17 am
cyanbot222
Dae said " thank you Abigail".He checked the directions.He started to walk through the halls. He was on his way to the armoury. He thought hmm others great that will help.He started to move quickly. He heard a noise and stopped. He just forget about it and continued on.He arrived at the armoury.
04/24/2015 11:11 am
Hollask
So much was happening. Stop paying attention for a few minutes and everything goes crazy. Abigail had been making sure the new arrival got into the docking bay fine. In that time reports showed that two stasis pods had opened. Two! Also Aaron was now inside an armoury and one of the newly awakened crew, Daedalus he was called, wanted to know where to find the armoury. Also elsewhere some strange lifesigns had emerged briefly, but she had no way of seeing that part of the ship as her cameras were damaged.
"Welcome back online Daedalus. Please follow these directions to rendevous with some of the other awakened in the armoury." She proceeded to bring up a map with directions.
04/23/2015 10:43 pm
PumpkinKing15
Vincent heard ominous whistling. Some song he didn't recognize. He strode forth, with long metal clanging steps. He knew he had to find other people, it was his only hope of figuring out where he is and who he was.

Vincent suddenly lurched over in pain! His eyes turned a milky white color. He let out a long, moaning moan. He saw three possible near futures. Two of them he didn't like so he blocked them out. In the one he let play out, he saw the source of the whistling. He saw a boy one might describe as handsome. He was in the armory Vincent knew, because the vision showed him a sign. Vincent also knew him name was Aaron.

Vincent didn't see anything else, but he knew where to go. It was a small glimpse of hope, but he knew he had to take it!

Vincent chose to ignore the other visions, they were not pleasant, but involved rats for some reason.
04/23/2015 5:39 pm
okoloto
((The story was looking a bit bland so I decided to spice things up a bit))
Derilk, with his remaining straighten, slowly aproached his backpack. It turned out that it was further away than he thought it was. He could feel his veins pumping with blood and his heart pounding at his rib cage. A rat climbed onto his leg, his claws digging deep into the flesh of Derilk's bulky leg.
Then it happened, without any warning. Derilk felt as if he was being hit by a monster truck "AAAAAH!" were the only words that could come out of his mouth, echoing through the hallways, so loud that you could hear it from anywhere in the ship. Then his blue spots started erupting. Slowly, one by one, getting gradually faster as Derilk stood there fazed and unable to do anything. At this point the only thing he could feel was the rat that was now eating its way, through the flesh, to Derilks bone. Out of the spots came crimson goo, enveloping itself around Derilks body until it had full control over the body. It would kill anything that stood in its path.

Deep inside, Derilk was screaming. He was still concious but had no control. At least his pain ended and he could think clearly again. He just new that the doctor, which he did not know the name of, would find a cure.
04/23/2015 5:12 pm
The Silver Paladin
Aaron began walking down the halls. He had turned his Working tablet on. It was playing some Old Earth song from around the 2000's. He whistled along to it. His whistle echoed throughout the ship. He made his way to the armory. He put his helmet on the bench. He then took off his spacesuit, and typed in the Armory Access codes. He had some gear in here that would assist when the ship became active again. There would be raiders, and he had to be prepared.
04/23/2015 5:08 pm
PumpkinKing15
Vincent trudged down the metal hall, an intersection gave him pause. He struggled to remember his location, but nothing could be grasped within his mind. Vincent went left. As he walked his strength began to recover. He saw a familiar piece of equipment lying on the floor.

Muscle memory told him to put on the exo-suit, an augmentation of human strength and reflex. It wrapped itself around his waist under his coat and at his neck and shoulders. It also had power gloves. It came down his legs ending in boot giving him an extra three inches. It made Vincent feel powerful and capable. It also made him feel safe, like it was a friend from an old age. He finalized the preparations with the neural link allowing him to use the suit to its fullest. The link occurred in the helm stems that sat above his head.

The connection was a shock at first, but as his vision came back, he accessed all the memory files that were stored in the suit. Vincent kneeled on the ground so if he fainted from over stimulation the fall wouldn't hurt as much.
04/23/2015 11:12 am
cyanbot222
Dae yawned. He needed to remember where the armoury was or he could ask someone. He thought who do I know that will help me. Oh wait Abigail the A.I in the computers duh.He looked for the nearest area to contact her. He said" Abigail I need to find a way to the armoury"
04/21/2015 5:54 pm
PumpkinKing15
The pod opened with a hiss of steam, a figure fell from its steamy grasps. Vincent looked down both ways of the corridor. Lights flickered above, turning off for minutes at a time. Vincent sat on the floor a moment trying to recall his himself and his location. Throughout his memory only fragments of life came to him, surrounded by the swirling darkness of amnesia. What he did remember sent him down the hall in a direction."Time to move" he said. Corridors unknown and power in the zone failing.

((For anyone who is confused I accidentally made my name Ajax for awhile sorry.))
04/20/2015 8:25 pm
raidarr
[Permission granted. This ship has been inactive for centuries due to a radiation leak. Environmental state is lethal. Save us. Please. "Abigail" artificial personality construct and primary computer of the Alktech]

Halthar was relieved that there was a coherent response back, but also a bit concerned by the name of the Ai. It was an old name, for one of the first “modern” (as 700 years could be) artificial intelligence systems..He vaguely recalled an exploit where the intelligence cap could be overwritten by accident. The reforms had permanently solved the issue. But no matter, he knew his mission and he couldn’t simply sit in space forever.

Halthar slowly had the ship move into the open hatch, with the bay doors sealing behind him.

---

[Don’t you want to take the suit? Air quality is 37%, and would do damage to your lungs after too long of exposure.]

Halthar cursed himself for forgetting to check that. He could survive at 40%, but anything lower would possibly do damage. It was also a sign that the radiation leak was serious - possibly from the ship’s inner core. If that was true, only the suit would allow him to survive. He quickly stopped the procedure for exiting the ship.

He stepped into the suit at the back, which sealed around him.

[Welcome back, Corporal. All systems are charged and ready.]

He put a few medical supplies and a memory card into various slots of his suit. As a final precaution, he took up his blaster. Even though he doubted he would be attacked - one could not be too careful.

He re-initiated the existing procedure.

“Nathan, don’t let anyone in and shut down immediately if someone walks in when you are repairing. If the AI contacts you, just don’t let it take any resources, assuming it could use them anyways. I’ll try to locate crew and some scrap for you to work with. Just take the outer wall panels for now, there’s barriers on the inside, so it will be alright.

[Confirmed. Good luck, Corporal. Repairs will take a while, but I can’t fix the jump drive and the long distance communicator without some psion. Can you get a sample from the reactor? I can generate some from that, and it might be enough.]

Halthar paused for a second. “I’ll try. Anything I’m missing?”

[The toolbox might come in useful.]

He grabbed that too. He was transported down to the bay.

---

Halthar proceeded exit the bay and walk down the hallway. He didn’t have much of a direction, but maybe he would find a crew member. He hoped he wouldn’t make a bad impression with his modified combat suit and blaster.

Behind him, the noises of panels coming off the walls echoed down the hallways of the ship.
04/20/2015 4:47 pm
The Silver Paladin
Aaron nodded. "Alright. Sadly, I don't have medicine for Radiation. I'm about to go through various Medical Bays taking what is left of it. I can give you some when I find it. Go get your tools." Aaron ran a hand through his hair, and sighed. This would be a long three days.
04/20/2015 4:27 pm
okoloto
Derilk started to calm down."Uhh, ok I hope you are saying the truth, anyway as you can see I am covered in blue spots, also I keep fainting and vomiting. Do you have anything to prevent it? I have a feeling the spots are causing it but i'm not sure." Derilk started to reach for his backpack only to realize that it was left where he fainted which was not too far away. "Hold on a sec let me just get my tools!"
04/20/2015 4:01 pm
The Silver Paladin
Aaron dropped Derilk. "Woah, don't be so hasty! I'm a doctor! I was head medic! My name is Aaron White. We could use an engineer." Aaron grabbed a few pill bottles and a syringe. "See? It's even on my lab coat. When a doctor sees someone passed out, he has to help." Aaron put everything back into his pocket. "I heal you, you fix it, then you help us."
04/20/2015 2:59 pm
cyanbot222
Dae woke up in the stasis pod. He entered the exit code and started to get out of the pod.He yawned."Now I should look for the armoury because after being in that pod for a while it might be dangerous around here."
04/20/2015 1:36 pm
okoloto
((Sorry kirito I was busy))

Being dragged along the rough ground woke Derilk up straight away. Thinking that Aaron was a cannibal, Derilk reached into his ripped jacket and pulled out his plasma shotgun "STOP! Let go or I will shoot!," shouted Derilk "Look we can figure this out, I fix the reactor and you don't eat me, I'm a professional engineer I can fix it in 3 hours!
04/20/2015 6:12 am
Hollask
A returning message. External communication was proving quite a drain on power, but still Abboe was excited beyond belief. She half expected to fry her CPU. Could they be saved? Only one way to find out.
[Permission to enter closest port to starboard side? -Pilot "Halthar" ID 6008]
The nearest port? Was he going to pick up the crew and leave her here? Surely not! No, he would at least download her basic construct.
Sending a return message she made sure to mention the predicament:
[Permission granted. This ship has been inactive for centuries due to a radiation leak. Enviromental state is lethal. Save us. Please. "Abigail" artificial personality construct and primary computer of the Alktech]
04/19/2015 11:36 pm
raidarr
((Heh, no problem.))

For a minute, Halthar sat and waited. He didn’t know what to expect - it looked like a ship, although a somewhat primitive one, and it had signals. And his own ship wasn’t doing so well… but what if there was nothing? His sensors were busted, too?

These thoughts were interrupted by a beep.

“Great, another error…” he checked what was wrong this time.

[Message Received on Legacy Radio Port 0017, Text Base: “Help”]

He sat up in his seat. There was a response! No doubt made by what had to be a very old Ai system, based on the port and message type, but nonetheless encouraging. He quickly sent a signal on the same channel containing the message:

[Permission to enter closest port to starboard side? -Pilot “Halthar” ID 6008]

“Nathan, prepare for landing procedures.”

The ship went into medium power mode and positioned itself to aim at the ship. Halthar wasn’t sure how it would open up and bring him in, but he was sure that if he got this far, a little more to hope for wouldn’t hurt that much.
04/19/2015 10:55 pm
Hollask
((Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry))
A signal. Faint, but certainly there. Now wasn't a time for distractions, her crew was in distress, but the possibility that whoever was out there could save them couldn't be ifnored. Of course, there was no reason space travel shouldn't be far more advanced now, they had been gone for a long time. Artificial intelligence would have advanced too though. This thought sent the closest approximation of fear through Abigail's wires. Would she be considered outdated, obselete and unneccessary? Not that it made a difference, her duty was to the wellbeing of everyone aboard the ship, not just herself. After a moments hesitation she sent a return signal on the frequency that had been pinged. A simple message. "Help'
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome