Things which ruin gaming communities

RenegadeRad's Avatar RenegadeRad9/29/15 2:08 pm
1 emeralds 2.2k 40
3/1/2016 10:02 pm
Sardonyx's Avatar Sardonyx
Welcome fellas,

Today I would like to discuss one of the most important things which are badly affecting the gaming communities aswell as Minecraft community itself, I want you all to kindly think about this and add your thoughts below

I dont know why but I have to lift this from my chest - After playing too many multiplayer in games I have realised that I am loosing faith in humanity as well as servers show how greedy people are, not just greedy but how bad and jerks they are.

Hacking - This is probably one of the worst things in gaming, immatures do it a lot, why now you ask? This actually comes from another problem - Pay To Win. You see normally in games with multiplayer or singleplayer too, in order to get powerful people need to buy certain things to become OP. Once people get OP, they usually kill smaller players which angers the smaller players to teach the OPs a lesson or just simply want to get above the world (*sighs*). Hackers ruin the game so much that it makes Skilled and normal players loose intrest and evetually quit.

Unfairness - This happens due to the reasons mentioned above, Pay to Win and OP stuff in games make things a lot unfair, as skilled players are killed by skill - less and dead brained players. Skill is the main aspect of any game, and without it, potato. But things like this makes stuff extremely complicated.

Raging - Raging is the worst a player can do, if you don't have the skill (While NOT playing with hackers) and die with your own mistake, Don't go on raging at people for hacking when they did not and start abusing, gosh this is not real life. Why do you rage and become loud/profane o_0

Ageism - This is something I say everywhere. Age is a number it cannot define maturity. Many adults do this idiocy stuff I am talking about, mainly 8 - 9 year olds do such idiotic stuff when playing because they are in a developing age, you were once like that too. But yea, below 10 people should not be allowed to play in such a violent and unfair community, it affects them. Now you cannot blame a whole group for something a couple of poopheads did. If kids do bad, explain them or leave them alone, if they are bugging you, don't abuse just speak up to them and tell them kindly that they are wrong.

Obsession over originality - This is the most common thing In Minecraft, because it is a creative game anyways. People rant on teen skins, but they are wrong. Teen skins are unique and there are TONS of people making cool teen skins. Now everything cannot be completely unique, even tho teen skins are more because people like them. The only problem is - the people who copy-paste and overhype only one kind of template, of the first "Cool emo or teen girl skin". Cmon people skins are skins, not everyone can be dressed different ._.

Now lets get to copied content which I see everywhere. I know that all/majority of Ideas are inspired from other Ideas, but I know when what is copied. Actually there are loads of talented people with some problems and limited resources, they discuss their Ideas and then someone immediately copy and accept that idea as their own. Another thing is using someones OC on servers and trying to look cool.

Rushing - These people are almost seen everywhere. They have a carefree attitude and they disrespect "Plans" and "Ideas" , They do what they want. They play on servers and games without any strategy and people like this are usually donor OPs who cannot die no matter what they do. Rushing will also interfere the gameplay of other players

So, what do you think? I am actually sorry my post is not so illustrative because it is night here and im too lazy now

Please share your thoughts
RenegadeRad
Level 18 : Journeyman Explorer

Create an account or sign in to comment.

03/01/2016 9:44 pm
Level 7 : Apprentice Explorer
TylanderGD47
Comparing the game/console to other ones. Most known to me, Terraria and Minecraft, and XB1 VS PS4( I AM NOT TRYING TO START A WAR HERE). I cannot go 1 day without seeing Terraria VS Minecraft or PS4 VS XB1 or something similar to these.

Why i hate this: This is more visible with Terraria and Minecraft, people thing terraria is a rip of minecraft, its not. Sure, their both block-based sandbox-like games, but does this mean they're the same? No, they're different. The way I see it (and maybe a lot of others), Minecraft is more construction-based, Terraria is more progress-based (as in you need hard-mode to be able to do this etc etc, in minecraft you don't need to change your whole world just to do one thing, sure you have to look for or obtain something but you cant use something you don't have)

This ruins the game/consoles involved in that comparison, as it can cause "flame wars" (i think its what those are called, if not let me know)
03/01/2016 10:02 pm
Level 50 : Grandmaster Pixel Painter
Sardonyx
I agree with this!
03/01/2016 7:27 pm
Level 1 : New Network
FireEmblemFates
elitists. they can and will scare off possible new additions to the community by not being even slightly helpful.
by elitist i mean people who think they're above everyone else in the community because they have a certain rare item, ability, or rank.
03/01/2016 6:52 pm
Level 5 : Apprentice Archer
qwEArfzwsertgredtyhr
Ok, I really annoy being not-allowed to do something because im only ** years old.
03/01/2016 4:10 pm
_The_Ambassador_
racists and the like annoy me to no end. I also wish there was more community choices rather that 5 mates who play being god or staff and end up thinking that their better than you, and don't let the community do anything.
10/27/2015 10:05 am
Level 49 : Master Modder
minecraftjames222
Also, you should add excessive gameplays. There are simply too many youtubers expecting to become popular by recording themselves playing Minecraft at 20FPS.
10/27/2015 6:39 am
RenegadeRad
bump
10/04/2015 8:33 am
RenegadeRad
bumb, I mean bump.
10/02/2015 9:42 am
Level 52 : Grandmaster Prince
Prince Oceanus
The issue the Skinning community on here has with the teen Skins is that there are way too many of them, and most of them are just copy-pasted together using Novaskin or some other Skin stealing website/database. Pair that with the fact the all of them look eerily similar, you then have the claims of the many who say that they are the "original" author of that Skin, which leads to more problems. It's not that we don't want people to make those Skins, it's the fact that we'd like some original content rather than someone's shoddy (and obvious) attempt at trying to plagiarize someone else's work.
10/01/2015 3:31 pm
Level 17 : Journeyman Dolphin
Patchpen
The only thing that can ruin a community is your own failure to recognize the good parts of the community. There are bad people, but there are also good people, and if you stay with it long enough to meet and get to know the good people, then the bad ones are easy to ignore.

This is, of course, assuming you aren't a bad person yourself.
10/02/2015 5:08 am
RenegadeRad
shh,

Let me throw you in a dirty garbage can near a tree, then you don't mind the smell and just keep looking at the tree and admire it, k?

Man please, I am happy with this community, but when things happen too much It gets on my nerves, On everyones nerves. It is human nature to react to bad things only, because they can in the future cause problems to the good things.

Also, I just want opinions of people of what ruins the community.
10/01/2015 12:28 pm
RenegadeRad
The thing is I was too lazy to write down the whole thing in detail, so I just gave it briefly, you actually took the words out of my mouth Vai
09/30/2015 8:50 pm
Level 31 : Artisan Dragonborn
funny bunny
I, personally, try not to dwell on these things as it makes the game less fun. It is frustrating, however, when you do get killed by a hacker.

I'd also like to point out that these things do not necessarily "ruin" a gaming community per se, rather, put a bad taste in a player's mouth.
09/30/2015 7:04 pm
Level 29 : Expert Lumberjack
Civeberg
The "ageism" thing isn't correct though. The majority of the people that are against stereotyping kids are either kids or were kids less than a few years ago and are still pissed that people did this to them.

Once you get older you realize almost all of the stereotypes were true. It's like the internet version of puberty, where you realize what's accepted and what's not on the internet and how to act mature. Most little kids fit the stereotypes, and not to mention all stereotypes in general are based on truth.

It's not their fault, but they are literally less mature, because they haven't gone through puberty and highschool, etc. They DO NOT have the same experience and knowledge as a person who has, but people seem oblivious to that fact. Their brains just haven't developed to the point that older teenagers have yet
10/01/2015 5:34 am
RenegadeRad
True brother, true.
09/30/2015 6:56 pm
Level 42 : Master Pixel Painter
JozyP
As for ragers and 8 year olds, they keep me entertained.
09/30/2015 6:54 pm
Level 42 : Master Pixel Painter
JozyP
People, too many people, get friendly with wierdos on the internet. Some people think that they can love people over the internet. Our Celebrities dont help it. Too many people dont understand that people on the internet arent always who they seem to be, and crazy stuff happens. These people are the people that I think ruin the gameplay for others. For this reason Minecraft creative servers are nolonger fun and chat is spammed all over. If you play Pixel Gun 3D you see how ridiculous some of the people are, with their "No Kill" servers and what not. Pixel Gun First Person Shooter, not a socialization area! And like I said earlier, Minecraft creative servers are nolonger fun, unless they are professional or monitored or hidden, such as the Hypixel creative server which is hidden, or the Shotbow creativer server which is monitored and professional.
09/30/2015 6:37 pm
Level 36 : Artisan Architect
MarcTaylor
Noobs
09/30/2015 5:50 pm
Level 29 : Expert Dragonborn
caarsonr
lots of people think some none-pay to win servers are pay to win. The conclusion that I have come is that because donors are on more often and gain power. Making easy to think otherwise.
09/30/2015 4:40 pm
Level 34 : Artisan Birb
Karrfis
fan bases, competitive gaming, pvp
09/30/2015 5:15 pm
Level 58 : Grandmaster Grump
Azie
All of these things only ruin communities if they're toxic and they don't have to be. Competitive gaming/PvP are notoriously un-moderated in regards to people being toxic, which is why I stay away from them. If people in those circles took more pride in how they treat each other and server/business owners in those areas were more willing to moderate the correspondences between players, they wouldn't be so much of a problem.
09/30/2015 5:05 pm
Level 74 : Legendary Vampire
Drzzter
I wouldn't really say any of those things ruin a community except maybe fan bases.

-Competitive gaming in it of itself is a perfectly friendly, clean activity unless it's done incorrectly, but that's more an issue of greed and stupidity.

-PVP is what some games are solely consisting of, and there are plenty of those games that are enjoyable and filled with nice, friendly players.
09/30/2015 4:40 pm
Level 1 : New Explorer
TheyCallMeJoz
Nice post, dude. You have the right ideas about Minecraft. Keep it up!
Dem Idea Skillz!
09/30/2015 3:02 pm
Level 37 : Artisan Ranger
Caporal Dxl
I don't like games that NEED money stuff. Like this game I love but I don't play cause it costs as much as maybe even 4-10 video games, and it's not even the best one out there (I am talking about Wizard101, and Pirate101 for instance, search 'em up on google (or edge, like I do )). So yeah... I also don't like the people that swear In chat. When I play with my friends over Skype or whatever we do swear to each other, but not in the games chat (well, my friend does it cause he's a troll :/). Also hackers. I rage quit when I see these ppl flying around on PvP maps or shooting 10 trillion arrows a second with a fully charged bow and all that stuff...

So yeah, hackers, pay to play/win and swearing in chat/spamming it is what I don't like. Creativity is questionable, because there such games that don't require creativity. So yeah, hope I helped
09/30/2015 1:28 pm
RenegadeRad
Yea, you all are right but I do not want to leave this community, the thing is that you cannot always ignore bad things which could affect the future.

And I completely agree for servers, server business a snipping of this community.

and also, reposting of content by not giving people credit such as skindex as well as MinecraftDL types of sites should be taken down
09/30/2015 11:52 am
Level 9 : Apprentice Crafter
GnaaaaR
Well I am a league of legends player and the community it's kinda -snip-..Why?Because I always have trolls and feeders in my team and most people are toxic,raging and LOL bans only toxic players not FEEDERS'/TROLLERS.

LOL players will understand.

And btw the patching system sucks, I get everytime stuck at 56% or 33% so they need a week to help me.GG.
09/30/2015 11:24 am
_The_Ambassador_
Totalitarian control of servers and communities.
09/30/2015 11:21 am
Level 61 : High Grandmaster Terraformer
Ivain
In general, kids below 10 (or 12) should not be in most gaming communities that I think you take as an example, since those games are 16+ or even 18+.
Unfairness by Pay2Win is due to the publishers trying to squeeze money out of you. Don't bother trying to join a community around a game like that.

In general, though, there are SO many communities that its not worth the effort to try to change the bad ones. Instead, find a new one.

In terms of Minecraft Communities, the Hypixel community is probable one of the best, despite the obvious faults in minigames.

I usually play only on hypixel creative, but in general staff there care for the community and will respond quickly to reasonable reports and complaints, keeping the community as clean as is reasonable. Most of their minigames (with the exception of recently released "housing") are easily accessible by free-to-play players, and donators rarely get a gameplay affecting advantage.

I can't speak for other games, but in general if a community within a game is bad, switch to another one, and see if you can keep it private. If you can't, try finding another game to give your attention to.

Im not saying those that pollute the communities should be allowed to do so, but if the pollution is systematic instead of incidental, its rarely worth the effort to remove/change them.
09/30/2015 9:46 am
Level 5 : Apprentice Artist
JOLIEK
They play on servers and games without any strategy and people like this are usually donor OPs who cannot die no matter what they do. Rushing will also interfere the gameplay of other players

If you can find a server with that, please tell me. Making people pay for a donor rank is okay, but then when they pay to have an unfair advantage is against Minecraft's EULA.
Quote from Mojang
Can I sell ranks on my server?
Yes. Ranks are allowed so long as any perks gained are cosmetic. Coloured names, prefixes, special hats etc. are fine.

Can I charge for access to server commands?
Yes, as long as their effects are purely cosmetic. Commands that affect gameplay, such as a command to fly, cannot be sold for hard currency

By looking at what you said, Donor ranks have an unfair advantage.
09/30/2015 9:23 am
Level 34 : Artisan Ninja
AkirAssasin

Most people rush when they are new in a game... bad practice but some people like me do it anyways to keep up with friends. But the above problems apply to all gaming communities.
09/30/2015 4:34 pm
Level 19 : Journeyman Miner
anonpmc1072506
[deleted]
10/01/2015 9:55 pm
Level 31 : Artisan Dragonborn
funny bunny
You can't rush at all with a Negev, you won't hit anyone.
09/30/2015 11:47 am
Level 21 : Expert Ninja
zoecGxhbmV0bWluZWNyYWZ0
gl hf gg wp

Some gaming communities like TF2 this is fine because it's all chaos. In CSGO, that's how you get kicked.
09/30/2015 8:56 am
Level 50 : Grandmaster Pixel Painter
Sardonyx
For the rushers section, it depends on what you are playing. In minecraft rushing I. Skywars, the walls and similar games is perfectly fine . Also Minecraft's EULA prevents pay 2 win so lots of your arguements don't affect minecraft at all.
09/30/2015 6:38 am
Level 52 : Grandmaster Zombie
asixn
On Clash of Clans. I kick any rushers or people who swear from my clan. My clan is a clean clan with active players.

I think in Minecraft, too many rude people. I don't like it
09/30/2015 6:22 am
Level 62 : High Grandmaster Cyborg
Knightsundere
They had to have had very good communities to begin with, for people to have noticed the worse aspects of that community.

Ergo, you're kinda cherrypicking here. Every community, regardless of gaming/sports/recreational things, has some issues in it's systems. Rejoice in that we have such a large community, not in what's leading to its downfall. Nothing ever lasts :P
09/30/2015 4:44 am
Level 49 : Master Creeper Hugger
Cookiesz
I think you played way too much factions/pvp/minigames
09/30/2015 4:06 am
Level 1 : New Crafter
AGearBeast
i think the worst of them all is basic servers. what i mean is people who rent a server just to make money off of. These types of servers usually are filled with plugins that can be found on the front page of bukkit, over priced ranks and horrible staff. and yet somehow these types of servers are popular.

try making a server with custom codded plugins something not tried before. along with a custom made 3d resourcepack with countless hours put into it. After all that hard work you start to advertise your server. What happens? your server gets flooded down from these basic servers. a couple people join and walk around for a few minutes then leave. and thats it. thats all that is going to happen unless you have some sort of fanbase that will go on it and spread the word of the server.

That is why i think these basic servers are the most toxic of them all. because it is so hard to find good servers because of all the junk ones laying right on top.
09/30/2015 4:03 am
Level 53 : Grandmaster Network
NathanLithia
Lack of Community Creativity and Combined Operations
09/30/2015 3:18 am
RenegadeRad
If there is anything else which you think ruin gaming communities, please post your thoughts!
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome