What's the deal with hub servers?!

luigi_vampa's Avatar luigi_vampa8/1/14 11:53 am
8/1/2014 3:14 pm
Kantorh's Avatar Kantorh
I guess the title sums it up, I'm just a bit clueless as to why you'd want a hub?
If you can't make 1 good server plugging it into 5 others isn't going to help. Why, when developing a player base (or at least a good one) is hard would you open the door to let the few you have got slip away easily? Could someone explain why they like hub servers? Or why not even?
luigi_vampa
Level 52 : Grandmaster Dragonborn

Create an account or sign in to comment.

08/01/2014 3:14 pm
Level 56 : Grandmaster Grump
Kantorh
A HUB server is just a server that connects other servers, worlds, or games. It's more efficient than trying to take care of multiple communities for each of the sections' different play-styles. A HUB doesn't even have to be connected to the same system as the other servers. Think of it more like a big page of redirects than an actual server.
08/01/2014 2:45 pm
Level 61 : High Grandmaster Hero
GarretSidzaka
we did hubs for a while and it screwed alot of stuff up. all in all, unless you have some kind of minigame thing going, hub servers weren't cutting it for me
08/01/2014 2:22 pm
Level 10 : Journeyman Spleefer
Bobokins
I dunno. I'd say if you want a really large server, do HUB. The appeal of hub is that there is everything in 1 place. And also it gets more players because you don't only get people who like factions, but also players who like prison and sky block etc.
08/01/2014 12:20 pm
Level 17 : Journeyman Zombie
planetminecrafter52342
From my point of view, they're the next factions. They'll be so many hub servers that it just annoys everyone soons someone posts another forum topic. Plus, the more hub servers, there are, most of them won't even have many people on.
08/01/2014 12:14 pm
Level 37 : Artisan Pixel Painter
BlackHawk185
I like HUB Servers. They WAY beat factions. Any of the popular HUB's, like Shotbow, Mineplex, and MindCrack, are actually really good, and have excellent minigames.
08/01/2014 12:07 pm
Level 19 : Journeyman Miner
moltenflamezz
Oh and also hub servers prove futile without a proper player base already installed in said server.
08/01/2014 12:06 pm
Level 1 : New Network
CreatePlay
In my opinion, hub servers are kind of like an afk room for people. I do honestly feel there needed especially on popular servers like "itsjerryandharry" and "mineplex".
It allows more space for players to walk around.

I mean, I don't know about the next guy, but I would rather not be stuck in one room filled with a bunch of other people trying to find out where this or that game is.

Mainly a matter of opinion I guess
08/01/2014 12:02 pm
Level 9 : Apprentice Artist
BossJordan_g
I really like hub servers, to be honest. All those games laid out for you to choose between is really cool to me. Not small servers that don't know what they're doing, but servers like Shotbow and MC Central. I especially love hub servers that have original minigames. Hub servers make a diversifying experience for me and I really look for that sometimes in a server.
08/01/2014 12:01 pm
Level 1 : New Miner
Stefan1995Ftw
Hub servers are supposted to be used for servers that have atleast 100 players, why? Because normally servers that have so many players into just one, it starts to lag most of the times, of course there is exeptions, so people make hubs, also because it might glitch up to have like plotme and hunger games and factions and prison togheder.. you can't do that.
08/01/2014 12:00 pm
Level 35 : Artisan Dragon
ShadowDestroyer5
Well, I don't like hub servers cause they lag a ton.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome