What are you going to be doing after graduation?

CascadianX's Avatar CascadianX4/13/15 7:49 pm
4/18/2015 7:44 am
Irish's Avatar Irish
Greetings,
I haven't been on the forums for awhile and I thought it would be nice to spark a little conversation like I always do. Anyways, the question is "What are you going to be doing after graduation?". I'll reply back to my own question below.

I am an A-B Student in Portland, Oregon. I've done a lot of web development & programming. Most people expect going to college is my next step after High School. . I honestly don't feel like college is right for me. With some of my friends, we are going to be exploring the United States in an good ol' 1967-68 Camaro (or 2014), and at the end of our trip, we will be moving in to our new home on the coast of North Canada, Southern Alaska. We've been preparing for close to 3 months now, purchased a few things to create electrical circuits, purchased solar generator and etc. We are a band of smart people looking to escape a society we don't wanna be apart of.

Reply below for what you are going to do, going to college, going to a full-time job or doing something like my idea?
CascadianX
Level 44 : Master Architect

Create an account or sign in to comment.

04/18/2015 7:44 am
Level 71 : Legendary Nerd
Irish
Idk, Im currently about a third of the way through my GCSES, then I will most likely do some sort of A-Level or course on Animation, Modeling, Game Design, etc.

After college (Which I haven't thought of yet, yey) I will most likely spend a year traveling with my friends.
04/18/2015 6:15 am
Level 43 : Master Skinner
Phetagorah
I don't think I'll be graduating for the next 5 years. I still have a long way to go

I'd probably take a course on Computer Science and maybe learn a bit of Java but your plan seems very fun though. I'd like to try that someday. Well, someday.
04/18/2015 5:54 am
Level 22 : Expert Modder
Lacuna Corporation
I'm going to Oxford to become an airline pilot, although I'll be travelling to Arizona (Phoenix, I believe) to complete some of the training. In the meantime, I'll be continuing to build my indie game studio and hopefully turn it into something big. We're planning on having our first title on Steam within the next 6-7 months, so we'll see how it goes form there. But either way I'll most likely still go on to train, and hopefully become a captain for British Airways.
04/18/2015 6:05 am
Level 18 : Journeyman Cowboy
Jex_Infinite
Not trying to crush your dreams, but you don't go to Oxford to become an airplane pilot. You go to Oxford to do the really high up stuff, like law, science, and other high standard forms of knowledge.
04/18/2015 6:47 am
Level 22 : Expert Modder
Lacuna Corporation
Yes, and they have their own CAE airfield attached to the university specifically for training airline pilots. And the degree is a bachelor of science with honours.
04/18/2015 5:28 am
Level 18 : Journeyman Cowboy
Jex_Infinite
I would LOVE to do law. It's my kind of thing.

But if that fails, I could always take up writing, or become a professor/lecturer so I get to talk for hours about things I enjoy.

Or, y'know, be a NEET.
04/18/2015 3:07 am
Level 12 : Journeyman Collective
Coastercamm
I can't wait to leave school! I am caring on with what I already do as a Saturday Job! Which is a Lighting Engineer at a theater near me
04/17/2015 11:40 pm
Level 42 : Master Nether Knight
10Andrew
Well first I am going to set up my Evil Super Villain Lair and then I will proceed to begin my plot for WORLD DOMINATION!!! I... mean university then teacher... I want to be a teacher.

Just pretend I never said the first part.
04/17/2015 9:10 pm
Level 2 : Apprentice Explorer
Pie_N
College, pretty much. Unsure of what major I want, but I've been considering something like computer science. Of course, I'm not even in highschool yet xD.
04/17/2015 9:07 pm
CascadianX
Bump, I wanna hear some more responses!
04/14/2015 5:39 pm
Level 42 : Master Architect
TextualJavakid
I'm completing my grade 10 year, want to go to university for Biochemistry and do lab research.
I have been saving money up from b-days and my job to pay for a little word touring, I would probably go before I start Uni.
04/14/2015 4:25 pm
Level 27 : Expert Farmer
Teethdude
I'm going to join the military. I don't have to, and I'm not being pressured by other people to be their.
I just want to be. I'm not too sure what job/trade I'll do yet though...
04/14/2015 4:15 pm
Level 27 : Expert Mage
The Silver Paladin
Airline Pilot!
04/14/2015 1:02 pm
Level 17 : Journeyman Hunter
Neptune_Sage
Unemployed.
04/14/2015 1:08 pm
Level 18 : Journeyman Warrior
serdarminecraft
Really?
04/14/2015 12:09 pm
Level 4 : Apprentice Crafter
Nathat23
Probably going to do Computer Science and do java or C++
04/14/2015 12:03 pm
Level 18 : Journeyman Warrior
serdarminecraft
Im extremely young but i dont think my life would change after graduating. This is my first year in secondary school and im allready doing 3d models for video games in a company.
04/14/2015 11:35 am
CascadianX
I love a lot of the responses, my plan is just simple, I wanna enjoy life, not have to hassle through it and enjoy it when I am old with no energy.
04/13/2015 8:36 pm
Level 57 : Grandmaster Fox
Foxy
Already went on to a university after graduating highschool but planning on med school after graduating from here
04/13/2015 8:35 pm
Level 18 : Journeyman Taco
DerpyFortune
I'm only a Sophomore in High School, but when I am out of High School, I am going to try a 2 year tech school to see if I would want to go further to a 4-year community college for computer programming.
04/13/2015 8:14 pm
Level 17 : Journeyman Miner
OfficiallBlox
Your plan seems very fun.
04/13/2015 8:13 pm
Level 75 : Legendary Gent
Zitzabis
Already graduated and in college. Just going to go through the paces to become a computer science major and then get a job as an IT consultant or troubleshooter. That's about it.
04/13/2015 8:04 pm
Level 1 : New Explorer
SnatarajanX
Well, I'm in NZ so our systems are slightly different. I'm not 100% sure what I'm going to do after school, but I'm aspiring to be a music composer for film and video games. So, I might study orchestration in university. In the meantime, I might try and get my music noticed, with SoundCloud and any other social media. Then I can try and pursue a career after that. But I don't know how exactly I'm going to do it, I'm still thinking about that one.

Still, three more years of high school left for me.
04/13/2015 7:56 pm
Level 29 : Expert Princess
ItsMorgan
Ah, graduation. I'm graduating from school next year and I still don't what the friggin heck I'm gonna do. For shizzle. My pa says he doesn't want to live with me anymore (Ah, how lovely of him) so I guess I'll either be working (McDonalds, Street Artist) or studying. But I still don't know what I want to study, so I guess I'm in trouble.

I guess I'll think of something soon. Hopefully.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome