The Minecraft Old Days :) (For 18 and above aged)

RenegadeRad's Avatar RenegadeRad4/24/15 1:17 pm
1 emeralds 2.2k 55
8/31/2015 10:00 pm
BestMinerGavin's Avatar BestMinerGavin
Note : Please, Read carefully and THEN reply.

*UPDATE* gosh the sarcasm on the last post

Hey there fellas, RAD here.

Before I say, I am really childish type of personality, yet I'm 21
Some of you, who are Playing Minecraft for 4 or more years might remember the old Minecraft days. The simple game, when Notch developed it, Alpha, Infdev, Beta, 1.0, and Cool, classic servers. No Ragers. No hackers. No teamers. (Hacking Teamers, Not the friends)

Now don't say I crie for the old days, if you are not an adult and do not understand this, please move. I really miss Minecraft back then. I still love it, but something is missing. Something I do not know. I sometimes using the launcher play the old Minecraft. Remeber when you could Punch open doors? Herobrine hoax ? O'l Graphics, No redstone ( I love redstone, but without it, game was "Challenging") NO FOOD BAR ( I stll hate it ).

What is happening to Minecraft now? I mean no great classic servers where there is no OP/Classes/Staff only friends? Kids who act mature? Trolls (Ignore them). Let me say in brief now. I found PMC like 4 years ago, when it was kinda new (and I was 17 at that time). But i did not make an account because I just wanted to play Minecraft and did not have any plans (and even I was like 18 or 19 after that time, I had to study a lot.) But I made it in 2014. Now PMC, is the most user - friendly site and easy to navigate. Mods are kind, funneh, and Helping. But some members of this community, who just come to spam and advertise their servers. Now I don't want to point out anyone or start a flame, but I can't take it anymore. Whenever Im on the Bus, going towards home Minecrafters are fanboying fnaf, and other games. I mean kids these days are getting so much exposure towards Internet and the world, that this generation is rotting. I mean i did not have a mobile when I was 6 or 8 but now they all have Smartphones and Laptops . Why they wanna be gamers? Why they wanna prove the world something? I mean do your homework, see cartoons, DONT be wannabe gamers and make BFs and GFs. I know some kids have great imagination, even better than myself and have a great charisma to do anything they want, they can change the world. But I am talking about the "Abusive generation of rebellious Teens who are not good, yet rage" I support the other younger ones who are good and kind. May lord bless you and help you for the future

Also very important. I hate the people/kids who ACT like it, I don't have problems with the younger ones at all. I also hate ageist Minecraft players who abuse the younger ones saying "Minecraft is only for Adults" and I also hate kids who say "Minecraft is made for Kids" Minecraft recently is being marketed to the younger audience, back then was a different story

Now many of you might rage over me saying stop blaming kids and stuff , but when they spam you, and irritate you and by Blaming you, It does come on my nerves. Now you also might say you were also once a kid, but I was not like that. I studied, watched the old Cartoon Network, Played outside.

leaving things aside, Just wanna talk about the old days. Remember when Notch trolled us with upcomming updates ? and when he also trolled us about herobrine ? Someone remembers SethBling making awesome redstone - ary?
I also remember the age of Hypixel, Disco, and when Paril was active

Anyways, post your favorite old days moments below
Please, do not rage at replies.
RenegadeRad
Level 18 : Journeyman Explorer

Create an account or sign in to comment.

08/31/2015 10:00 pm
Level 17 : Journeyman Ranger
BestMinerGavin
I also miss the old biomes. I remember how confused we were, as for the Xbox 360 Edition we were looking at the Adventure Update biomes on the wiki, but the 360 Edition was only 1.7.3. (piston update ). I wish that they changed some of those, and added some, but kept the whole original idea.
08/15/2015 7:23 am
Level 36 : Artisan Cowboy
silentsam5
I miss not having to search for hours to find a simple plains biome to build something on. Now I have to search through stinking savannas, which have too much long grass, and mesas, which have no wood.

I miss modloader (NOT).
08/13/2015 9:29 pm
Level 29 : Expert Lumberjack
Civeberg
I liked the old minecraft but I also like it now. What I don't like is the servers/community. I had this one server I played on for almost 3 years that was simple survival (yes there was staff but they played in survival and they were only there to protect against greifers/hackers) and I didn't realize until it shut down how bad most other servers are
08/13/2015 12:22 pm
BestMinerGavin
I'm under 18, but I've always loved the oldest days of Minecraft that I was exposed to. Though I only started playing Minecraft in May 2012, it was on the Xbox 360 edition. At first, I played the demo, and I hated it. I didn't like it, because I had no idea what I was doing and it just seemed dumb. I ended up digging down in sand and getting trapped, then suffocating.

Then, one day, we were at a GameStop in a mall, just to look around. I saw Minecraft, and something about the design on the case got to me. I think it was the cute little Steve, I loved the little artwork.

I then decided I wanted to give it another chance, and the next night, while I was playing the demo, my Dad came up and purchased the full game digitally. Remember, 360 Edition started on 1.6.3 Beta...

I sucked at it, originally. I remember my first map was Zombieland, and I just went around for like 5 minutes, and started liking it. It was getting late though, and so I went to bed. The next day, my siblings and I all made what seemed like an amazing house to us. We basically pieced together a bunch of random raw materials. If I pull it up right now, I'd see a house partially made of dirt, sand, an occasional wood plank, and crafting tables. One day, about a year ago, we reviewed that map, and realized how awful we were. We never had a tool stronger than wood ones, and all of our beds were against the wall (we thought zombies broke in from outside the house so we put torches all over the perimeter).
We then built a few more of those, and finally, on one, we wanted to make a flint and steel to make a Nether Portal (we weren't aware you needed a portal frame or anything, I thought you just placed the flint and steel) so we tried to find iron. I dug straight down to find it, and almost feel into a lava pool. But, sure enough, the lava pool had iron next to it. I then realized we needed stone tools to mine iron, and my siblings crafted them and dropped them down to me. Finally,I got the iron, and then we found flint, and then realized we couldn't simply create a portal like we thought.
Eventually, we made a city, but we still built with dirt and stuff. Until, one day, we decided to try to create a city (all of this was obviously on Survival), and eventually in the city, we decided to experiment and do what we thought was quite strange; create a school out of wood planks. We loved it, and that's when we realized how bad we were. I remember when 1.7.3. came out, and I was extremely excited. It's been my favorite update since, and it had the best tutorial level of all of the Xbox 360 updates (now the tutorial is basically just free stuff). We built a huge city, actually good this time, but it got horribly griefed. Most of the buildings were wood, and so were easily destroyed with fire.

Eventually, I got PC, around 2 months before 1.3 came out, and I've played possibly thousands of hours. I've opened three unsuccessful Minecraft servers, but I hope my new one, which was mostly unique games, will be successful.
08/13/2015 9:14 pm
RenegadeRad
haha the good o'l days, I love your story and hope you will be successful for your future

And also, if you get your free version of Windows 10 edition Beta, you will get dem feels back
08/31/2015 9:56 pm
BestMinerGavin
I know! So excited, once I get my computer sorted (too lazy) I'll reformat it and get Windows 10 quickly. I just miss making cities, just the old feel of accomplishment of a Survival mode city, where people can live and be happy. I miss going on the tutorial, salvaging some crap, and then turning that map into really cool place. I would take all buildings and change them, then make some of my own.
08/13/2015 11:07 am
Level 51 : Grandmaster Dragon
samkee00
I'd just like to point out some of the things you called the 'good old days' still exist now, but whatever. I'm unsure why you have to be 18 or older to act mature and remember things from a few years ago, though.
08/13/2015 10:59 am
Level 33 : Artisan Dwarf
spires33
I came in about 1.2.... oh the good ol days.
07/04/2015 10:16 am
Level 43 : Master Spider Rider
SpiderMatty
Of course I wouldn't understand this because I'm 11 but have been playing the game for the same time, oh wait I do. Anyway I do miss these days, my favorite update was Beta 1.2.
07/04/2015 3:07 am
Level 47 : Master Mlem Mlem Bat
Karrfis
I'm unsure where this post is going now...
07/03/2015 11:15 pm
Level 36 : Artisan Blockhead
Woodilicious
Rice
TRicool22
Well then i'm sorry you wasted $40000 car that cant even beat a junky $4000 beat-up used car. (Btw I can tell from your spelling, grammar, and childish behavior that you are nowhere near old enough to own a car or get a license.)

Snip
So now every $4000 car is a beat up car that can't beat anything new (ish)? Guess what...

This

can beat

This

on a track such as

Also, op, seems like a good idea. I would play if I were old enough, most likely. (:

As much as I respect you Rice, I somewhat disagree lol. The winner of that race would be completely dependent on the driver lol.

(Also, congrats on this being your 1111th post lol)
07/03/2015 10:23 pm
Level 26 : Expert Skinner
Lucky_The_Dog
However, I still hate the hackers. No one can like hackers. Unless you are one........
07/03/2015 10:07 pm
Level 7 : Apprentice Network
OneBarRouter
I'm not 18, but I've been playing Minecraft for years, and I have one thing to say: the hunger bar is the bane of my existence.
07/04/2015 10:18 am
Level 43 : Master Spider Rider
SpiderMatty
I agree.
07/03/2015 10:06 pm
Level 22 : Expert Pokemon
MiningYoshiProPM
I try to act mature, but everyone hates me since I am 11.5

I mean once I told everyone I was 11.5 on a forums and one person was surprised and said 'I act way older'.

But whatever I try people always hate me D:

Oh and don't act like gaming consoles weren't around your age

NES and Atari 2000 are really good

Oh and I don't make BFs/GFs it's stupid and I am only playing Minecraft for fun not to try 'prove' something. I don't 'fanboy' Minecraft. I rarely watch MC vids, I only watch redstone tutorials. Also I would rather talk random stuff in Arabic/Japanese/Turkish/Bosnian then rather Minecraft.
08/13/2015 10:50 am
RenegadeRad
Well, Then I have no problem with you at all. I said that I hate kids who ACT like that, not all of the kids playing Minecraft. Anyways, I wish I could delete this thread, because I am getting emotional and missing the old Minecraft and wanted opinions on it, not raging.
07/03/2015 8:49 pm
Level 36 : Artisan Scribe
LetsGoTrippin
My two favorite games (Red Dead Redemption and Minecraft) have one thing in common: both games' environments are barren wastelands that used to represent something great.

Minecraft used to be a fun game where you could explore new territories, and set up civilization, like the the Wild West (where Red Dead Redemption takes place). Now, Minecraft is full of bigoted teenage rebels who play it for virtual sex, or full of jerks who want to ruin your life (much like some of the characters in RDR).

So, despite these depressing and frustrating facts, Minecraft isn't quite dead yet (as Nigel West Dickens says to John Marston, execpt with the West in place of Minecraft), as there is still a few good men and women still out there.
07/03/2015 8:36 pm
Level 27 : Expert Sweetheart
Exoh
I liked the clean and simple look to it, when the "default pack" is on it's still different than what it was before, A lot of the textures were.
07/03/2015 7:32 pm
Level 29 : Expert Architect
delshady
I really love the old Minecraft, i bought Minecraft at 1.2.5, i really loved Minecraft i would literally kill for another hour with Minecraft.
There's this closed server i loved when i played Minecraft ages ago, it was amazing! The staff were acceptive, troll's werent there, and 12 cod year olds didnt exist yet!
06/29/2015 2:36 pm
Level 11 : Journeyman Narwhal
Mepp-
I can agree with this and feel what you feel and I'm only 3/4 your age
06/29/2015 12:25 pm
Level 17 : Journeyman Architect
the adman2315
Sometimes I do miss the simplistic minecraft of older days. I stopped playing for like a year, and I picked it up recently and there is a ridiculous amount of new things that took time to get used to. It helps creativity in a way because it allows you to make more complex things, but it also stifles it in a way because you don't have to think through things and use just what you have lol.
06/29/2015 12:21 pm
Level 6 : Apprentice Network
ResoluteWears
I can't help but laugh at all this, I've had minecraft for 2 years now (since I was 13) and Every server i play is either vanilla or LAN with my friends. I understand that kids ruin the servers, but you can't blame them for the server problem, there is a command called /ignore {player name} which does come in handy. If you use that and look past the little kids who have no clue what they are doing, and you'd be able to see minecraft isn't ruined. They're are some mature kids out there who play right and don't use hacks or troll. Since i've had minecraft I haven't downloaded 1 mod, unless you consider optifine a mod since you are acting like they ruin everything. I've rested my case.
06/29/2015 12:05 pm
Level 5 : Apprentice Network
YonkersTyler
kid what are you trying to proove? I can tell you're not 21 because my 3 year old brother is smarter then you. You're bashing KIDS for playing a game, meant for KIDS.
Kid, move out of your basement, and go dig some ditches, cause you need to get off your butt and go outside. Why are you blaming kids for using hacks? If you had the opportunity to be better then everyone, would you take it? OF COURSE. Now go play a game like garrys mod, where everyone is 18+, which live in their parents basement. You were a kid at some time in your life. And I bet you were a really annoying kid by the looks of this post.
07/03/2015 10:18 pm
Lucky_The_Dog
I totally agree with you. Except for the very last sentence! XD
07/03/2015 8:56 pm
LetsGoTrippin
Your brother must be Stephen Hawking, then.

And I bet you're a lot more annoying than this guy that you claimed was.
06/29/2015 12:31 pm
Level 24 : Expert Button Pusher
Azrath
He is not trying to prove anything, he just made a thread that he enjoyed old minecraft more. Also I think you didn't play enough of GMOD or you would know there are MANY kids too so yeah, that's that.

Also kids using hacks?

Okay lets put this this way, how would you feel if you were going to race, 2 cars but your opponent secretly "upgraded" their car to be better than yours, now you would be just okay with that, right? By what you say I would say yes. Its like saying having hacks is okay, IT ISN'T.
07/03/2015 7:20 pm
Level 5 : Apprentice Network
YonkersTyler
hacking part is irrelevant.. I have a friend with a 4000$ car and he beats my 40000 car easily.
07/03/2015 8:20 pm
Level 1 : New Miner
TRicool22
Well then i'm sorry you wasted $40000 car that cant even beat a junky $4000 beat-up used car. (Btw I can tell from your spelling, grammar, and childish behavior that you are nowhere near old enough to own a car or get a license.)
07/03/2015 9:08 pm
Level 36 : Artisan Taco
Rice
So now every $4000 car is a beat up car that can't beat anything new (ish)? Guess what...

This

can beat

This

on a track such as

Also, op, seems like a good idea. I would play if I were old enough, most likely. (:
07/04/2015 8:36 am
LetsGoTrippin
Well, this can beat both:

Click to reveal
07/03/2015 9:43 pm
Level 31 : Artisan Pixel Puncher
Nakudan
07/03/2015 9:16 pm
Level 24 : Expert Button Pusher
Azrath
Get rekt.
06/29/2015 12:15 pm
Level 47 : Master Mlem Mlem Bat
Karrfis
found the kid
06/29/2015 12:30 pm
Level 77 : Legendary Robot
PrototypeTheta
+1

Also hacking is despicable. If kids are more prone to using hacks then you can legitimately blame the shift in demographic for the recent decline of the playerbase's quality...

Plus, to reiterate my previous point, Minecraft has only recently been marketed as a kids game. This wasn't always the case, it used to have a much older audience.
06/29/2015 11:48 am
Level 27 : Expert Toast
zoossrocks
I've altogether stopped playing Minecraft and haven't touched it for a year. I stopped playing PC longer than that for Xbox because console let you do whatever you want easily with your friends. New generation of players just aren't fun to play with.
06/29/2015 11:02 am
Level 31 : Artisan Pixel Puncher
Nakudan
Well I'm not too sure about you but I've actually been around long enough to witness Minecraft in its fullest. I mean back then like many others I actually scorned Minecraft when I first discovered it but then started it playing it and began wasting my life away. However back then I was a cracked user (still am actually) and there were a lot less privileges for those kind of people. You couldn't access the Minecraft Beta developments, you would be ridiculed by the community for being a cracked Minecrafter (I'm not too sure whether that still happens), and you were basically on the wait list for all the great stuff until you could afford stuff. Also there was Minecraft in Browsers and you could play the literal prototype MC with no redstone or features like combat mechanics or fall damage. Basically plain old fashion building and you could connect with friends over an online server and just build. No segregation, no barriers, just you and good ol' fashion Minecraft.
06/29/2015 9:42 am
Level 23 : Expert Nerd
likn
-snip-
06/29/2015 7:16 am
Level 52 : Grandmaster Programmer
DarkEyeDragon
I agree with you. Altough i'm only 17 ;n; I loved to play the beta game so much more than i do now. 1.8.1 Was the shit. When they added beds, pistons stuff like that. Oh god the 1.3 update that introduced the golems! I was in love with that one! But now its all a bunch of kids running around spamming their server ip in chat use capslock 24/7 Its just really frustrating what the Minecraft community has become. And not even the kids. The server owners. All they care about is getting a huge amount of gain from running their server. Giving donators OP stuff and making the game p2w. I hate to play minecraft now. I only play it for the few people that i actually enjoy playing with. Minecrafts glory days are over. The only joy i find in minecraft now is creating addons (mods, plugins,...)

I really miss the old days.
06/29/2015 3:46 am
Lucky_The_Dog
Not all kids troll and spam! It doesn't matter how old kids are because they can be really mature for their age! Besides, minecraft is a game for kids! D:<
06/29/2015 6:36 am
Level 77 : Legendary Robot
PrototypeTheta
Unfortunately enough of them do to turn the community rancid, and the "mature" ones don't really make up for the significant numbers of scrubby edge lords who only enjoy causing grief for others, and believe me, I cannot log into a single server without meeting at least 2-3 of the letter standing outside spawn.

Also Minecraft has only recently been marketed as a game for kids, originally this wasn't the case.
06/29/2015 2:53 am
Level 7 : Apprentice Explorer
Pikachu089
I agree that most kids are super annoying. And I do admit that I'm still a kid. I started playing minecraft when I was about, say, 8? It was when minecraft was first released to public, and I immediately got attached. I don't see why other people my age act the way they do, but they don't understand minecraft completely. I've never had a mod, unfamiliar with world edit, and love vanilla minecraft. Don't hate on me for still being a kid
04/25/2015 4:12 am
Level 17 : Journeyman Hunter
Neptune_Sage
Minecraft is gone, as I saw one one game (i think Game Dev Tycoon), generations of players move each year so older players leave and their place takes ahm younger players... In-experienced players who think they own the world because they finally typed an IP in server IP box... But not all younger players are bad, I met some and they can be nice sometimes if they see community is nice, if no well than... Good luck.
04/25/2015 2:41 am
Level 31 : Artisan Vampire
LadySpiderwick
Honestly, the main age to appeal for seems to be 12-18, I've been playing minecraft since 2011 before the official game came out, I also played some cracked minecraft because I couldn't afford to have an account at the time seeing as you had to have a paid account to use the client. I have no problem with young children playing minecraft, BUT, if they are on server's like aged 6-10 then no, they shouldn't be unless it was with friends and/or family.
04/25/2015 12:35 am
Level 40 : Master Architect
nammerbom
I miss classic vanilla survival servers where everyone worked together as a community, not everyone out for themselves. I plan on starting a private server soon for people who also like this kind of style. I never did play beta or alpha minecraft, but I got it in release 1.2, which was in 2012, so still a decent time ago, but I'm no veteran.
07/04/2015 9:50 am
Level 11 : Journeyman Engineer
_coolness_
Yessss! So true! I also got minecraft at 1.2
04/25/2015 12:06 am
Level 20 : Expert Button Pusher
HaloMrFrags
I really liked the days of Indev, the really calm ones. Where there wasn't a 5 year old telling me I'm a squeaker and I need to go kill myself. It was really fun because it was simple. I loved MC for that.
04/25/2015 12:31 am
RenegadeRad
I know that feel bro
04/25/2015 12:00 am
RenegadeRad
Anyone else?
04/24/2015 1:49 pm
Level 42 : Master Mage
Endersteve
Oh the good ol' days.
Back in Myyyyyyyy day we used to get wool with our fists. and mobs didn't give a crap about being punched to death.
04/24/2015 1:45 pm
Level 3 : Apprentice Artist
Draco darkblade
Bold the read carefully it may help
04/24/2015 1:35 pm
RenegadeRad
okolotowhats wrong with teaming? If they have friends then they have the right to team with them.

"Hacker Teamers" "Bullying of low class players" "Read Carefully"

Teaming of friends is good. But when teamers hack and ruin, thats the wrong part.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome