[ Rust ] [ IC Thread ]

NorthernGamR's Avatar NorthernGamR7/14/13 3:47 pm
1 emeralds 1.2k 79
8/1/2013 3:42 pm
NorthernGamR's Avatar NorthernGamR
The Story
Click to reveal
Long ago, The floating city made of bronze named Aurarin was on the brink of destruction. A scientist by the name of Daniel Garret attempted to improve bronze and make its uses even larger. But all did not go as planned. Instead of making bronze stronger, He a parasite that fed on bronze. This parasite spread fast and began eating through Aurarin. A desperate people began exploring for a new land to live in. And they did! A small group of explorers discovered a small continent to the south of Aurarin. However the Leaders of Aurarin were more than reluctant to let the people that filled their pockets with tax gold leave. They shut down all harbors and ships. Any and All attempts to leave Aurarin were to be met with swift and deadly punishment. However, One small airship named " The Compass " successfully escaped from Aurarin and took with it a small group of people. It set its course to the south and began its long journey to the new land. The land without Rust.

Apply Here: http://www.planetminecraft.com/forums/post2206910.html#p2206910

3...2...1..... 1 and a half... 1 and one quarter... Go!

The Compass was about two hours out from Aurarin. Captain Minth inhaled deeply as he walked to the front of the upper deck. He looked down at the crowd of assembled passengers. " Attention! I am Captain Minth. Welcome aboard the Compass. We all know where we are going, A new land, A land without the vile rust! " He said. Pausing to let his welcome sink in before he continued.

(( I will mainly be RPing the captain of the ship so I can sorta control things. I will create random characters sometimes to advance plot and that stuff also. ))
NorthernGamR
Level 21 : Expert Scribe

Create an account or sign in to comment.

08/01/2013 3:42 pm
NorthernGamR
(( * Sigh * Bump.... Come on everyone, You all seemed excited for me to make this rp and it hasn't even hit 10 pages :[ ))
07/29/2013 4:49 pm
Level 27 : Expert Network
Korigon
(( Bump. Don't die before I have even said anything! D: ))
07/29/2013 6:37 pm
NorthernGamR
(( Someone actually cares if this dies? Yay! Oh btw I am still fine if you want to make a simple temp character that you can use until The Compass hits land. ))
07/27/2013 8:12 pm
NorthernGamR
(( Please dont die D: ))
07/25/2013 5:00 pm
NorthernGamR
Minth sighed and turned to look Damon in the eye. " I don't want to imprison anyone if I don't have to. I would like to keep these sort of things quiet for as long as possible so people don't start panicking and think that I am not fit to run this ship. Which to be truthful I may not be, But I am no doubt better than any backstabber that would try to take the ship over. " He paused to let his first answer sink in and decide what words to use next. " If you think you can buy us some time from what looks like a mutiny, I won't stop you. I don't like getting tangled up with shady people like you, But I suppose I would rather have you who seems to understand that a mutiny is a bad idea. Than have a band of brutes take over the ship. "
07/25/2013 12:03 pm
Level 35 : Artisan Turtle
Deth_Glitch
If this becomes a mutiny I need to pick sides he thought "Well then, How bigs the hold? Surely your crew could lock up the trouble makers? Keep 'em all nice and out of the way?" he said as he pulled out his gun, sat in a chair and checked the bullets before looking at the captain "I know how to get around, get to know people" he said "I grew up in the Rusted zones, surrounded by crime and chaos". He pushed all the ammo back into the gun making a loud click "I know how to deal with trouble makers, and how to make friends"
07/23/2013 9:58 pm
NorthernGamR
Minth stopped immediately in front of Damon. " No Farrow, You didn't miss much. A group of brutes beat up one of the passengers to near death, And this ship is filled with psycopaths. " Minth said grimly as he walked his way around Damon and continued speaking. " And as for your first question, The maps are vague at best. To be honest I am unsure. "
07/23/2013 5:59 pm
Deth_Glitch
Damon knocked on the door of the captains quarters as he checked the time on his wrist watch and then checked it was working as badly as normal he opened the door smiling "Hello Cap'n" he said "I was just wondering how long until we reached shore" and then looking at the captain who was already up and headed to the door he asked "I was just taking a nap... did I miss anything?"
07/22/2013 9:32 pm
NorthernGamR
Minth sat quietly in his chair as he looked over his many maps. contemplating what he should do about all the reckless violence that had been unleashed upon The Compass. My crew is out numbered by the passengers by who knows how much. There isnt much hope of us surviving if a mutiny gets started. He slowly rose from his chair and walked to the exit of his room. " I should call a meeting with my crew and see if we can scrounge up any plans. "
07/21/2013 2:55 pm
Deth_Glitch
Damon decided to seek out the captain to find out the ETA since he wanted to get off of this cramped boat. As he walked he holstered his gun and stretched his arms as he walked down below deck and toward the rear of the ship, hoping he had remembered correctly hat the captain had told him as he ducked under a pole and hopped over a barrel that had fallen over on his route to the captains quarters, hoping he was in.
07/21/2013 10:03 am
Level 38 : Artisan Artist
BlueLandmineTurtle
((Sorry about that, Didn't think about how that would be hard for you to write on with.))
Dio followed Alexander out and waved goodbye to him as they reached the deck once again. She walked around the ship for a while then set down on the railing, watching the others on the lower deck. She slipped off the railing a bit then grabbed on with her hands, pulling herself back up.
07/21/2013 9:23 am
Level 2 : Apprentice Explorer
ClayDoc
((It's just that I don't have very much to write about the subject ))
Alexander picked up the bucket and towards were he thought the sound came from. "Huh, I wonder what that was..." He said and walked closer to where the sound came from. "Probably nothing... Let's go then I suppose." Alexander started walking towards the exit with swiftness. He was eager to get back to work so he could prove to himself that he wasn't a strain on resources.
((Also even though it was just a small thing this time and I couldn't do much else really. Try not to control other's characters in your posts ))
07/21/2013 7:36 am
BlueLandmineTurtle
((Not really, just waiting for him to grab the bucket and they can leave))
07/21/2013 7:34 am
ClayDoc
((Is Dio waiting for Alexander to react?))
07/20/2013 8:35 am
Deth_Glitch
Damon got up from his nap and went over to the edge of the ship to look below deck so he jumped the railing and grabbed the rigging that went from side to side and end to end of the ship so that the crew could make sure everything was fixed and that nothing was leaking, like fuel. He went to the bottom to see if he could catch sight of land but seeing nothing but clouds he headed back up, managing to shoot a bird but missing with the net so it fell to the sky below.
07/19/2013 9:07 pm
BlueLandmineTurtle
"Alright then!" She said as she walked down into the cargo, making sure Alexander was following. She lit a match and continued on to the wine cellar. She pointed to the bucket of water in the corner of the room then she heard rattling near a crate of wine bottles. She put her hand over the hidden gun casually as Alexander walked over to the bucket. She stared at that spot and Alexander as he picked up the bucket. She saw a wine bottle fall over and shatter onto the floor near the spot she heard the rattling and tightened her grip on the gun.
07/19/2013 9:02 pm
ClayDoc
"Well if you insist that it won't be a problem for you... Sure." Alexander said. "It's probably quicker too if you show me." He put the bucket and the mop down and yawned loudly. "Well I'm getting tired, we should go quickly so I can get some work done before the lazy part of me kicks in." He laughed a little at his own joke even though he himself didn't find it overly funny. "Well shall we go then my lady?" In an overdone 'gentleman's accent' clearly relaying it as a cheap joke. A clear sign of him getting very tired and unfocused.
07/19/2013 6:39 pm
BlueLandmineTurtle
"Yes, I have walking problems." she said. "That is a way to get down there.. It should be near the barrels and crates of wine." She remembered the man that pushed her into the shattered glass, causing the face wound. If anything she would at least follow him even if he got it himself to make sure she was there to help if someone tried killing the man. After all he didn't carry any weapons that Dio saw at least. "I can show you, I can walk so long as I have something to hold me up." she said, pointing to her cane. "It's fine if you want to go alone, I can just tell you around where in that mess of wine the water bucket is." she said.
07/19/2013 10:41 am
NorthernGamR
" Well Rilr, Right now I a trying to decide who I should take to believing right now. You, Or that Shire fellow. The way I see it, You seem like a farely shady person.. No offence. But I get the feeling that when it matters you take things seriously. Now Shire on the other hand.. I have been the captain of this ship for a long time. And you dont survive that time if you dont know how to sniff out someone you do best not to trust. " Minth paused, Letting his words soke in before continuing. " I would like you to keep a close eye on Shire and his men. Maybe it is just me being paranoid, But people are so high strung right now that it wouldnt take much to start a mutiny. And I get the feeling that if I am right about this Shire. He would be happy to start it "
07/20/2013 5:24 pm
Level 29 : Expert Network
Oni__
"Well mr captain," Rilr said, his personality shift had occurred, your correct I'm a shady character, a con artist. Being serious may be an issue, you may be thinking it and I assure you I am insane, but I can think logically. If you want a close eye kept on them I will do it, if you don't mind me attacking them if necessary of course," he out his hat back in and stood, "Now if that is all then I shall be leaving," Rilr began to walk towards the door.
07/19/2013 7:52 am
Level 16 : Journeyman Miner
anonpmc195880
[deleted]
07/19/2013 7:46 am
Deth_Glitch
((Right... damned life can be damned, what did I miss))
07/19/2013 6:32 am
ClayDoc
Alexander didn't even think for a second that it was something weird with Dio having gone to the cargo and instead just looked at her cane. "Don't you have problems walking?" He said and looked her in the eyes. Now with a more serious look on his face. "If you do, you shouldn't bother getting it for me. I would be fine with just some directions." He looked away towards were he were before. "You can get down there over there, right?" He said and looked back at her. "I wouldn't want to be a cause of bother for you." He said this time smiling.
07/19/2013 4:17 am
Oni__
"Ah! Fiore good sir, Rilr "Dodger" Fiore! But please you have no need to be formal with me Mr captain sir! You can just call me Rilr of course!" he said, putting. His hat back on, his eyes showed less madness than usual, more of a mischievous look, however other than his facial expressions there were very few signs to show he was mad in any way, he dressed in a suit with a neck tie and of course he had his high-hat.
07/18/2013 7:51 pm
anonpmc195880
[deleted]
07/18/2013 7:46 pm
NorthernGamR
Minth didnt bother to stand up from his chair when the man entered. When he smiled at Minth he thought Maybe that Shire guy wasnt to far from the mark.. " Yes Mr... " He said. Not knowing the mans name, He waited for him to reply as Minth took another puff from his smoke and then snuffed it out in his ash tray.
07/18/2013 6:47 pm
anonpmc195880
[deleted]
07/18/2013 6:39 pm
NorthernGamR
(( Whatver you need to tell yourself Oni :p ))

Minth was thinking about what Shire had said as he walked to the door of his quarters.I've seen the color of madness, and he's got it. He had told him. Minth pondered what to do about this dispute as he opened his door and positioned himself on his comfortable chair that sat behind his desk. He looked at one of the many maps he had hung in his room and thought At this rate we will be lucky we can make it a day out before someone ends up with a knife in there chest or bullet in there skull. He waited in his chair, inhaling a puff of smoke from his cigar every so often as he waited for the man with the interesting hat to knock on his door.
07/18/2013 7:31 pm
Oni__
((It is fabulous though...))

Rilr approached the captains door and knocked, upon knocking he entered, trivial thing mattered not when he was told to see the captain, upon entering Rilr took off his hat an bowed, "Greeting Mr captain sir! You wanted to see me did you not?" he exclaimed his grin spreading from one end of his face to the other and his head cocked to the side.
07/18/2013 6:34 pm
BlueLandmineTurtle
Dio looked up from the floor. "Yeah." she said as she recalled seeing some water in a bucket under the deck in cargo. "Under the ship. In the cargo I saw a bucket of water before I came up. I'm pretty sure it's still there." she said. "Ugh you idiot! He's going to wonder why you were in the cargo now. Good luck lying your way out of this one." she thought after she said that. "I can get it for you if you want." she added quickly.
07/18/2013 6:10 pm
Oni__
((Stop with the *Shire follows YOU* it's confusing me D:))

Rilr, following the captains demand began to walk the man slung over his shoulder to the doctor, in his box step fashion, one two turn, one two turn stride and repeat. As soon as he got to the doctors he deposited him on the chair and relayed what the captain told him, after this he began to waltz his way to the captains quarters, his hat in hand and a spring in his step.

((Now first things first, the rich mans hat is FABULOUS don't you go and be hating on it))
07/18/2013 4:42 pm
NorthernGamR
" What!?! " Minth yelled. Not even bothering to hold in his anger. He quickly turned towards the man that identified himself as Shire. " Listen here Shire, I dont need any troublemakers on this ship. I already have more than enough things to worry about. If I hear so much as a joke about you and your men doing something like this again, You and your group of brutes will be getting a one way ticket to the harsh ocean miles beneath us. " He said. Not even giving the man a chance to respond before turning back to the strange person that had the injured passenger over his shoulder. Then started to talk to him again " Get him to the Doc. Tell him Minth said to take care of him. And once you are done with that come see me in my quarters. " Minth turned once more to Shire and said " You have been warned. " Then walked down to his quarters muttering about how if this sort of stuff kept up it would take ten years off his life.
07/17/2013 10:49 pm
anonpmc195880
[deleted]
07/17/2013 10:23 pm
ClayDoc
"Name's Alexander Elahart or simply Alex if you prefer." Alexander said and checked the bucket for cracks. "Well if you ever feel nauseos or something and the doctor isn't in, you can always ask me. I don't know much but my knowledge should be enough for most normal ailments. Also you don't have to worry about the water. I'm sure I'll find some somewhere." Alexander looked at the water spilled on the floor. "You don't happen to know a place were I can get water unnoticed do you?" He smiled at her once more.
07/17/2013 7:21 pm
NorthernGamR
Minth was still searching for the two ladys who had almost injured Damon. Until he heard a series of gunshots coming from below deck. I swear if Damon just shot somone I will have his head. He thought quite annoyed. Turning back around and running to the entrance to the below deck. He was about to run down the stairs until he saw a man walking up with another man who looked like he had just been beaten to death. " What in blazes is going on!? " He said half yelling.
07/18/2013 4:58 am
Oni__
"Well you see good sir, oh I assume you are the captain yes? Yes I beleive you are, well I was walking down these stairs right here when suddenly I saw three of those gentlemen stowing this body in a barrel! The shame of it all mr captain, the shame! Well I jolly well took it upon myself to show those ruffians a lesson good sir! I could have finished it before their "boss" that lovely man who was just addressing you came down to sort them out, other than this poor man here he seems to be the only harmed one!" Rilr ranted soon after saying, "Isn't it a terrible thing to be happening good sir?" he then had a small yet manic laugh.
07/17/2013 6:36 pm
BlueLandmineTurtle
"I'm fine and No, when I went in no one was there so I just put some gauze over the wound and left. I assume the doctor was out in another room helping someone so I just covered it." She looked at the man, he was tall, to her at least although she was very short for her age. At least 20 or older by the looks of it. "I can help you find some water to replace what I spilled." she said adjusting her goggles on top of her head. "I'm Dio. What's your name?" she said.
07/17/2013 5:51 pm
Oni__
Rilr signed, or at least he would have before his more insane self came out, his eyes turned mischievous once again, and his smile manic, he pulled on his cost with a tail and put his hat in shadowing his eyes, "Oh most certainly sir! I'll see to it straight away shall I?" He then picked the man up and walked off in a boxtep manner, one two turn, one two turn and stride, one two turn, one two turn and stride, he continued like this until he was above deck again.
07/17/2013 5:35 pm
Oni__
((I edited it when I realised my mistake after I posted however time fr it to happen again))

Rilr stared at this new person, "No harm to the innocent? Sir you could be no more wrong, now where's that barrel?" Rilr walked to a group of barrels rummaging through them he spent around five minutes until he found the one, it had a box on top of it making it difficult to move however he eventually tipped it over revealing the man hidden inside, "Does look like no harm to you good sir?"
07/17/2013 5:17 pm
Oni__
((Why are you speaking as if im in first person? With the whole addressing my character as your and such))

"Well, I assume these are your men. Care to explain why they are beating up people whenever they feel like it?" Rilr said walking over to a barrel tipping it over and gesturing to the bloody man lying on the floor soon after, "It would seem as if you have no discipline to make your lackeys stand in order good sir,".

((Okay this is good a serious and insane personality, this I like. I like very much))
07/17/2013 5:01 pm
Oni__
((What's with the *fires at you*))
Rilr rolled to the left, the bullet missed him by a few centimetres, the axe hit the floor. Now to level the playing field, he walked over to Nob as he was reloading and grabbed the barrel of the gun, attempting to yank it away "My my gentlemen, not so tough when someone want to fight back now are you?" Rilr laughed, as he engaged Nob for the gun.
07/17/2013 4:35 pm
Oni__
((And no my plans for split personalities))

Rilr stood there, sighed and took off his hat, "Well then, let's get this over with shall we gentlemen?" Then a sudden change came over him, his eyes and grin turned back to their normal manic appearance, "Ohh, I'm sorry for the mistake gentlemen! I'll be in my wa-" then he was cut off by his personality changing yet again, his facial expressions kept changing as if he was having a mental argument with himself then he settled, his eyes roaring with anger, he rolled up his cuffs and tightened his neck tie. Throwing his jacket off he said "Well then... Gentlemen shall we begin this dispute?"
07/17/2013 4:17 pm
ClayDoc
Alexander just smiled to the girl. "It's fine" he said and took the bucket out of her hands. "I'll have to get some new water though... I don't know if we have enough to spare..." He looked at her. He thought that she was quite beautiful but at the same time very young. Something like the ideal little sister. "Ah and don't worry. If they happen to get angry about the wasted water, I won't tell them about you. After all it was an accident." He looked at the fresh gauze on her face and continued. "Also are you alright? Have you had a doctor look at that?" He pointed at the gauze. "I don't know much about the damage underneath but whatever it is you should pay close attention to it so it hasn't been infected or something."
07/17/2013 3:47 pm
Oni__
Rilr was still moving around in his usual waltzing fashion down, the stairs, one two three four five six, step, one two three four... Then he stopped he'd seen a most... Inconceivable sight, some of the ships crew doing no other than... beating this man up, he started to speak, "Gentlemen! What are you doing to this man, to think unarmed and you would go as far as to attack him for no good reason! This is inconceivable behavior! To think you are the ships crew!" He lifted his hat, his eyes showing, rather than the flickers of insanity that often drove across them now they only showed rage, his manic grin slowly turned into one of harmful intent. he would not let these gentle... no these mere desk-hands get away with this!
07/17/2013 2:43 pm
BlueLandmineTurtle
Dio opened the crate when she thought everyone had left and looked at the broken wine bottle and got down to clean it up. She felt someone kick her as she picked up the shards of glass. She fell forward into the glass shards, cutting her face. "Damnit.." she muttered getting up as she saw the figure walk away, laughing hysterically. She put her hand over where her gun was hidden but decided against it as she would be thrown in the hold for murder. She wiped the blood from her face and looked for some gauze in the medical area above deck. She walked out of the medical area onto the deck and tripped over a bucket of water beside a man mopping. She grabbed her cane and got up. "I'm so sorry!" she said, picking up the bucket.
07/17/2013 1:07 pm
ClayDoc
Alexander stood up and once again started looking for work. He saw the captain emerge from the lower deck and was just about to ask him for help in finding a job on the ship. However he decided against it since the captain looked pre-occupied. Instead Alexander simply walked past him and started looking for one of the crew members. After a while Alexander saw a man cleaning the deck all alone and decided to go over to him. When Alexander told the man that he was looking for work the man simply gave Alexander his mop and a bucket with a bit of water in it and walked away in search of some shade. Alexander looked at the stuff he just recieved for a second before starting to clean the floor.
07/17/2013 10:47 am
NorthernGamR
" I understand the circumstances Farrow. I am just asking you to try and be a bit calmer next time. We dont need a huge battle breaking out on this ship when we arent even a day out from Aurarin. " He said. Taking out a cigar and lighting it. " I was going to go to my quarters. But instead I will talk with the two lasses that you almost killed. " Minth walked away without another word and made his way back to the upper deck to find two ladys.
07/17/2013 10:06 am
Deth_Glitch
Damon was a tad annoyed when he turned around and realized it was the captain. "No one said I was planning on pulling the trigger" he said, hoping the captain hadn't seen the 'needle knife' a weapon used often by the bottom feeders of the city, it couldn't work well at slashing but it was meant for one quick, unexpected, crippling move, like the one he had planned on the chicks ankle. Good thing I didn't he thought and then said "anyway, how else could I keep her still from here? not like a had a weapon"
07/16/2013 8:49 pm
NorthernGamR
(( Lol Deth... The guy that warned you WAS the captain :p He is the guy that I plan to roleplay as most of the time. Though I will sometimes create random characters to advance the plot. ))

" You alright Mr. Farrow? " Minth said. Relaxing the arm that was resting next to his holster and walking closer to the man. " When I asked you to watch the supplies I dont believe I authorized you to shoot people. " He had a some what grim look on his face as he finished his sentence. Three hours out from the docks and already people are attacking eachother. We will be lucky if we make it through the week without a mutiny.
07/16/2013 8:42 pm
Level 7 : Apprentice Explorer
( Not for courtesans looking for normal customers :< )
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome