Why Does my minecraft crashes everytime when it rains?

MrHunte96's Avatar MrHunte961/11/14 3:06 am
1 emeralds 2.7k 12
1/11/2014 5:11 am
Schwerpunkt_'s Avatar Schwerpunkt_
it have been recently for me that my minecraft crashes everytime when in game rainings.. both in single player and server both are the same. its annoying to see my minecraft crashes when it rains

can anyone help?
MrHunte96
Level 9 : Apprentice Hunter

Create an account or sign in to comment.

01/11/2014 5:11 am
Level 37 : Artisan Architect
Schwerpunkt_
alex1115alex
Typically a high priced computer has to have the specs to back it up, or it would sell so low, the manufacturer would have to discontinue it, or drop the price.

I AM the manufacturer. I built the computer myself by countless hours of looking on new egg.
01/11/2014 5:09 am
Schwerpunkt_
Shurtugal01Also, you can not get a fan designed for fluid cooling, you can water cool your PC, or even only the GPU, but that uses a waterblock on the GPU, which then runs to the radiator with the fans.!

Idiot. It has 2 different types of cooling. 1 is fluid, not water, but some sort of fluid, and the other is a fan that the blades are abit weird. Idk if he has tri core, he said it awhile back and he may have been wrong, but I distincly remember, and still have the skype message saying he has a tri core processor. Yes it is not a gaming harddrive by name, but it is high speed. Also these parts were found by countless hours of looking on new egg.
01/11/2014 3:49 am
Level 9 : Apprentice Hunter
MrHunte96
LOL! stop with my computer suck

My brother have the same exact com but it doesnt crash for him!
so if u say my comp suck?, u might be dam wrong dudes!

Fantasymaster
jonnyetiz270
jonnyetiz270Because ur computer sucks

JK just reinstall, If that doesnt work contact mojang.

your first comment might have been spot on, though a little harsh.
The reason why rain crashes your MC is probably because your computer cannot handle the graphics. I suggest you go to video settings and set the render distance to no more thn 8 chunks, and turn smooth lighting off, as well as setting particles to minimum. That should help against crashing by rain.

If it doesnt work, try allocating more memory to minecraft.

Btw thanks i would try to reinstall my minecraft to see whether it works
01/11/2014 3:33 am
Schwerpunkt_
Either there is a corrupt file in your .minecraft or your computer sucks. If you have no idea about computers and your not a computer gamer most likely your computer sucks. Alot of people complain about minecraft crashing and lagging when they go buy an overpriced sucky computer that is overpriced and sucks. My computer has: 8gigs of ram, 2gigs of Vram, 3.80GHz quad core processor, and a 1TB gaming harddrive, and the graphics card has some really good cooling, with a fan that was specially designed to push out heat & fluid cooling, and that cost $800 building it myself. My friend spent 1200$ on: 8gigs of ram, 3.20 GHz tri core processor, 1gig of Vram, Non gaming harddrive with 720GB. Now look at the difference? he spent more for less... Ik people who spent 500$ on computers that suck and lag on minecraft because they had no idea how to look for a computer and bought the first one they saw at best buy.
01/11/2014 4:14 am
Level 1 : New Miner
alex1115alex
Okay... this is unhelpful, sorry.
Minecraft is CPU intensive, your video card wont have a large affect on the game.
Nothing makes your hard drive a 'gaming' hard drive. It stores data, and it's probably 5400 or 7200 rpm (typically a gamer goes with an SSD to boot, and a TB of a data HDD - little tip).
Learn not to repeat yourself, please. Consider paying attention in English.
Just because you don't know about computers, doesn't mean that your computer sucks.
Typically a high priced computer has to have the specs to back it up, or it would sell so low, the manufacturer would have to discontinue it, or drop the price.
Yes, you can spend more for less, it's how the world works for people who dunno what they are doing. However, this does not give you the right to be arrogant.

Sorry... things like that really tip me off. Well for your answer:
Any problem I've had has been fixed by getting rid of my .Minecraft, and reinstalling the game. It could be a GPU issue, so update your drivers.
That's all I got =P
01/11/2014 4:18 am
Level 4 : Apprentice Ranger
Shurtugal01
I agree with most of what you're saying, but minecraft is fairly GPU intensive, not a great amount, like Crysis or anything, but you will struggle to run it on HD4000 graphics, which is what a lot of ultrabooks and laptops have. The desktop version is slightly better, and definately playable, but still not without lag
01/11/2014 4:03 am
Level 4 : Apprentice Ranger
Shurtugal01
No recent CPU has 3 cores anyhow, and they didn't commonly a few years ago anyhow. Also, the VRAM makes very little difference until you actually hit the limits, which a cheap graphics card will do well before it is bottlenecked by 1gb ram. Also, there is no such thing as a gaming hard drive. They can have different speeds, eg 5400rpm, 7200rpm or even 10,000rpm, or an SSD, but none are specifically for gaming. Also, you can not get a fan designed for fluid cooling, you can water cool your PC, or even only the GPU, but that uses a waterblock on the GPU, which then runs to the radiator with the fans. However this costs a few hundred dollars, and wouldn't be worth it in an $800 PC.

You are right about saving significant money building your own PC, but that is mainly because most PC's aren't built for intense gaming, and whilst they have a good CPU, good Ram, and even high Vram, their GPU (Graphics Processing Unit) will often lack in performance. Almost every recent $500 PC will be able to play Minecraft fairly well, laptops will struggle a bit more, but won't crash from rain.

The most likely problem will be a corrupt file somewhere. The easiest way to fix this, as said previously is to back up your world saves, etc. And delete .minecraft. Then just launch Minecraft again and it will automatically reinstall everything for you!
01/11/2014 3:13 am
Level 3 : Apprentice Miner
CMDR_Kai
Try to back up you world, resource packs, and servers, then delete the .minecraft and then run the launcher again. You might have a corrupted jar file that will kill your computer.
01/11/2014 3:34 am
Schwerpunkt_
Corrupt jars dont kill your computer... Unless your talking about it spiking CPU/Vram usage and destroying that part.
01/11/2014 3:12 am
Level 16 : Journeyman Archer
jonnyetiz270
Because ur computer sucks
01/11/2014 3:12 am
Level 16 : Journeyman Archer
jonnyetiz270
JK just reinstall, If that doesnt work contact mojang.
01/11/2014 3:20 am
Level 61 : High Grandmaster Terraformer
Ivain
your first comment might have been spot on, though a little harsh.
The reason why rain crashes your MC is probably because your computer cannot handle the graphics. I suggest you go to video settings and set the render distance to no more thn 8 chunks, and turn smooth lighting off, as well as setting particles to minimum. That should help against crashing by rain.

If it doesnt work, try allocating more memory to minecraft.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome