Tyrenale: After the Fall

Lyonharted's Avatar Lyonharted4/12/14 7:40 pm
1 emeralds 609 8
7/11/2014 12:37 pm
Fatefalls's Avatar Fatefalls
[center][b][u]Tyrenale[/center][/b][/u]

[center][b]Introduction[/center][/b]

Centuries have passed since the Fall of the two great empires. Humanity teeters on the edge of extinction. In the primitive Border Kingdoms, the former and dying fleet of the Imperial Commonwealth crash lands on a small island.

What happens next is your decision.

Will you crown a king, or be crowned yourself? Will you help establish a republic, for the greater good? Will you ally or enemy with the various nations surrounding you, both on your island and beyond? Will you live...or will you die?!

[center][b]What is Tyrenale[/center][/b]

Tyrenale is a Minecraft fantasy roleplaying server. Our goal is to create a thought-provocative, hand-crafted world that our players can enjoy to the max. In doing so, we wish to do the best that we, as staff, can do. Note that, unlike other servers, the only difference between you and I, the owner, is that I help you do things that can't be done in Minecraft and require staff support--like lock picking someone's door or chest. My staff and I will [i]not[/i] abuse our powers to become kings, to get high levels or anything!

New to roleplay? Lemme explain what mainstream roleplay is. First, you need to understand two VITAL things: IC and OOC. IC, or In Character, is when you're acting. You're living out the life of your character--getting wood, building, speaking to other people's characters, whatever! OOC is Out of Character. This is when you are no longer acting. You're on the forums, for example, typing up a response to a survey, or, on the server, you're in the OOC chat, saying hey to a friend who just logged on. If you don't understand this, ask below!

Now, beyond that, the most important thing about roleplay is the CREATION of a character. You are making someone up, in essence! A name, their appearance and, MOST importantly, their life--or, in roleplaying terms, their "backstory". Your character was born, son of this girl and that guy, you grew up in this town, you did these things... and voila! Here you are, now, in the present, which is where the roleplay itself takes place.

Now, there are two things that are vital to the conduction of a fair and mature roleplay experience. Metagaming and powergaming. To metagame or, as most call it, to meta, is to use information your character wouldn't know. For example, let's say that your character lives in a town called Treetown. You have a real-life friend who lives two towns down, in... Rocktown, sure, why not? He is being attacked by bandits. On Skype, he goes, "OMG BOBBY IM BEIN ATACKED HELP"!!!!11" and you go, "OHGOD WAT R UR COORDINATES". Then, using the coordinates he gives, you go to him. THAT is meta, and against the rules. Powergaming is forcing roleplay on someone. For example, saying, "Bobby cuts off Robbie's head in one slice because he is so amazing!" A better way to word it would be, "Bobby swiftly swings his sword in the direction of Robbie's neck in an attempt to behead him!"

[center][b]Recent History[/center][/b]

It is the year 479 P.L., Post Lapsum--translated from the ancient and mysterious Language of the Dead to After the Fall. In Tyrenale, our world, humanity teeters on the edge of extinction! In the east, the former Imperial Comonwealth lay in ruins--the land itself is scorched, every last piece of flora and fauna turned to nothing more than ash; the super cities of the great isles of Omori, Vincenzia and Glatendike crumbled in a matter of days to some unseen foe, the former residents burned alive... In the east, the Godking's empire too has died. The Greater Avarii Caliphate has been burned, destroyed, it has [i]crumbled[/i]!

It has been centuries since this great, horrible disaster. In the past, when the two great empires--the Avarii Caliphate and the Imperial Commonwealth--ruled, their borders were constantly shifting. Minor kings and other nobles shifted from side to side, swearing allegiance and renouncing it here and there. These two giant lands fought for supremacy, but neither could ever gain it.

Now, after the Fall, without these two bastions of civility, these bastions of the studies of nature, of technology and all... humanity may indeed die.

Its' only hope--[i]YOUR[/i] only hope--are the Border Kingdoms. They, for reasons unknown, are the only untouched region in all of Tyrenale. Will humanity die? Will it go down without a fight?!

[center][b]Setting[/center][/b]

Both of the old empires had great fleets. These fleets were manned by their Borders--residents of the Border Kingdoms--who swore fealty to them. Even centuries after the Fall, these fleets remain deadly loyal, calling the so-called Fall a lie and searching, [i]searching[/i] for their fatherlands. Generations and generations have passed, and most of those who quite literally grew up within these dying fleets question why they continue still.

Since they are in constant need of crew, these fleets stop in various places to recruit. (Check here to see these places: [url=tyrenale.enjin.com/forum/m/20916032/viewforum/4200849]http://tyrenale.enjin.com/forum/m/20916 ... um/4200849[/url] ) Soon, the captains of these ships think, they will be unable to continue on. Landfall must come.

And so it does. First, the Imperial Commonwealth's fleet crashes upon the shores of an apparently empty island, northeast of a Walniri province...

What will happen now? How will these humans, all near death, live? Will they crown a new king, establish a republic, declare that this land is a territory of the Imperial Commonwealth... or will they die?

Only you--you and your people--can decide!

[center][b]Links[/center][/b]

Follow us on twitter! - [url]twitter.com/Tyrenale[/url]
Like us on facebook! - [url]facebook.com/Tyrenale[/url]
Check out our website! - [url]tyrenale.enjin.com/home[/url]

[center][b]Weekly Reports[/center][/b]

05/11/14
[spoiler]Our site, twitter and facebook have been made.
Basic lore has been released.
More extensive lore, some interesting stories/folk tales and all are being made.
The Development Team has been formed. Apply here: [url=tyrenale.enjin.com/forum/m/20916032/viewforum/4200883]http://tyrenale.enjin.com/forum/m/20916 ... um/4200883[/url][/spoiler]
Lyonharted
Level 9 : Apprentice Miner