Tales of Aelandus [ORPG] [Seeking Builders!]

DJ_FluXxX's Avatar DJ_FluXxX6/28/14 1:23 am
1 emeralds 1.7k 49
7/30/2014 12:16 pm
DJ_FluXxX's Avatar DJ_FluXxX
This project is still under heavy development!
This topic is under constant editing!

Tales of Aelandus is an attempt at an ORPG in Minecraft. While ORPG is a generic concept, we plan to utilize as many systems we can and even create our own to improve customization of the players. While most of the story and background information is still being worked on, I can reveal that this project will follow a theme of Fantasy in a Medieval era.

The main features I plan on implementing are instanced dungeons/guild housing, territory battles that will grant buffs to the guild/faction that owns the territory until it is claimed by another group, and we plan on utilizing SkillAPI to the fullest with the help of MythicMobs, MythicDrops, PhatLoots, and Citizens. We will be offering 5 player classes with 3 advancements possible for each and every class will have a large, varied skill tree so that players can create their builds to their specific preferences.

While there isn't much financial backing behind this project currently, I plan to do whatever it takes to make it the best possible! If you think you'd fit with our team and can help out, please fill out an application!

The World Map of Aelandus:

Anchorside, The Peaceful Port: (Undergoing remodel)

Click to reveal

Caput Mundi, The Central City: (Undergoing some remodeling)

Click to reveal

Positions We're Looking To Fill:

Developer ~ Must have a working knowledge of Java and can show samples of past work. You will be working closely with a IT Tech/Game Developer (myself) on developing custom plugins and systems for the server.

Architect ~ Must show samples of previous builds. Must have experience with fantasy/medieval-style building. You will be working with expert builders under the supervision of our Lead Builder, Wingate.

Terraformer ~ Must show samples of terraforming. Must have experience with WorldEdit/VoxelSniper. The job of a terraformer is to go around reshaping the world to look as natural as possible or to create beautiful scenery.

LoreMaster ~ Must have story-writing experience in some shape or form. Must be adaptable to writing based on built locations. We need a lot of storyline/quest line/other lore for this server. This position includes naming NPCs/mobs/items.

Game Designer ~ Must have experience designing/configuring the attributes and abilities of classes/mobs/items/skills/etc. Must be able to create based off lore when needed.

Ready To Apply?
IGN:
Name:
Timezone/Location:
Position Applied For:
Samples of Work:
Previous Staff Experience:
Will You Be Available To Attend Meetings Sunday At 3PM EST?
What Makes You The Best Candidate For This Position?:

If you have any questions, you may reach me on Skype: likerawr. My name will show as Michael | Tales of Aelandus Owner.

~ SirSlender
DJ_FluXxX
Level 8 : Apprentice Modder

Create an account or sign in to comment.

07/30/2014 12:16 pm
DJ_FluXxX
Just bumping this post since I replied to the MC Forum one :p
07/29/2014 3:19 pm
Level 1 : New Explorer
thegreensniper
Can I apply for Loremaster and try to beat the current one out?
07/27/2014 2:19 am
Level 5 : Apprentice Crafter
CalebTheFirst
IGN: Calebizzthaman
Name: Caleb Edwards
Timezone/Location: Central USA
Position Applied For: Plugin Manager/ NPC scripts.
Samples of Work: I can show you all the quests I have coded into NPCs on skype.
Previous Staff Experience: I own a server.
Will You Be Available To Attend Meetings Sunday At 3PM EST? Yes
What Makes You The Best Candidate For This Position?: I'm efficient and organized and a fast worker!
07/28/2014 1:39 pm
DJ_FluXxX
I'll add you on Skype so that you can show me what you can do
07/26/2014 9:44 pm
DJ_FluXxX
I made somewhat of a logo for the server thus far, anyone who is willing is more than welcome to submit any new design ideas

WE STILL NEED BUILDERS. Badly. If I have to keep stopping to build I'll never get the necessary plugins made
07/25/2014 4:19 pm
DJ_FluXxX
bump for builders
07/24/2014 3:23 pm
DJ_FluXxX
Builders and Game Designers are still needed! The Instances plugin is nearing it's completion into testing and will be on the server itself soon enough! I had to remove 4 team members due to inactivity so now more than ever we will need the assistance!
07/23/2014 12:32 pm
DJ_FluXxX
I am currently going through a staff cleanup and will need as many experienced Builders that are willing to join the team as possible. We also still need a Game Designer! If you can build on par with the current setup of the server, please apply on this topic or add me on Skype to do so!

If you have experience with MythicMobs, MythicDrops, PhatLoots, SkillAPI, ItemLoreStats, or plugins similar, please put in an application or Skype me for the Game Designer position! I have way too much in mind that I need to make to do on my own and will definitely need assistance with balancing stats!

I hope some prospects show up, this is a dedicated and serious project that we don't plan on letting die! Even without the funding to pay anyone to help, I can pay you with my eternal love and your position can always lead to a paid one if I acquire the resources to pay
07/21/2014 4:14 pm
DJ_FluXxX
Today my progress isn't anything building-wise, although some building has been today as well, but my progress made today was the start of our Instances plugin, which will be used for both Dungeons and Guild Halls (Probably coding the Guild system too). I hope to have it done mid-week so that we can start planning out our dungeons and guild hall designs!

We STILL need Game Designers! If you can code, that's a bonus since SkillAPI's dynamic editor is wonky right now and we need to make plenty of skills xD! Apply today!
07/20/2014 7:23 pm
DJ_FluXxX
I've got some new progress shots of Anchorside for everyone! We've got a lot more of the port done and we'll soon be done with the buildings, just have to finish the boats too. The city is in planning and will be laid out soon enough. We already started going over how some of the quest content will be, but it's not set in stone until we have more done location-wise.

Anyway, here are the progress shots: Anchorside Album
07/20/2014 4:30 pm
DJ_FluXxX
Not much to say right this minute other than progress is steadily going! We need Game Designers now to help plan the content!
07/19/2014 11:38 pm
DJ_FluXxX
Here are some updated progress photos of Anchorside

07/19/2014 3:08 pm
DJ_FluXxX
More progress will be posted tonight. I spent WAY too much time on my elven embassy xD
07/19/2014 2:20 am
DJ_FluXxX
Made a lot more progress today since the screenshots, but I don't want to upload any to the original post until we have at least a whole area built and detailed to really show off :p I have updated the main post with the link to our dynmap though.
07/18/2014 5:29 pm
DJ_FluXxX
The new progress of Anchorside!

We still need builders, terraformers and even game developers! Please apply soon!
07/18/2014 3:03 am
DJ_FluXxX
More progress shots will be taken sometime today! Be prepared!
07/17/2014 4:34 pm
DJ_FluXxX
Just some progress shots of the new and improved Anchorside. It has upgraded from the Peaceful Port, to the Bustling Capital :p

Like I said, it's mostly ships but it will be one big city. If you want an idea of the size of the port itself, you can view our dynmap here: Tales of Aelandus Dynmap
07/17/2014 2:33 am
DJ_FluXxX
New progress shots are still forthcoming, we just have a lot of ships to build and not a huge team of builders. WE NEED ARCHITECTS/BUILDERS! Please apply soon :p
07/16/2014 1:45 am
DJ_FluXxX
I updated the thread to be a little more informative about our server and to just remove the old files of work. We will have new progress up ASAP!
07/15/2014 5:02 pm
DJ_FluXxX
NOTICE: We are instantly denying any Architect applications that do not provide samples of their work. Please include samples of work so that we may gauge your experience and skill level. If our Head Architect does not believe you will fit in with our style, you will not be accepted!

That being said, the world is being terraformed where needed and the rebuild of Anchorside begins tonight. Anchorside is becoming the capital city in our server after the rebuild. Please note, we need SKILLED Architects! If you are not an excellent builder please do not apply. Sorry if this discourages anyone :/
07/14/2014 1:39 pm
Level 17 : Journeyman Architect
Vortex Team
IGN: Zealotlord13
Name: Sam
Timezone/Location: US Eastern Timezone
Position Applied For: Architect
Samples of Work: Please check my profile
Previous Staff Experience: multiple networks and servers.
What Makes You The Best Candidate For This Position?: I can prove my creativity through building with you guys, I have been building on multiple servers for years I as well have built on some big servers, but I left due to they need maps a lot faster and I didn't have that time standards as they pleased. But I as well always try new styles to make my builds look a lot better and stuff like that!
07/14/2014 1:49 pm
DJ_FluXxX
Welcome to the team
07/14/2014 12:40 pm
DJ_FluXxX
Well, with the loss of a few team members, we decided to take our world back into World Painter to fix the harsh terrain. We still have Caput Mundi but Anchorside is going to be getting another complete overhaul as well as the mystery village! We have a lot planned but it will take a while so we need more help, as much as we can get! A developer spot has opened up again as well so if you think you can handle the task, POST AN APPLICATION OR SKYPE ME!
07/11/2014 9:40 am
Level 4 : Apprentice Artist
Filitalianman
I found your server absolutely amazing, I'd rather Skype you instead of writing and application here. I think it would be more productive. I want to know you goals, what you want to accomplish and what you have. I would like to be filled in of the current state of the game, I'm looking forward to working with you (If accepted)

Please let me know its you when you add me

Thanks
-Fil
07/12/2014 12:12 am
DJ_FluXxX
I have sent you a request, I look forward to hearing from you
07/10/2014 11:39 pm
DJ_FluXxX
I made new screenshots since we ditched the old Anchorside. Since the loss of our Head Architect progress has moved a bit slower but I'm looking forward. You can find the image album of our new screenshots on imgur: http://imgur.com/a/HgQza

The positions not stricken through in the original post are still open as well. If you believe you would make a great fit for our team, please post an application
07/05/2014 4:20 pm
DJ_FluXxX
I'm sorry, but LoreWriter positions are full now. If anyone still wishes to be a writer, there are still a few Designer positions available.
07/05/2014 12:37 am
Level 1 : New Miner
Tastyrice
IGN: Tastyrice
Name: Russ
Timezone/Location:EST Pacific
Position Applied For:Architect
Samples of Work:
http://i613.photobucket.com/albums/tt21 ... 214800.png

The library should have some of the works I've made, some of them are really old I should warn you
Previous Staff Experience:Builder for 4 other servers, not that it matters because only 2 or 3 are still up
Will You Be Available To Attend Meetings Sunday At 3PM EST? Most days I should be able to handle it, although a perfect attendance will be kinda hard to pull off
What Makes You The Best Candidate For This Position?: I enjoy building and do it as more of a hobby, or for fun. I just like looking at things I make and want people to see them also
07/05/2014 10:21 am
DJ_FluXxX
Accepted. I have added you on Skype. Please respond as soon as you're able to

grimsterIGN: grimster888
Name: Nick
Timezone/Location: EST/New York
Position Applied For: Game Master, LoreMaster
Samples of Work:
LoreMaster, this is something that I pulled up just now, if you have any questions for any of these just let me know! Thanks for your time!
Click to reveal
The realm of Aelandus, torn apart by wars. The nations that inhabits these lands were once peaceful, but as time goes on the need for power and control weeded itself into the minds of their rulers. They fought, and fought. Enlisting young men and even children in the hope of controlling all of Aelandus. The world is in dire need of brave men and women that will fight for the good of Aelandus, there is little time as every side of the world turns into a battlefield. There seems there are no in-between in the fight between good and evil. There seems not to be a clear line between good and evil.

The five nations of Aelandus all warring against one another. Fighting for power and the control of the supposed weapon of legend, the God Sender. That can only be obtained by the five shards of Aelandus's heart. The five god shards. These are said to be in the most secure vaults, guarded by demons and creatures from the deep abysses of hell.

God Sender, the weapon of myth and legend. Would make the wielder immortal, grant him the power of a God. This weapon, also prophesied to be the bringer of greatness or the harbinger of death to the realm of Aelandus. This weapon was said to be created by the al-mighty Aelandus and the five weapon smiths of Draoni, the forgotten island. These weapon smiths are thought to be still alive, some crazed, some forgotten in a distant land or island. To find these men might mean the power of God, or just a immortal old man.

GameMaster, my game master application I guess msg me if you want anything particular in this category, not really sure what you want. (By Skype)
Click to reveal
Classes & Builds:
Warrior - Tank/Defensive
Mage - Healer/Low Health, High Damage Attacker
Archer - Big Damage, Low Health - High Health, Medium Damage, Low Mana

Quest: (Not really sure if this is in it)
Name: Orid's Favorite Mug
Level: 45
Rewards: 10,000 Exp and 248 Gold
Difficult: Medium

Stage 1: Talk to Orid the Drunk.
Stage 2: Go into the cellar and find Archadan (level 80) the Spider.
Stage 3: Report back to Orid.
Stage 4: Go to Leran(Place) and find Relar at the Potion Master.
Stage 5: Kill Archadan with the Poison and Enter his layer.
Stage 6: Kill the "Bony Witch" and get Orid's favorite mug.
Stage 7: Bring it back to Orid.

Previous Staff Experience: I've owned a few servers, co owned a few and moderated a few. All have been really successful but as of now I've been playing minecraft as a normal player and just built, wrote in my free time and thought of many things. This is the perfect opportunity for me!
What Makes You The Best Candidate For This Position?: I am dedicated, loyal and will most likely follow this to greatness or down under. I am funny but serious when there is work to be done and I make things up on the go that wouldn't be considered OP or in my opinion, bad.

P.S. I wrote this when I was half asleep sorry if some of it is confusing to read.

As of now, I'm not sure we need more LoreWriters, but you may be of assistance with the Game Design side of things. After I speak with the current LoreMaster to review your application, we will make our decision and inform you
07/05/2014 12:08 am
Level 7 : Apprentice Architect
Grimster
IGN: grimster888
Name: Nick
Timezone/Location: EST/New York
Position Applied For: Game Master, LoreMaster
Samples of Work:
LoreMaster, this is something that I pulled up just now, if you have any questions for any of these just let me know! Thanks for your time!
Click to reveal
The realm of Aelandus, torn apart by wars. The nations that inhabits these lands were once peaceful, but as time goes on the need for power and control weeded itself into the minds of their rulers. They fought, and fought. Enlisting young men and even children in the hope of controlling all of Aelandus. The world is in dire need of brave men and women that will fight for the good of Aelandus, there is little time as every side of the world turns into a battlefield. There seems there are no in-between in the fight between good and evil. There seems not to be a clear line between good and evil.

The five nations of Aelandus all warring against one another. Fighting for power and the control of the supposed weapon of legend, the God Sender. That can only be obtained by the five shards of Aelandus's heart. The five god shards. These are said to be in the most secure vaults, guarded by demons and creatures from the deep abysses of hell.

God Sender, the weapon of myth and legend. Would make the wielder immortal, grant him the power of a God. This weapon, also prophesied to be the bringer of greatness or the harbinger of death to the realm of Aelandus. This weapon was said to be created by the al-mighty Aelandus and the five weapon smiths of Draoni, the forgotten island. These weapon smiths are thought to be still alive, some crazed, some forgotten in a distant land or island. To find these men might mean the power of God, or just a immortal old man.

GameMaster, my game master application I guess msg me if you want anything particular in this category, not really sure what you want. (By Skype)
Click to reveal
Classes & Builds:
Warrior - Tank/Defensive
Mage - Healer/Low Health, High Damage Attacker
Archer - Big Damage, Low Health - High Health, Medium Damage, Low Mana

Quest: (Not really sure if this is in it)
Name: Orid's Favorite Mug
Level: 45
Rewards: 10,000 Exp and 248 Gold
Difficult: Medium

Stage 1: Talk to Orid the Drunk.
Stage 2: Go into the cellar and find Archadan (level 80) the Spider.
Stage 3: Report back to Orid.
Stage 4: Go to Leran(Place) and find Relar at the Potion Master.
Stage 5: Kill Archadan with the Poison and Enter his layer.
Stage 6: Kill the "Bony Witch" and get Orid's favorite mug.
Stage 7: Bring it back to Orid.

Previous Staff Experience: I've owned a few servers, co owned a few and moderated a few. All have been really successful but as of now I've been playing minecraft as a normal player and just built, wrote in my free time and thought of many things. This is the perfect opportunity for me!
What Makes You The Best Candidate For This Position?: I am dedicated, loyal and will most likely follow this to greatness or down under. I am funny but serious when there is work to be done and I make things up on the go that wouldn't be considered OP or in my opinion, bad.

P.S. I wrote this when I was half asleep sorry if some of it is confusing to read.
07/04/2014 7:53 pm
Level 2 : Apprentice Miner
ShadowDragon55
Also, must I post some projects for Architect as I never made any? Thanks for taking your time to respond to this message.

ShadowDragon55
07/04/2014 10:54 pm
DJ_FluXxX
I need some kind of sample, please attempt something in Singleplayer

Also, our previous LoreMaster that had to leave the team due to personal issues has returned and his first task he set out to do was redo the entirety of Anchorside! Expect some amazing progress and much more from us in the near future!
07/04/2014 7:48 pm
ShadowDragon55
Thanks!
07/04/2014 11:00 am
ShadowDragon55
Hello There! I would like to ask if there will be a sort of a "Tester" application?
07/04/2014 2:14 pm
DJ_FluXxX
There most definitely will be as we come closer to our first private playtesting We still have quite a bit of work to do before then though so that position won't be available for a little bit, but I will try to keep this thread updated with as much progress as possible. Maybe we'll even set up a temporary website for the sake of sharing progress and announcements

Thank you for your interest though and I will be sure to contact you privately when applications for that position open up!
07/03/2014 9:48 pm
Level 1 : New Explorer
j9993
I want to but im only 11.
im good at terraforming
and I cant get Skype (parents wont allow)
07/04/2014 1:27 am
DJ_FluXxX
Sorry, but Skype is required as we hold meetings on Sundays.
07/03/2014 9:40 pm
DJ_FluXxX
We still have open positions! Get your spot to help on this project before our staff is full!
07/03/2014 11:51 am
DJ_FluXxX
Our Head Architect has left the team and the position has been taken over by Total Miner! No matter what gets in our way, we plan on making a customized and magnificent experience!
07/02/2014 12:57 pm
DJ_FluXxX
The Developer positions are filled. While we can still accept more, we are looking more for Builders/Terraformers/Designers! Apply before we stop accepting applications!
06/30/2014 12:12 pm
DJ_FluXxX
Just a progress shot of Caput Mundi, one our in-dev cities:
06/29/2014 4:29 am
Level 1 : New Miner
CircusCube
IGN: IcedBlox
Name: Dimitri
Timezone/Location: The Netherlands
Position Applied For: Developer, Designer
Samples of Work: I tend to not share my work openly.
Previous Staff Experience: Been hosting and managing servers since I was 12, have lots of experience as a Moderator since Administrator never really suited me.
Will You Be Available To Attend Meetings Sunday At 3PM EST? Haha, indeed I can.
What Makes You The Best Candidate For This Position?: Testosterone, lots of it. *Rawr*
06/29/2014 12:26 pm
DJ_FluXxX
I have added you on Skype so we could talk more, please contact me back as soon as possible
06/28/2014 8:07 pm
Level 4 : Apprentice Crafter
TotalMiner112
Also, may I apply for the game designer xD? I like all of these positions
06/29/2014 12:17 am
DJ_FluXxX
Welcome to the team man!

We will still need plenty of team members to help out with this project!
06/29/2014 3:59 am
TotalMiner112
I updated my original application with the Game Designer application! Please read all of the spoilers! Thanks.
06/28/2014 7:06 pm
DJ_FluXxX
TotalMiner112IGN: TotalMiner112
Name: Kyle
Timezone/Location: Eastern Standard Time/ New York
Position Applied For: LoreMaster/Architect
Samples of Work:
Architect:
I don't have many builds but I do have two "basic" ones on a plot server! I could make a lot better than this, I just need a good theme, and compatible teammates.
Samples:
http://imgur.com/a/4HuJj#0
http://imgur.com/a/3FsVn#0
Lore Master:
I believe i'm pretty good at writing lore, and stories. For my sample I will write a detailed story. If you want any other samples such as quest lines , feel free to message me!
Story
As you walk along the abandoned road leading towards the city of Iron Haven, you can hear the shuffling of leaves, and the crunch of sticks breaking under your feet. You were told by the merchant this road was a shorter, and safer route to the city...however in your gut you feel that you're being watched, by something not quite human... You stop for a brief moment under a tree to regain your state of mind and composure after walking for hours in the beating sun. You open your travelers sack to reveal the items and treasures you've collected along your journey. As you open it to grab your water sack, you hear a snap. A familiar sound, a sound you've heard to many times, for the road is littered with leaves and twigs, and broken branches. Someone is here, watching from the distance, you slowly put back your water sack and reach for your weapon. As soon as you grab the hilt of your sword a gruesome mutilated human comes out of the bushes running at you. You whip out your weapon and prepare for impact, you close your eyes in preparation for blood to spurt in your face, however, you hear a thump. You slowly open your eyes and see that the man chasing you has fallen over for he was shot, by an arrow in his back. You quickly look around for any signs of danger, or a hero in sight. You see nothing, assuming that however shit this..thing has escaped. Quickly, you rummage through a sack hanging around the victims back, and find some useful and, not so useful items. When you get to the bottom of the sack you see a journal, labeled "Fuscus" you assume this was his name, so you open the journal to read of this victims journeys. You cannot believe your eyes as you read about a dark being who kills and mutilates anyone he catches roaming his tomb. About the evil sacrifices and preparations for some type of attack, then he finds out the true purpose of this being. "This thing, he wants to take control of the planet....he's sacrificing innocent humans to fuel his mischief, this must be why our village has been losing people every day....I can see children, women, and....oh my god, it's her, Veronicia, my love... I must save her before they sacrifice her! Agh, if you're reading this I am most likely dead, however no matter what remember to warn th-" the page cuts off as you turn to the next page, it's covered in blood and scratches. You tell yourself you must get to the King of IronHaven as quick as possible before this dark force engulfs the world. This person must've been tortured and tried to escape and that arrow....must've been from one of his servants you realize, as soon as you think of this an arrow speeds by your forehead and you break into a full sprint. It's raining arrows and daggers around you and eventually one strikes the back of your leg, you quickly pull it out and faint in the middle of the road from blood loss.......this is the end of your journey, as another travel reaches in your bag and sees your journal...and warns the King of the on coming threat... and this is where it all began... the great war with the Fuscus's....

Previous Staff Experience: I haven't been staff on many servers for I rather enjoy being a player, however I did manage three of my own servers once, the best one having an active community of thirty people but that was ages ago so it's gone now.
Will You Be Available To Attend Meetings Sunday At 3PM EST? What type of meeting? This question is confusing.
What Makes You The Best Candidate For This Position?: I will dedicate time and effort into all my projects I am assigned and will work as diligently as possible, I'm very mature and won't give up easily. I will strive to make this server the best it can be in my power, thank you for taking your time and reading this!

P.S. I'm also pretty good at terraforming so if you need that position filled in, i'd be glad to help.

You have been accepted. You will receive further communications through Skype
06/28/2014 3:44 pm
TotalMiner112
IGN: TotalMiner112
Name: Kyle
Timezone/Location: Eastern Standard Time/ New York
Position Applied For: LoreMaster/Architect/Game Designer
Samples of Work:
Architect:
I don't have many builds but I do have two "basic" ones on a plot server! I could make a lot better than this, I just need a good theme, and compatible teammates.
Samples:
http://imgur.com/a/4HuJj#0
http://imgur.com/a/3FsVn#0
Lore Master:
I believe i'm pretty good at writing lore, and stories. For my sample I will write a detailed story. If you want any other samples such as quest lines , feel free to message me!
Story
As you walk along the abandoned road leading towards the city of Iron Haven, you can hear the shuffling of leaves, and the crunch of sticks breaking under your feet. You were told by the merchant this road was a shorter, and safer route to the city...however in your gut you feel that you're being watched, by something not quite human... You stop for a brief moment under a tree to regain your state of mind and composure after walking for hours in the beating sun. You open your travelers sack to reveal the items and treasures you've collected along your journey. As you open it to grab your water sack, you hear a snap. A familiar sound, a sound you've heard to many times, for the road is littered with leaves and twigs, and broken branches. Someone is here, watching from the distance, you slowly put back your water sack and reach for your weapon. As soon as you grab the hilt of your sword a gruesome mutilated human comes out of the bushes running at you. You whip out your weapon and prepare for impact, you close your eyes in preparation for blood to spurt in your face, however, you hear a thump. You slowly open your eyes and see that the man chasing you has fallen over for he was shot, by an arrow in his back. You quickly look around for any signs of danger, or a hero in sight. You see nothing, assuming that however shit this..thing has escaped. Quickly, you rummage through a sack hanging around the victims back, and find some useful and, not so useful items. When you get to the bottom of the sack you see a journal, labeled "Fuscus" you assume this was his name, so you open the journal to read of this victims journeys. You cannot believe your eyes as you read about a dark being who kills and mutilates anyone he catches roaming his tomb. About the evil sacrifices and preparations for some type of attack, then he finds out the true purpose of this being. "This thing, he wants to take control of the planet....he's sacrificing innocent humans to fuel his mischief, this must be why our village has been losing people every day....I can see children, women, and....oh my god, it's her, Veronicia, my love... I must save her before they sacrifice her! Agh, if you're reading this I am most likely dead, however no matter what remember to warn th-" the page cuts off as you turn to the next page, it's covered in blood and scratches. You tell yourself you must get to the King of IronHaven as quick as possible before this dark force engulfs the world. This person must've been tortured and tried to escape and that arrow....must've been from one of his servants you realize, as soon as you think of this an arrow speeds by your forehead and you break into a full sprint. It's raining arrows and daggers around you and eventually one strikes the back of your leg, you quickly pull it out and faint in the middle of the road from blood loss.......this is the end of your journey, as another travel reaches in your bag and sees your journal...and warns the King of the on coming threat... and this is where it all began... the great war with the Fuscus's....

Game Designer
For this I will give an example of a balanced boss with a drop list. Also an example of a player that will be fighting it.
Armor Effectiveness
Damage/Armor Rating = Damage
EX:
Spider Queen hits for 100 damage.
Player has 10 Armor Rating.
100/10 = 10
Spider Queen inflicts 10 damage.

Player
Name: TotalMiner112
Health: 250
Level: 30
Class: Elemental Mage
Armor Rating: 10
Skills:
Ice Storm - 35 - 60 dmg/sec. Lasts 5 seconds, inflicts weakness I
Fire Ball - 100 - 250 Damage. Instant, sets enemy on fire
Earth Pound - 75 - 150 Damage. Inflicts slowness
Mini Tornado - 25 - 50 Damage. Inflicts slowness, blindness(players), confusion(mobs), and weakness I.
Arcane Shot - 10-25 Damage.

Boss
Spider Queen
Health: 3250
Level: 30
Mob Type: Spider
Skills:
Scratch - 50 Damage.
Weave - 10 Damage, inflicts blindness III, slowness III, and weakness III for 10 seconds.
Sting - 200 Damage, inflicts poison II
Bite - 100 Damage. Inflicts poison I
Crawl - Invisibility for 10 seconds.

Drop Key
Legendary
Epic
Rare
Unique
Common
Uncommon

Boss Drops
Queen's Weaver [Bow] [1%]
Stinger [Scythe] [1%]
Arachnophobia [Sword] [1%]
Queen's Staff [Staff] [2%]
Twin Fangs [Daggers] [2%]
Velvety Chestplate [Chestplate] [5%]
Velvety Helmet [Helmet] [5%]
Velvety Boots [Boots] [5%]
Velvety Leggings [Leggings] [5%]
Queens Cap [Helmet] [5%]
Royal String [Crafting Item] [3%]
Queens Nemesis [Bow] [10%]
Bug Repellent [Scythe] [10%]
Fanged Sword [Sword] [10%]
Cracked Stinger [Crafting Item] [15%]
Chipped Fangs [Daggers] [20%]

Previous Staff Experience: I haven't been staff on many servers for I rather enjoy being a player, however I did manage three of my own servers once, the best one having an active community of thirty people but that was ages ago so it's gone now. I am a staff on this server already though
Will You Be Available To Attend Meetings Sunday At 3PM EST? Yes!
What Makes You The Best Candidate For This Position?: I will dedicate time and effort into all my projects I am assigned and will work as diligently as possible, I'm very mature and won't give up easily. I will strive to make this server the best it can be in my power, thank you for taking your time and reading this!

P.S. I'm also pretty good at terraforming so if you need that position filled in, i'd be glad to help.
06/28/2014 12:27 pm
DJ_FluXxX
Forgot to mention, the world map is only a map of the current standing of the world. In reality, it's just a single continent.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome