Where Are all The 1.8 Mods At?

NinGamerPC's Avatar NinGamerPC5/13/15 2:04 pm
1 emeralds 432 9
5/23/2015 9:31 pm
NinGamerPC's Avatar NinGamerPC
i have been looking for good minecraft mods for 1.8 like flans and family mods but just cant find anything good, if i do find what im looking for then its most likely not for the version im looking for, the only reason im not looking for 1.7 mods is because forge for 1.7 and lower dont launch for some reason.

i really want more mods than optifine! please help!
NinGamerPC
Level 1 : New Miner

Create an account or sign in to comment.

05/23/2015 9:31 pm
NinGamerPC
Cool! i cant subscribe because i dont have a youtube account but ill try to keep up to date and speed on your uploads.
05/13/2015 2:33 pm
Level 2 : Apprentice Explorer
TheStoneBrick
illdeletethis speaks the truth. I started learning modding on 1.6.4 (1.7 was out but forge 1.7 wasn't) and I decided I would wait for forge 1.8 to come out and release my mod for 1.8. But, 1.8 is such a big change that a few weeks to update has become a few month and I'm not near done yet.
05/13/2015 2:17 pm
Level 24 : Expert Architect
illdeletethis
the change from 1.7 to 1.8 is a major change in mechanics, so modders will think twice if they put in the unusually large offort for updating that goes way beyond maintaining an up to date mod usually requires
also, to quote the developer of mcanimator "1.8 JSON format is not a good way for animating models. This means we'll try to find another way to create models, similar to the previous MC versions"
this means more effort for less usable results
therefore modded 1.7.10 may stay one of the standard versions for years to come, and may develop separately from vanilla minecraft
05/15/2015 11:45 am
NinGamerPC
sorry, but honestly most of what you just said made no sense to me. could you please Try to explain it in words a 11 year old like me could understand?
05/15/2015 12:03 pm
TheStoneBrick
Basically, Minecraft 1.8 is coded much differently than previous versions. Therefore, mod makers need to essentially rewrite their mods.
05/20/2015 1:21 pm
NinGamerPC
oh, and so when they have to rewrite them from scratch it takes a lot longer to develop causing the mod to not come out very fast? if so, that explains a lot and also makes lots more sense
05/20/2015 2:37 pm
TheStoneBrick
Yes, that is exactly it. When previous versions came out most mods had to be modified, but it takes more then modification with 1.8.
05/21/2015 11:34 am
NinGamerPC
ah, so with modification it takes only a little while, yet with rewriting it could take another couple of months. if not more. and with all the features that were for the previous mod for said game Version, and because 1.8 modified alot of the previous versions code, it would still take alot longer to rewrite because you have to consider all the new physics introduced in the new version of minecraft. as well as if your planning to make a mod with 3D models you might have to look for a better way to create and animate them causing said mods release to be postponed even longer. i think im really getting into all this modding physics and mechanics! Teach me more, Teacher Of Modding!
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome