Why do people make big servers?

Neptune_Sage's Avatar Neptune_Sage3/4/15 5:48 am
1 emeralds 185 6
3/4/2015 6:42 am
Neptune_Sage's Avatar Neptune_Sage
So simple questions, why do people build big and huge time eating servers and not just start from zero and build up, what do you think, is it better to start big and spend huge money on server and got no players or slowly build up?
Neptune_Sage
Level 17 : Journeyman Hunter

Create an account or sign in to comment.

03/04/2015 6:42 am
Neptune_Sage
Na I am not starting a big server, I have a small server of my own with around 10 daily players which I am proud of!
03/04/2015 6:30 am
Level 1 : New Network
TristanCode
I have always started small and have had successful servers well in my opinion I was pretty satisfied with 150 to 320 players. Then I had a bunch of friends starting huge servers like hypixel, but they could not get players to stay or even come on.

If you want to start a big server you should consider a big youtube partner with more then 3000 subscribers at least, so he gets his followers up and pumped about joining the server with like a certain suspense. You probably will need to pay but it's worth it.
03/04/2015 6:21 am
Level 16 : Journeyman Button Pusher
Azfaloth
I agree with you Golden_Paw. That is an approach I take myself. Start small and grow as your community does. Saves on money and I think a lot of servers start big and then end up empty and failing. They end up asking for donations desperately towards the end and then the server closes. It is sad. But I suppose for those who manage to pull it off, the growth is extraordinarily fast. So they have that incentive.
03/04/2015 6:16 am
Level 8 : Apprentice Network
Karbru
It's good to a have maybe 3 different types of gamemodes if you are based on that. It gives player a wider range. But I don't think you should jump into minigames that require heaps of players.
03/04/2015 5:51 am
Level 13 : Journeyman Modder
DonyorM
I wouldn't know but I'm guessing people like to jump in head first. They think they have an awesome server and they'll prove it. And maybe they're willing to spend that much money to try and hook a enough people to fill the space.

Either way, starting from scratch takes a while.
03/04/2015 5:53 am
Neptune_Sage
But its worth better than spend alot of money than have no players at all.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome