What would you like in a server?

philpres2's Avatar philpres211/23/14 5:29 pm
1 emeralds 445 9
11/26/2014 7:45 pm
Crumb's Avatar Crumb
What would you like in a server? I've been wanting to make a server, but don't know what to make. I was thinking of make a new gametype (E.g Factions) or combining two already invented gametypes such as Minigames and RP. I'll find a way to make the server unique neither the choice.
philpres2
Level 17 : Journeyman Warrior

Create an account or sign in to comment.

11/26/2014 7:45 pm
Level 1 : New Crafter
Crumb
Well then just setup bungee and link the main server to that server. If you are going to do mini-games, you should make them buy the game through currency in-game.
11/23/2014 6:58 pm
Crumb
You can simply just join Mineplex or Shotbow Network. In my idea you could have RP and mini-games in the same server.
11/23/2014 7:26 pm
philpres2
No. I mean you could unlock games and do other things. The RP aspect would be a lot more heavy. Also, there would probably also be a large map to explore and do quest.
11/23/2014 6:57 pm
Level 20 : Expert Network
skrack3d
I'd like some adventure/quest-type games. Maybe even some rpgs.
11/23/2014 6:54 pm
philpres2
Crumb
Yes, but players don't want the same old thing. You see many of the same servers today, and players just don't attract to them as much as an unique one would offer.

I see you point, but what I'm saying it would be unique because of all the mash-ups of different things like PvP and Creative mashed up, or Factions with mini-games to play.
If you like creative and another liked survival. Just have both in the server. If they like mini-games and another factions, just have them both on the same server as the creative and the survival one. It's Mineplex re-imagined and also revamped.

I was thinking Minigames and RP.
11/23/2014 6:53 pm
Crumb
Yes, but players don't want the same old thing. You see many of the same servers today, and players just don't attract to them as much as an unique one would offer.

I see you point, but what I'm saying it would be unique because of all the mash-ups of different things like PvP and Creative mashed up, or Factions with mini-games to play.
If you like creative and another liked survival. Just have both in the server. If they like mini-games and another factions, just have them both on the same server as the creative and the survival one. It's Mineplex re-imagined and also revamped.
11/23/2014 6:49 pm
Level 12 : Journeyman Network
Antlo
The thing is about minigames servers, is if I want to play minigames I will just go play one of the huge ones with people on it.

It would be extremely hard to get a Minigames server popular.

As you said, I recommend inventing some type of new gametype for us to enjoy.
11/23/2014 6:45 pm
philpres2
CrumbI would chose Other because why pinpoint the server on one topic when there are endless possibilities to gather people's interests. What I mean is like survival, mini-games, creative/building, and more. If you pinpoint the topic you minus the people with other topics than the usual like PvP or Survival Games. A server's goal is to get the most people on as possible and this would achieve such a goal if you wanted to do this idea. ~Crumble/Crumb

11/23/2014 6:39 pm
Crumb
I would chose Other because:
-Why pinpoint the server on one topic when there are endless possibilities to gather people's interests?
-Some people may just be interested in one thing and another person interested in something different. But if you give them choices, both would join.

What I mean is like survival, mini-games, creative/building, and more. If you pinpoint the topic you minus the people with other topics than the usual like PvP or Survival Games. A server's goal is to get the most people on as possible and this would achieve such a goal if you wanted to do this idea.
One person admires creativity, another admires games. Both shall play if there is a mixture of entertainment!

~Crumble/Crumb
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome