Unique Skin Ideas

nostalgia_'s Avatar nostalgia_6/29/16 10:15 pm
1 emeralds 476 7
7/6/2016 7:32 pm
nostalgia_'s Avatar nostalgia_
Hello Everyone! So, I really like skinning and all, and I've been wanting to for the past few days when I came upon a large issue. I have no clue what to create. This forum is NOT for requests, it's for ideas, and to hopefully spark my brain so I can come up with something unique!
nostalgia_
Level 34 : Artisan Vampire

Create an account or sign in to comment.

07/02/2016 4:03 pm
Level 3 : Apprentice Miner
Voidaxell
Make life.
07/02/2016 3:21 pm
Level 2 : Apprentice Network
iMyStiKk
Hm. Haven't been skinning for very long but here are some ways I find inspiration:

- Look on PMC at other skins.
- Look at outfits in real life (ie. current fashions)
- Look at your favourite video game/film characters' outfits
- Go outside! Nature can be inspiring
- Watch films, read books.
- Ask people for requests!

Also, if you're stuck for ideas, just start making a skin and let it take you where it wants to go. I tend not to plan too much since I know that I can find other ideas along the way.

Hope that helps!
07/06/2016 7:32 pm
nostalgia_
Good ideas! I do often look online at clothing designs for inspiration. I am thinking about doing requests in the future when I get better at skinning. I read A LOT so I'm sure I could get some good ideas from my many collection of books.

Thanks
07/02/2016 3:02 pm
Level 4 : Apprentice Miner
Zikoz
I'm pretty new here, and what I have found to keep me busy is contests. Official contests, community challenges, anything. It gives you an "idea" for a skin, and so it is up to you to decide what little path you want to take.

But if you're not into that, then here, have an idea: Tribal
Have a nice evening
06/29/2016 11:21 pm
Level 35 : Artisan Prince
Jakotens
You could try something scary. I just uploaded my submission to the Eastern Asia skin contest, and it's a Pontianak. One of those creepy, Indonesian ghost girls you see in horror all the time. The shading was kind of tricky to do, since it's supposed to look scary and unnatural. Horror themes tend to be pretty creative, in my opinion.
06/30/2016 12:00 am
nostalgia_
Good Idea! I love horror films myself, so it would be interesting to see how I make one!
06/29/2016 10:28 pm
Level 27 : Expert Network
Pines
make original content like more kimono girls, we don't have enough

!!!
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome