Is this Minecraft's inevitable, ugly end?

Primed_TnT's Avatar Primed_TnT9/16/14 10:11 am
9/16/2014 11:13 am
Da Creepa11's Avatar Da Creepa11
Hey all,
Over the past few weeks, many unfortunate things have happened within Minecraft/Mojang, and its community. To sum up quickly the past few weeks, I will list them in dot point form.

- Minecraft 1.8 released
- Wolfbane gets a legal DMCA takedown on Bukkit and Spigot
- No plugin-enabled Minecraft server is released for 1.8. Plugin community falls apart
- Microsoft aquires Minecraft/Mojang for 2.5B$
- Notch leaves Minecraft and Mojang forever.
- Many players are unhappy and are leaving.

Ok, so this is basically like the end of the world, but the Minecraft world. We have no more servers with plugins. So no more Minigame servers, factions, towny, etc.. Only plain vanilla. No grief protection or anything.
Then we have the fact that so many players are leaving the game due to being too unhappy. I am personally leaving from this day forward. I have played almost everyday since January 2011 when I first bought my account. But now in light of recent events I guess theres a time when I just have to say goodbye and move on. However sad it may be.
Anyway, I guess something like this was bound to happen, sooner or later. Its been a good 5 years Minecraft. Time to say goodbye and move on.
What do all you people think? Is this really the end of Minecraft, or at least as we know it. Will Microsoft end up ruining it and all the players leave, or will they change it so much its hardly recognisable. Do you think it was better a month ago before 1.8 was released, and none of this had happened?
Thanks for reading.

PS: Please avoid posting negative comments! These include comments which only put down my opinions, with no valid reason why. Comments which do the same to others, or comments which are downright stupid.
Thankyou again!

- TnT

ALSO WHY IS MY CURSOR ON THE SIDES OF THE SCREEN SOME RANDOM GREEN ARABIC LETTER??
Primed_TnT
Level 1 : New Miner

Create an account or sign in to comment.

09/16/2014 11:13 am
Level 9 : Apprentice Creeper
Da Creepa11
Well these EULA rules ETC may be removed by the new Minecraft Owners, and if we look on the bright side, with a bit of luck, it may be better than with Mojang
09/16/2014 11:12 am
Level 17 : Journeyman Scribe
Gartonia
Guys, Microsoft isn't going to spend 2.5 billion dollars and then waste it by ruining what they bought. Notice that they bought Mojang, not just Minecraft. This means that it's very probable the same team will be working on Minecraft, just with better funding and advertising. Microsoft is going to tread very carefully. Even for them, 2.5 billion dollars is a lot. They're not going to want to have it wasted. Besides, as someone already mentioned, we still have Single Player AND, in addition to what he said, we also still have server codes from before the DMCA takedown. We can still run 1.7.9 bukkit servers if we can find someone who has the files (I still have 1.7.2 somewhere on this machine) and the same goes for plugin files. If worst comes to worst, the worst that will happen is that we're stuck as we were a month ago.
09/16/2014 11:04 am
Level 38 : Artisan Modder
Calm_Hawk
NO ORESPAWN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
09/16/2014 10:38 am
Level 1 : New Miner
Primed_TnT
True, but for him to completely abandon the company altogether now though.
09/16/2014 10:47 am
Level 31 : Artisan Dragonborn
funny bunny
It only makes sense to leave your company after you, the major shareholder, has sold all your sales.

EDIT

I personally believe minecraft is still popular, because it is extremely unique, and no other game can recreate its amazing community, and amazing creations.
09/16/2014 10:33 am
Level 43 : Master Pokemon
Jacob Rigoberto
Notch left Minecraft forever in 2011.... But now he decided to leave Mojang too.
09/16/2014 10:31 am
Level 5 : Apprentice Dragon
Altofino
Well, I don't really care about these changes, I mean, Microsoft knows what they are doing it's just the community that is bad as hell, no offence but seriously you see dem people overreacting about this and seriously, there might be bad times and that happens to load of games, if something happends to minecraft sooner or later changes will come, Microsoft bought mojang for 2.5 Billion i'm sure they want to make profit. I think they are porting in to windows phone or so, not sure, Plugins will be back, they will. This ain't the end.
09/16/2014 10:28 am
Level 17 : Journeyman Network
bobbiecraftstoday123
Bukkit is still being worked on.
09/16/2014 10:27 am
Level 13 : Journeyman Pony
Radial94
Yep. I think it is. This is either going to be the biggest blunder of the game industry or, just nothing. Either way once Microsoft starts messing with stuff, I will not stay once Microsoft starts changing things and messing with the community's stuff.
09/16/2014 10:24 am
Level 7 : Apprentice Dragonborn
DeprecatedLuke
^~^ look what happend to holo
09/16/2014 10:20 am
Level 37 : Artisan Explorer
TastyYoghurt
No. I only care about single player, really, and it will always be there for me whenever I need it. Even if Microsoft turns the game into something unrecognizable and bad, I'll always be able to simply pirate the old version I like. "If" that is. Actually, I am hopeful that the Microsoft guys will make the game better than it ever was or could become in the hands of a small group of developers.
Bye, I guess.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome