The Vortex Network | Looking For All Staff Ranks

KingRaptor345's Avatar KingRaptor3452/24/17 8:49 pm
1 emeralds 2.8k 100
4/20/2017 3:06 pm
KingRaptor345's Avatar KingRaptor345

The Vortex Network

The Vortex Network is a Minecraft Server Network looking to bring the players the best possible server experience. The server is not yet created but we are in the preparation stage. We have the artwork, some of the builds, a plan for setting it up, and some setup finished. When the server is launched it will have many custom plugins/features, awesome staff, and 3 gamemodes. Those gamemodes will be Factions, Towny Survival, and OPPrison with much more to come. We plan on releasing the network on May 27th! Come join us! If you are interested in helping start an amazing server network, then apply down below!

We are currently in the process of hiring staff. We already have 9 staff members, they are:
KingRaptor345 - Owner
Debited - Staff-Manager
PinkFolder - Sr.Mod
SirGregg - Lead-Developer
Mr.RiceNoodles - GFX-Designer
Studz - Head-Administrator
Katie - Administrator
Galaxq - Administrator
koko - Helper

We still have many ranks we need to fill. The ranks we absolutely need have a * next to them. The ranks we are looking for are listed below. I will explain them in detail below the list along with how many we have/need.

Developer (0/2)
Graphic-Designer (1/1)
Systems-Administrator (0/1)
Administrator (Can rank up to Head-Admin) * (2/3)
Moderator (Can rank up to Sr. Mod) * (1/4)
Builder (Can rank up to Head-Builder) * (0/3)
Helper * (1/5)
Youtuber * (As many as possible)

Developer:
The developer rank is just like it sounds. They will develop the server’s plugins and the website. They will do most of the behind the scenes work. Required to know Java and the Bukkit/Spigot API and also have experience using them. Also experience with HTML, CSS, PHP, JQuery, Python, and other languages help tremendously. Reports to the Lead-Dev.

Graphic Designer: (Full)
These are the people who develop the artwork for the server. The artwork includes banners, logos, icons, backgrounds, themes, and whatever else we may need. Experience making artwork and also experience with either Photoshop or GIMP. Reports to the Lead-Dev.

Systems-Administrator:
They will be responsible for maintaining the dedicated server, website, and all of the behind the scenes things. They will maintain the server(s) and improve the security throughout the network. Experience with this is a must have. Reports to the Lead-Dev.

Administrator:
These are the main behind the scenes guys. They will be working on various jobs and doing mostly in-game work improving the server. They will also help any of the above ranks if needed, they will also watch over all of the below ranks and help train them. There is also much more. Experience with server administration is a must. One individual can possibly rank up to Head-Admin if you are very good at this rank.

Moderator:
These are the guys you will see and know the best. They are always in-game, scouting for hackers, monitoring the chat, and answering your questions. These are the people you will always go for help, after asking helpers. Experience in server moderation is a must. Must be friendly, easy-going, and very helpful. Can possibly rank up to Sr. Mod if you are very good at this rank.

Builder:
Builds the spawns, arenas, and prison mines, their work is the work you will see all around you. One individual can possibly rank up to Architect if you are very good at this rank. Must have experience using worldedit and building in Minecraft.

Helper:
This is the lowest rank, if you are applying via the server, this is the rank you would start out as. They are the first person you go to when you want to ask a question or get support. No experience is required, you just need to be friendly, helpful, and easy going.

Youtuber:
The youtuber rank is a special rank. To get this rank you need to have at least 100 subs and high view count. Please PM me if you are interested in this rank as it has a completely different application with only 3 questions.

Also, once a player has been ranked up to Moderator, they may choose which team they prefer. If they prefer not to be on any team, they don’t have to. They will give their top 3 choices and whichever one needs a member most, they will join. There are many teams that have different tasks and abilities. For an example, the media team are the ones who manage the server’s artwork, public relations, and social media accounts.

Now, for the part you have been waiting for, the application. All ranks administrator and below apply using the following format. The ranks above administrator must PM me here for instructions to proceed to skype and a custom application. There are also some requirements to be staff. You must be at least 13 years of age, you must have skype and be able to call, and you must be able to be online/call at least 2 hours a day. Copy and paste the following application format into your reply and answer the questions!

IGN:

Timezone:

Do you have any experience in this position, if so, where?

Why should you be staff on The Vortex Network?

How often can you play and how long a day?

Basic overview of your skills:

About Yourself:

Anything else?

Make sure to bold questions and unbold answers, keep it spaced appropriately for fluidity. Respond each questions with detailed answers, if your application is approved, the next step is in the process is the interview with the owner and the staff-manager via skype. Good Luck!

Sincerely,
The Vortex Network Management Team
KingRaptor345
Level 5 : Apprentice Engineer

Create an account or sign in to comment.

04/20/2017 3:06 pm
KingRaptor345
Bump!
04/19/2017 1:08 pm
KingRaptor345
Bump! Our website is http://thevortexnetwork.com/. We are still looking for staff and youtubers to help us along the way!
04/17/2017 2:03 pm
KingRaptor345
Bump!
04/16/2017 10:16 am
Level 1 : New Explorer
IamJustJaydon
IGN:
OZB_Wolf
Timezone:
GMT+1
Do you have any experience on this position, if so, where?
I had an own server. I know all basics and i have experience with tracking people with hacks. Because to be honest i HAD hacks myself and I'm sorry for that. I know how xRayers mines and i hope that my age doesn't matter much. Because many people underthink about me because of my age.
I know all basic server commands. I hosted a server myself. For additional questions PM me.
How often can you play and how long a day? (This is when i'm online)
Monday: 4PM - 9PM
Tuesday: 4PM - 9PM
Wednesday: 1PM - 9 PM
Thursday: 4PM - 9PM
Friday: 1PM - 11PM
Saturday: 10AM - 23PM
Sunday: 10AM-9PM
Because i really want to help your server out. I don't do this for fun but i do this for other people who needs my help hosting a server and to track cheaters.
About Yourself
I'm a 12 year young calm guy. I live in The Netherlands in a village called Barendrecht. My English is kinda good for someone of my age in this country. I'm coming from kind of technical family. My uncle is working as a Java scripter/developer.
04/16/2017 11:11 am
KingRaptor345
You have been denied. You need to be at least 13 years of age to be considered.
04/16/2017 9:05 am
KingRaptor345
Bump!
04/09/2017 1:04 pm
Level 1 : New Miner
RyanPlaysMCForFun
Bump!
04/07/2017 9:57 pm
RyanPlaysMCForFun

IGN: PotatoAssassin

Timezone: PST (West Coast)

Do you have any experience in this position, if so, where?: I have a very sufficient amount of experience in this position. Like most, I have been staff on other previous servers, and though it may have only been 5 other positions I have held, two of those have been Administrator rankings. All of my previous staffing experiences have been long and prosperous, and I would also like to add that I have had my most fun/long lasting/fortunate experiences in Admin position. The two times I had been admin were one being in a network, MCNetwork, and another being IgniteFactions. MCNetwork was the better of the two, as I feel as I had a much larger role to fulfill, as the network was the definition of professional.

Why should you be staff on The Vortex Network?: For me, it's all about the mentality and mindset that you have when you apply or staff for a new server and or network. The application is just the beginning and lets the owners learn about you and such, while if you are accepted, you are expected to do fit that position perfectly. So, if I am in fact accepted, I will strive to be the better staff member on this team and network. I will be as helpful as possible, all the time; I pride myself in being a solid listener and then being able to do things based what I just heard. What puts me above the other applicants for this position, is my mentality in everything that I do. From Minecraft, to the real world, I dedicate myself to whatever project at hand, and will not quit until it is done just right. I am most definitely a people's person, I know how to work with all kinds of different attitudes and such. Even if I don't get along with someone as well, I will put that behind me and come in with a open mind. And finally I know when it's ok to joke around, and then when it is time to get serious, we have to have fun while were doing it so .

How often can you play and how long a day?: I will play everyday, unless something comes up (which is quite rare), and I play around 3-5 hours a day.

Basic overview of your skills: I have all of the skills and such needed for this rank, and more. I know how to work with people with ease and will dedicate myself to this server. I know how to deal with problems and root them out, and resolve them as quickly as possible. Dealing with people is what I am very strong at, and observing how others work and adjusting to their agendas, all of which you will see if I do get accepted.

About Yourself: I play on my varsity High School Soccer team, and love to game on my computer and console. I have always been intrigued by Minecraft and the multiplayer side of it.

Anything else? Nothing, but thank you for reading this!
04/09/2017 5:09 pm
KingRaptor345
You have been accepted into the interview process! I will contact you!
04/07/2017 4:58 pm
KingRaptor345
Bump!
04/02/2017 6:43 pm
Level 6 : Apprentice Architect
Voidality

IGN:
shadow_plays_pvp

Timezone:
Central lives in Texas

I'm going for Administrator or Moderator.

I have been playing minecraft since 1.7.10, over the years I have been helping a various of servers/networks. A lot of the servers I have been apart of have for the most part been in development. I feel that I have the required experience for this position, I have been many positions such as, Mod, Admin, Head-Admin and owned my own server in the past.

I should be staff on The Vortex Network, because, I feel that I can bring a lot to the table. I am a very mature, trustworthy, reliable hardworking person who has a passion for helping people. I am able to help in almost any situation from dealing with players/staff to contributing idea's to help the network improve. I can be online for 4-10 hours per day except when I am working (only two days a week at this point) I am able to do many things and help no matter what needs to be done, doesn't matter if the task is boring or hard, I will do it, I have no issues with asking for help. On that note, I love to learn.

I can be online the server for 5 or 10 hours per day.

Here is a list of skills I have (Although they might be basic, I still feel they are very important)

Dealing with others - No matter if this person is a normal player or a staff member, I can help deal with it. I do my best to deescalate the situation at hand. I will always treat them with respect, I always ask what is wrong and from there, I can help. Helping to me isn't always using a command to punish someone or just ignore them hoping the problem will solve itself, in my experience that rarely happens. I take the time to talk to them, and just relate to them.

Reports - I have minor experience with this, but I still feel I can do this. With reports, I go through each one, look for proof, past offenses to decide what will happen. I normally will talk to another staff member about the reports and their opinion on what should be done. This one I find is rather simple to do, you look at the reports and deal with them accordingly. Although it's not as simple as that, it can become a hassle at times and I am prepared to go through thick and thin to keep the server at it's best.

Tasks - I am able to complete tasks with no problem (Depending on what it is) I have no problem taking on a task, easy or hard, I do my best. I also have no problem giving out tasks to others such as a moderator, builder ect.
There wasn't much for me to say on this one, but I feel it's rather simple to explain.

Observing - Although this might not be a skill, I still feel that this is very important towards a server. With this, I am able to observe other staff members to see how well they operate, I am able to give advice to them, assist with any issue and I am always there. I observe how players react to new updates, being reported ect. I feel this is very important and everyone should be able to observe in one way or another.

Staff training - I have very little experience with this, the reason I am putting this under my skills is because I would love to learn more about this. This is something I can see myself in the near future helping/training other members to become the best they can be. This is something I am very interested in and would love to help in anyway I can.

Redstone - I know a lot of redstone so if you need help with redstone I could help you out

About Yourself:
I'm a 13 year old male, I live in texas and I have been playing minecraft since 1.7.10 when my best friend introduced me. If you would like to know anything, feel free to ask and I will answer in the best way I can.

Anything else?
If you have any concerns about my application, please let me know about it so we can talk about it.
Thank you for reading my application.
04/02/2017 6:59 pm
KingRaptor345
You have been accepted for the interview! I will contact you via skype.
04/01/2017 10:37 am
NaturalEnergy

IGN: Jamiiroquai

Timezone: BRST (GMT -3)

Do you have any experience in this position, if so, where?: I have been a staff member in various small servers/projects, with playerbases ranging from 20-30. During my time as staff, I was in charge of various roles, from Helper to Admin. Throughout this time, I learned how a Minecraft server functions as a whole, learning how the plugins work and the attitudes and personalities of the people who play it.

Why should you be staff on The Vortex Network?: Because I deem myself to be an extremely mature, but at the same time, a very creative person. I consider myself an quite open-minded person, willing to listen to both sides of the story. Before acting, I judge and think which action is the best. My knowledge of the game allows me to help newer players, and I can help bring new ideas to the server.

How often can you play and how long a day?: I play Minecraft regularly, as it is the main game I play. I can play for 3-5 hours a day, and 5-8 hours on the weekends and holidays.

Basic overview of your skills: I'm a very creative person, who can bring new concepts to the server. I also consider myself a very mature person, keeping my posture at all circumstances, but I'm also a very friendly and open person, who is willing to listen to anybody at all times. I can also speak both English and Portuguese considerably well.

About Yourself: I'm just a 15 year old who lives in Brazil. My favorite hobbies are writing, watching TV series and playing games. I am also a big fan of urban architecture (specially from the big cities in Brazil) and I also love soccer. I plan on being either a journalist or working with TV in the future.

Anything else?: Nope, that's it.
04/02/2017 11:48 am
KingRaptor345
You have been accepted into the interview process! PM me your skype please!
04/01/2017 8:44 am
KingRaptor345
Bump!
03/28/2017 11:18 pm
xGladiator

IGN: My in game name is xGladiator

TIMEZONE: My timezone is UTC-5

Do you have any experience in this position, if so, where?:

I have no experience of being Mod but I do know what to do and how it works so I understand the concept.

Why should you be staff on The Vortex Network?:

I think I should be staff on the Vortex Network because I am helpful and nice and I am committed to being staff. I can help make the server hacker proof so players can have fun and I am trustworthy. I can help players when they need help and i don't and won't abuse my abilities of mod.

How often can you play and how long a day?:

I can play for 2-3 hours a day on weekdays but on weekends I can play for 3-5 a day so I am pretty frequent.

Well here are my skills and I think they might be important

Reports: If someone is hacking or someone is being accused of hacks I won't right away believe it I will inspect the person being accused and I won't false ban.

Work (Tasks):

I am really good at doing tasks and I would follow the task and not lose focus. I would be able to do the task easily (depending on the difficulty of the task) I would do the task no matter what it is easy or hard I will do it

Staff Training:

If I do get accepted then I would do good in staff training because I would listen and follow the rules and I would be okay with and trainer.

Chat Trouble:

If there are ANY problems in chat like swearing bullying spamming I will do a good job taking care of the problem claim and not mute people for no reason

About Yourself:

I am a 12 year old male who lives in Canada and I have played Minecraft for 2.5 years,
I like the outdoors, I play soccer,basketball and four square. If you have anymore questions about me feel free to ask me.

Anything else?:

I would like to say I have a youtube channel 220 subscribes but I am not going for that rank and if there is any feed back about my application let me know so I can improve.
03/28/2017 5:28 pm
Level 3 : Apprentice Miner
Tatten

IGN: Tatten

Timezone: EST

Do you have any experience in this position, if so, where? Yes I have build for many servers and believe I myself am a decent and well dedicated builder.

Why should you be staff on The Vortex Network? Because I took the time to fill this application out, and am willing to show my dedication.

How often can you play and how long a day? 3-5hours

Basic overview of your skills: 8/10

About Yourself: Am 19 years of age, And heading towards boot camp for the USMC around October.

Anything else? N/A
03/28/2017 4:06 pm
KingRaptor345
Bump!
03/24/2017 8:09 pm
Debited
Still looking for new applicants, mainly moderators and developers.

Sincerely,
Debited
03/18/2017 5:26 pm
xPres_
IcyRealm stole my application and claimed it as his.
Proof: https://gyazo.com/e73e45b66e1fa4c61b397cfa978fd3bc
I was applying for his server, and he stole my application for his personal gain.
03/18/2017 4:30 pm
IcyRealm

IGN: WolfyGamer123

Timezone: GMT

My experiences as a staff member is very higher due to my moderating skills. I have worked for many networks and servers. Some I am still active on where as others I left or they shut down. I have been staff on the following servers that I know of: Stone Legends, Hippo Madness, Seal Craft, IcyRealmNetwork, AtlanticaMC. These are a few of the many Networks / servers I've worked for.

Well, I decided to apply because I think I would get along well with the staff team. I don't care what people think of me (in a negative way). I don't shed emotions towards dumbness during situations in TeamSpeak and and regular in-game chat. I want to be dedicated to this server ever more to help bring positive vibes to the staff team and more help so the server stays clean and fun/enjoyable for everyone and anyone. I am not here to apply just because I want to be staff, I am here to apply to be helpful and work to be the best staff I can be and grow even more as a MineCraft player and a server member. I will do anything in my power to do the right thing and do my job correctly. I want to make experiences memorable and playing more enjoyable. I don't wanna be a annoying to players or to other staff. I want respect to give respect. I am a person who shares a natural obligation and heavy dedication to those in need of a correct moderation. I will always try my best to help people on the server who need it,I love playing factions I have played on cosmic and on treasure wars I love playing factions making maxed sets. I would like to be staff because I love helping. I get along well with other people and the people on teamspeak are all very nice. I could be very creative and could help the server with maybe some of my ideas. I decided to apply cause I feel like I can contribute to the server, I can get on teamspeak/discord/skype whenever there is a problem or if there are concerns.I have had a lot of fun playing on factions and I want to make it an even better community, I want to make it a place where people can chill hang out and have fun at the same time. I have learned a lot from other people who are staff on factions. I would want to assist them in keeping the chat clean of vulgar people, toxic people and people that spam, and of course advising and helping people and even though I am not staff I think I am already doing a good job because when I something in chat like racial slurs, homophobic slur or even suicidal encouragement I would tell a staff member immediately. And when there is no staff on people think they can do whatever they want and I think I could do something against that, also because when i am normally on in the morning there is no staff on and alot of people spam, are toxic and sometimes even hackers in the warzone i would like to prevent this from happening and help keep the server clean and peacefull.

How often can you play and how long a day? 7 - 10 h a day.

Basic overview of your skills: My strengths are: I can deal with players who wish to cause trouble around the network. I can handle situations when they might get out of hand. I can also most deal with any type of problem on the server. I don't think I have any weaknesses in the area of moderating a network.

About Yourself: Hi, my name is Harry but I'm also know as WolfyGamer123; I am 13 years of age and love to play games all day. I'm a very responsiable person with a wonderful persenalty.

Anything else? Thank you for taking the time to read my application.
03/20/2017 5:37 pm
KingRaptor345
You have been denied due to plagarism.
03/18/2017 4:10 pm
Level 1 : New Network
iDanielle

IGN:
iDanielle

I will PM you my Skype if accepted.

Timezone:

Eastern Standard Time

Administrator would suit me the best, in my opinion.

I've been an admin on Voidnation, Sunraids, Lunaraids, and Hyverse. Mod/Mentor on Desteria. Mod/Helper on a ton of smaller servers. I love being involved with the players of the Network. I was a Community Manager on Lunaraids, but the in-game title was Admin.

I have tons of experience on about 20 small servers, and 5 larger ones, managing about 400-1000 players daily. I have a pretty fast typing speed and I'm a pretty calm person in general. I don't get upset easily and I tend to watch out for other people’s feelings. I'm super friendly and enjoy communicating with other people. I enjoy helping in chat. Of course, I enjoy spectating pvpers and catching hackers since I'm not amazing at pvp myself, though I do have tons of fun doing it! I've worked alongside tons of other staff members and I'm calm under pressure. When there's a hacker, I'd like to consider myself an expert at screensharing and catching Ghost clients without having to snoop through personal files! I own Fraps and Adobe Premier for editing.

I can dedicate about 5-7 hours on Weekdays and 6-10 hours on weekends. I'm extremely active since school is nearing to an end and there isn't much else for me to do during my freetime.

I don't have skills like coding and development, but I'm an extremely fast typer and friendly person to be around. I'm amazing at screensharing and catching ghost clients without going through personal files. I'm decent at pvp, which helps a ton at catching hackers.

About Yourself:

My name is Danielle and I'm 15 years old from the United States. I am a bit young but I have tons of experience with server management. I've owned some servers myself with sponsorships, but I never really had as much fun owning a server than helping out on one, to be completely frank. I've worked on Desteria is a Moderator / Mentor. Back when Ambushment was the owner, they managed about 600 - 1000 players. I was staff on there about up until Ambushment sold the server, which was about 6 months of being staff and two years of being a member. I was an admin on a ton of servers, mostly managing community related issues and helping the staff members out anytime needed. Voidnation, Sunraids, Lunaraids, Desteria, and Hyverse were all sold eventually which really broke my heart seeing the servers go from such a high point to the new owner ruining it.

Anything else?
To be honest, I'm really active and have no life. That's it.
03/20/2017 5:36 pm
KingRaptor345
You have been accepted as a moderator!
03/18/2017 2:55 pm
KingRaptor345
Bump!
03/15/2017 11:41 am
KingRaptor345
Bump! We are still looking for developers, mods, builders, and helpers!
03/14/2017 8:43 am
KingRaptor345
DoukasAge: 17

IGN: DJ_Fyfe

Timezone: Pacific Standard Time

I have owned Minecraft for nearly 7 years now and I feel that I have substantial knowledge and experience when it comes to Server Building and Administrating. I have owned numerous Factions/PVP, Skyblock and RPG Servers. I have ample knowledge of how to run a server properly, cooperate with other Staff Members and how to manage my builds and the builds of Team Members when provided with positions of authority. I have extensive experience when it comes to Spawn and Hub Building, Arena Building and City/Town building. I am also proficient with World Edit and Voxel Sniper. I have experience Building for and Administrating for various Servers throughout my Minecraft Career and I'm constantly working my hardest to provide improved builds, techniques and skills to accomplish my goals. I enjoy Building, Working with others and Helping whenever possible. When I’m working for you, I guarantee you I will provide you with the best service possible.

Why should you be staff on The Vortex Network?: I feel I should be chosen for Staff because of my experience, maturity, dedication and efficiency. I have worked as a Builder/Admin on numerous servers, my most recent being a server called RomaOritur. I understand all Administrating/Building Commands, Cooperate with others well and I'm dedicated to my work.

How often can you play and how long a day? I can play everyday of the week, 2:30PM-11PM PST.

3-4 years of Building Experience.
1-2 Years experience Building for Servers.
Extensive Administrating and Supervising knowledge and abilities.
Proficient with all Admin Commands
Proficient in VoxelSniper and World Edit

About Yourself: I am 17 years old, Live in California and I'm currently a Junior in High school. I study Architecture and Metal Working in High School and plan to become a Welder. I've been playing Minecraft for 7 years and still dig it.

Anything else? Heres a small portfolio of some of my recent builds, I'll include Arena Builds when I get a chance. http://imgur.com/gallery/4DpOq

Make sure to bold questions and unbold answers, keep it spaced appropriately for fluidity. Respond each questions with detailed answers, if your application is approved, the next step is in the process is the interview with the owner and the staff-manager via skype. Good Luck!

You have been accepted as builder for the interview!
03/14/2017 8:15 am
GeekBusterzHD

IGN: GeekbusterzHD

Timezone: UK

Rank: admin or mod so I can work up to admin but I will be whatever rank you need I can also kinda design graphics

Do you have any experience in this position, if so, where? no, but I'm looking to get some experience

Why should you be staff on The Vortex Network? I can offer a lot of my time is not currently in school so if I'm not making a youtube vid I have free time.

How often can you play and how long a day? well from about 10 am till 1 or 2 am this depends on whether I need to make a video

Basic overview of your skills: I can kinda graphic design and my building skills are ok but not great and I work well with other so I can interact with players easily

About Yourself: I'm 15 from the UK and I have a youtube channel with 27 subs and 3 sponsors.
03/14/2017 8:41 am
KingRaptor345
Denied to due lack of detail.
03/14/2017 7:45 am
RyuuZetzu

IGN:
RyuuZetzu

Timezone:
The current time is Tue Mar 14 2017 18:36:05 GMT+0700
The GMT current time is Tue, 14 Mar 2017 11:36:05 GMT
You are currently at GMT+/--7:00

Administrator, I am open to other positions too if this rank is full, the owner can decide.

I do have experience as an Administrator on a minecraft server called FreedomOP owned by CrafterSmith12. I was an admin for about 7 months until the server had to close down due to no money...

I should be a staff on Vortex Network because I feel confident, confident to become an admin, to find new faces in a new and growing community. Assist everyone in need and train other new admins along the way. I want to inspire people and make as many friends along the way, and fullfil the job as an Administrator.

Probably 2-4 hours a day, depends on me really, I usually come home tired so I would occasionally take naps time to time

I am a good rule enforcer who does not use their emotions or feelings into dealing with a dramatic person who pose to be a problem that harm the server. But honestly I am not good at building.

About Yourself:
I am a 15 year old student who studies in Asia because of my parents, so I regret not meeting you all. However, I will try to become as active as possible if needed and will be open to DMS, dont forget to add me on Discord if you have. it's Shado#9544, I check my skype and Discord everyday so it will take less than 24 hours for me to reply.

Anything else?
Thank you for wasting your time and reading this application, I appreciate the support!
03/14/2017 8:46 am
KingRaptor345
You have been denied due to lack of detail.
03/14/2017 7:23 am
Cosmoe

IGN:
Cosmoe

Timezone:
UTC/GMT +10 hours.

I would like to apply for a position in the Administration team.

I do have quite a lot of previous staff experience. I have held almost every staff role known to man, including Founder/Owner. Having previously owned my own server I understand the backend and the roles of all staff members, and the importance of all the staff members working together to achieve an overall goal. Experiencing servers of a wide range of sizes, I have at times been pushed to work as fast as I can, having to quickly think on my feet and prioritise the duties of my role.

I should be staff on The Vortex Network as I believe I can bring skills, commitment, and maturity to not only the board of staff, but the server overall. I'm really easy to get along with and am really easy to approach for help by both players, staff and superiors. I love helping add new features and helping both new and experienced players so that they are able to have the greatest possible experience, an experience I believe I can help deliver if I was a member of the board of staff.

My availability as it stands at the time of making this application is as follows:
Monday-Friday: After 4pm.
Saturday: After 1pm.
Sunday: All Day.

Many of my skills come from my previous work on other servers, but most comes from the real world too.

People Skills and Communication: Coming from a job where communication and people skills are key, I feel like I am able to clearly communicate my intentions and ideas effectively. Working in fast food, I have dealt with my fare share of difficult customers, and staff too. After dealing with difficult customers and customer complaints for 3 years, I have worked up a set of skills to be able to communicate and reason with the person in conflict, leaving them and the organisation on the best of terms possible.

Training: In my previous real world job, I worked as a crew trainer, training new crew on both the skills and values they would need to exceed at the job. For me, training comes down to communication and understanding where the trainee comes from and what methods of training are going to work best for them. I trained as one of the lead crew trainers gaining a reputation for training high quality staff, some of which in my later days I retrained on how to train future trainees for when I left the organisation.

Problem Solving: Every problem has a solution. No matter if it is technical based or player based, I will put in the proper strategies to resolve a problem as quickly and effectively as possible, whist trying to keep everything running as usual whilst doing it.

Getting the Job Done: When a task is set, it needs to be completed no matter the circumstances. Everything I do is done with a "getting sh*t" done attitude. I priorities my tasks and meet my deadlines. There is noting else to say about this skill really, other than if a task is set, I'll get it done... I'll always find a way.

Reporting: Reporting I feel is a very underrated importance. I believe that reporting not only bugs and fixes, but also staff quality of service is important as you can find emerging patterns and help to improve staff and server performance.

About Yourself:
I am an 18 year old male from Melbourne, Australia. I have always loved playing video games and helping others where I can so that they are able to enjoy the experience as much as I do. I have worked two different jobs since I was 16, my first being a crew person at McDonalds where I was quickly promoted to a crew trainer (the youngest the store had ever seen). These days I work as a bobcat operator in the family business with plans to move to a more commercial workplace in the future.

Anything else?
If there is any confusion with my application please don't hesitate to message me.
03/14/2017 1:17 pm
KingRaptor345
You have been accepted for the interview! I will contact you!
03/14/2017 12:21 am
Doukas

IGN: DJ_Fyfe

Timezone: Pacific Standard Time

I have owned Minecraft for nearly 7 years now and I feel that I have substantial knowledge and experience when it comes to Server Building and Administrating. I have owned numerous Factions/PVP, Skyblock and RPG Servers. I have ample knowledge of how to run a server properly, cooperate with other Staff Members and how to manage my builds and the builds of Team Members when provided with positions of authority. I have extensive experience when it comes to Spawn and Hub Building, Arena Building and City/Town building. I am also proficient with World Edit and Voxel Sniper. I have experience Building for and Administrating for various Servers throughout my Minecraft Career and I'm constantly working my hardest to provide improved builds, techniques and skills to accomplish my goals. I enjoy Building, Working with others and Helping whenever possible. When I’m working for you, I guarantee you I will provide you with the best service possible.

Why should you be staff on The Vortex Network?: I feel I should be chosen for Staff because of my experience, maturity, dedication and efficiency. I have worked as a Builder/Admin on numerous servers, my most recent being a server called RomaOritur. I understand all Administrating/Building Commands, Cooperate with others well and I'm dedicated to my work.

How often can you play and how long a day? I can play everyday of the week, 2:30PM-11PM PST.

3-4 years of Building Experience.
1-2 Years experience Building for Servers.
Extensive Administrating and Supervising knowledge and abilities.
Proficient with all Admin Commands
Proficient in VoxelSniper and World Edit

About Yourself: I am 18 years old, Live in California and I'm currently a Senior in High school. I study Architecture and Metal Working in High School and plan to become a Welder. I've been playing Minecraft for 7 years and still dig it.

Anything else? Heres a small portfolio of some of my recent builds, I'll include Arena Builds when I get a chance. http://imgur.com/gallery/4DpOq

03/13/2017 11:35 pm
Mr_RiceNoodles

IGN: GamerDoesGames

Timezone: USA Eastern

I had a graphic design youtube channel a year ago, but I decided to end because I didn't have any inspiration. Know I am starting graphic design again for about 4-5 months now, and I have gotten a lot better.

If you want the honest truth this is it. I just have alot of time to spare. I need something to occupy me. I love doing graphic design and I saw that you guys needed one and I love minecraft, so I was like why not. I'm giving my honest answer I don't want it to seem like I don't care. If I get accepted, I would treat this like a real life job.

I got to school from 7:30 to 3:30. Here is my schedule of how long I can get on a each day.
All these time will work for me unless somethings really important comes up
Monday - 4:00pm to 7:30pm
Tuesday - 6:00pm to 7:30pm
Wednesday (This day varies) - it is either 4:00pm to 7:30pm or 4:00pm to 5:00
Thursday - 4:00pm to 7:30pm
Friday - 4:00pm to 8:30pm or later
Saturday - 11:00am to 8:30pm or later
Sunday - 3:30pm to 8:30 or later

I have done graphic design for about 2 years now and I love doing it. I love being creative whenever it comes to art. I always put the client first. I do what they want, I don't do something unless the client ask for it. I do give tips and advice what can make things look better but if they client doesn't agree I won't push it. I can work well with new ideas and situations.

About Yourself:
My name is Christian and I am currently in high school as a sophomore. I have been a great student throughout my life. I work well with others, I am a great listener, and I participate a lot. I do plan to start up a YouTube channel up again and very soon. Maybe in the next 1-2 months I will start uploading. I would love to be a part of this team!

Anything else?
There are few question that I like to ask in private. I just wanted to say Thank You for taking the time to read my application and hopefully we will get in contact soon!
03/14/2017 1:18 pm
KingRaptor345
You have been accepted for the interview! I will contact you via skype!
03/13/2017 5:25 pm
Level 2 : Apprentice Engineer
Mooselk

IGN: Mooselk

Timezone: Pacific UTC-08:00

I started my moderation/administration experiences on Catscraft, an SMP server. After a few months of playing, I was promoted to become 1 of 2 Head Mods the server needed. Before long, the “Head Moderator” rank was developed by the owner as he wanted to award HMod to 2 others, and he granted me this new rank of Head Mod. I was numerously placed as the temporary owner of the server while the owner was busy or on holidays. Admin was reserved for friends and well-known members that the owner knew on a personal level. The staff of Catscraft eventually ended up becoming "corrupt" in a way. They were a lot younger than I and wanted to focus more on fun and stupidity than being serious. I resigned because staff couldn’t see that blowing up that annoying person’s house was a bad idea. The staff didn’t have any understanding of how to run a server, and couldn’t tell the difference between right or wrong. After a month or 2, the owner of Catscraft invited me back as their “Coder”, a rank designed to deal with the technical issues of the server and to manage the plugins for them. In between positions on Catscraft. Sometime whilst working with Catscraft, I applied to become a moderator on a server named Vast PvP. Vast was considered the Australian Badlion and held up to 80+ players daily. I was a frequent moderator on Vast and held my position for 4 months, before resigning, I’ve since then worked on many projects most of which failed, Although I did most of them for fun and didn’t expect them to go anywhere. My experience with Vast has so far been my biggest in terms of managing players and helping, and has been a huge help in growing my passion for helping. Through my work with servers in the past, I have gained a lot of knowledge on how plugins operate and how to manage them, how to manage a server, and even started learning JavaScript and Python 3 to become more involved. My time as a staff member on previous servers has also helped me to identify problems quicker, and to help resolve them immediately.

I also worked on a few servers, but they weren’t as influential, Still worth mentioning.

Locked-Craft:
Worked for them for 6 months, After this server died I applied for CatsCraft. I didn't learn much from there, But I still count it as experience. I managed the forums, I responded to player reports via the forum and also in-game reports, I took care of spambots, Necro posters. I moved off-topic/Posts in the wrong section to the right section. I was in-charge of investigating troll reports to frame players/staff.

TeamFortress 2 servers:
Vatican City: For a while, I worked on the Vatican City Network before being dumped by the drunken owner. I managed players and took care of the donation bots misfires, By that I mean if someone didn't receive their VIP rank or Credits. lastly, I took care of hackers and managed ban appeals.

I have quite a few years of experience with, administration and backend management, I have many premium plugins I can share with the network, including but not limited to Xenforo, Litebans, AAC (advanced anti-cheat) and a few others.

I can play 7days a week unless something comes up. I can dedicate 2 - 4 hours a day, if need I can dedicate more.

Basic MySQL/SQLite management, setting up and configuring plugins (not much of a skill), Player/Staff management. I have quite a few more, nothing significant enough to put here.

About Yourself:
I can be quite shy at times since I have social anxiety which makes me kind of quiet an example would be in a group of people doing a project (I encounter this every day since I got to a project based learning school) I usually keep to myself and wait for someone to tell me what to do or I muster up enough courage to say something myself, although that is one of my weak points I have managed and have gotten better with this. Same with Skype calls if I am meeting someone new I am usually quite quiet; This I still have issues with, One upside from being like this, is I'm a great listener since that is usually all I'm doing .p., In my free time I volunteer and ride Dirt bikes with my family and work on my project bike, it's an old 2 stroke that I'm rebuilding, I also love anything computers I even have built my own. With that I got into 3D modeling and animation with C4D, I take things like School and work very seriously. I'm very dedicated to the things I love doing.

Anything else?: nope, I covered everything above.
03/13/2017 9:07 pm
KingRaptor345
You have been accepted for the interview! I will contact you via skype!
03/13/2017 4:30 pm
KingRaptor345
The questions
03/13/2017 3:58 pm
KingRaptor345
More detail.
03/13/2017 4:06 pm
Solus_D
About what?
03/13/2017 3:56 pm
Solus_D
What else do you need? Im a Graphic Designer?
03/13/2017 3:47 pm
Solus_D

IGN: Solus_D

Timezone: GMT

Do you have any experience in this position, if so, where?: I have had lots of experience in the past couple of years of designing, It has been on and off... but if i get this rank i plan to continue and keep doing what i do best. my portfolio is xilohvisions.carbonmade.com, I used to be a designer for call of duty trickshotters/clans, if you need more proof, i will be able to do get the proof you need.

Why should you be staff on The Vortex Network?: Because I play Minecraft and design every day after school, I am friendly, trustworthy and honest, I try my best to make sure my work is as good as i say it will be so my name doesn't go down the bad path in the community

How often can you play and how long a day? 4-5 hours on weekdays, all day on weekends!

Basic overview of your skills: I can use different programs like Photoshop CS6 & Cinema 4D in case i need to do any 3D work.

About Yourself: I live in Scotland, I am always on Skype also when i'm at school i leave it on in case i get any messages, I use Turtle Beach X12 as a headset for speaking on Skype, I do NOT have a face cam but I am not shy to speak

Anything else? Nope, I think thats all
03/13/2017 3:53 pm
KingRaptor345
You have been denied due to lack of detail!
03/13/2017 2:46 pm
SirGregg
Still looking for developers. Please apply

SirGregg
03/10/2017 8:04 pm
NoHaxJustDongMe
Bump.

Developers, please apply
03/09/2017 5:38 pm
KingRaptor345
Bump! Still looking for most staff!
03/06/2017 5:41 pm
KingRaptor345
Bump!
03/05/2017 8:36 am
Puaple
I meant been on the forums for 20 minutes, sorry. It was around night time when I was making this and I was rather sleepy.
03/05/2017 8:31 am
KingRaptor345
How did you play for an hour and 20 minutes?
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome