URGENT - computer messed up badly

EnderMiner77's Avatar EnderMiner775/24/15 12:02 pm
5/24/2015 5:03 pm
anonpmc1665509's Avatar anonpmc1665509
help, my computer is messed up really badly, whenever i try to press a key it acts like a keyboard shortcut even though i'm not holding down shift. its really annoying and it means i cant do anything that involves typing or otherwise key pressing on my laptop now. i really need to be able to use my computer asap.

ps. sorry for the lack of punctuation, im typing this in a hurry on a decade old computer
EnderMiner77
Level 68 : High Grandmaster Programmer

Create an account or sign in to comment.

05/24/2015 4:37 pm
Level 33 : Artisan Engineer
RoboShadow
Fixed! Yay!
05/24/2015 4:04 pm
Level 74 : Legendary uwu
TheOfficialNano
Yes this also happened when i spilt 1l cocoa into my keyboard, Its the keyboard thats screwed up, you will need a new one.
05/24/2015 3:59 pm
Level 3 : Apprentice Crafter
wemja
Hey lorpie I suggest you read the things that were posted before my comment.
I did not look at the profile in time but when you looked at the typed text is was rather confusing.
Now that he gave us more background it is clear why he could not restart his pc.
The reason I said reset and not format is because restart and reset look similar and are thus easier to mix up.
05/24/2015 5:03 pm
Level 14 : Journeyman Miner
anonpmc1665509
[deleted]
05/24/2015 3:47 pm
RoboShadow
minerguy31
Windows, I run a lot of cmd programs though. If you're going to get all over me by telling me that that's Linux only, let me tell you this: (a) you can run programs without the .exe (b) if this was Linux(or Mac), it would be ./job --stop and (c) I'm a programmer. I can write my own programs. So don't bother me over what exactly I'm running.

Go to the ease of access center and enable the on screen keyboard. It's under the control panel.
05/24/2015 3:45 pm
EnderMiner77
RoboShadow
minerguy31
Let's just say.. I was running an important batch job and if I forced restart it wouldn't halt properly.. And since it was terminal-based I had to type "job --stop", which I couldn't do, ahem...

Follow this
"Open Ease of Access Center by clicking the Start button Picture of the Start button, clicking Control Panel, clicking Ease of Access, and then clicking Ease of Access Center."
Then turn on the on-screen keyboard which lets you use the mouse as a keyboard.
Wait, what OS are you running?

Windows, I run a lot of cmd programs though. If you're going to get all over me by telling me that that's Linux only, let me tell you this: (a) you can run programs without the .exe (b) if this was Linux(or Mac), it would be ./job --stop and (c) I'm a programmer. I can write my own programs. So don't bother me over what exactly I'm running.
05/24/2015 3:40 pm
RoboShadow
minerguy31
Let's just say.. I was running an important batch job and if I forced restart it wouldn't halt properly.. And since it was terminal-based I had to type "job --stop", which I couldn't do, ahem...

Follow this
"Open Ease of Access Center by clicking the Start button Picture of the Start button, clicking Control Panel, clicking Ease of Access, and then clicking Ease of Access Center."
Then turn on the on-screen keyboard which lets you use the mouse as a keyboard.
Wait, what OS are you running?
05/24/2015 3:36 pm
EnderMiner77
RoboShadow
minerguy31
wemjaHe does not understand the difference between restart and reset.

this seems unlikely since he is a "master programmer" but I guess English is not his native language

That's insulting; I do understand the difference between restart and reset; I was saying the "I can't restart" because I Skyped this to a friend by copy-pasting the URL bar; I don't know why he suggested for me to reset my computer. Also, it isn't called "resetting," it's called formatting the disk. I did just get it fixed though; turns out some setting in Ease of Access center got checked

If you know the difference then why can't you answer
WHY CAN'T YOU RESTART?

05/24/2015 3:33 pm
RoboShadow
minerguy31
wemjaHe does not understand the difference between restart and reset.

this seems unlikely since he is a "master programmer" but I guess English is not his native language

That's insulting; I do understand the difference between restart and reset; I was saying the "I can't restart" because I Skyped this to a friend by copy-pasting the URL bar; I don't know why he suggested for me to reset my computer. Also, it isn't called "resetting," it's called formatting the disk. I did just get it fixed though; turns out some setting in Ease of Access center got checked

If you know the difference then why can't you answer
WHY CAN'T YOU RESTART?
05/24/2015 3:30 pm
Level 1 : New Crafter
The_Kitteh_Camper
Hmmm, maybe try getting a new keyboard that you can plug in? I'm not sure if this'll help you, but it helped me when I spilled water all over my keyboard and it got screwed up.
05/24/2015 3:20 pm
wemja
He does not understand the difference between restart and reset.

05/24/2015 3:31 pm
EnderMiner77
That's insulting, I do understand the difference between restart and reset; I was saying the "I can't restart" because I Skyped this to a friend by copy-pasting the URL bar; I don't know why he suggested for me to reset my computer. Also, it isn't called "resetting," it's called formatting the disk. I did just get it fixed though; turns out some setting in Ease of Access center got checked.

As for native languages, my native language is Chinese, but I speak English just as fluently.
05/24/2015 3:54 pm
Level 14 : Journeyman Miner
anonpmc1665509
[deleted]
05/24/2015 3:47 pm
wemja
I am sorry this was not meant as an insult,
I wrote the first line and posted it and only later realized that you had "master programmer" as a title. I edited the post quite poorly when I noticed that.

I am happy that your pc is fixed now.
05/24/2015 3:15 pm
RoboShadow
Why can't you restart it?
05/24/2015 12:20 pm
Level 17 : Journeyman Miner
anonpmc1231920
[deleted]
05/24/2015 3:07 pm
EnderMiner77
i have like 300gb of "important" files on my computer; plus, im more of a keyboard than a mouse guy, cant do anything without my keyboard
05/24/2015 12:07 pm
EnderMiner77
cant restart, various reasons
05/24/2015 12:06 pm
Level 19 : Journeyman Network
forgot about you
Try turning sticky keys off, and see if that does anything.
Try seeing if either of the shift buttons are stuck, as that could be a problem too.

If either of those dont work, please say
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome