With new owners, new things. New EULA maybe?

PlunderPixels's Avatar PlunderPixels9/15/14 10:07 pm
9/16/2014 2:45 pm
Jetra's Avatar Jetra
Could Miccrosoft enforce the new* EULA like Mojang hasn't or completely drop it? Could it happen? However Microsoft bought Mojang and by buying Mojang most of the staff may want to come with it and continue with the EULA. Microsoft is a good company and maybe will allow more monetization in MC. This could go both ways.

For all the ragers, haters and people who hate my threads please consider the following: Don't post here... You are just being an A--hole and you know it. This shouldn't raise argument but I'm sure you all know that one guy who makes a fuss! Good day to all!

*Does not literally mean new but new to the mind the EULA has been forever and was never truly changed.
PlunderPixels
Level 59 : Grandmaster Senpai

Create an account or sign in to comment.

09/16/2014 2:45 pm
Level 39 : Artisan Scribe
Jetra
There's already a thread to discuss about the Microsoft-Mojang deal, please keep it herehttp://www.planetminecraft.com/foru ... 37001.html

/lock
09/16/2014 2:28 pm
PlunderPixels
That's true plus c++ mods would be installed as patches most likely and not a removable jar.
09/15/2014 11:51 pm
PlunderPixels
Please don't make a "petition" about it yet. This is only a thought.
09/15/2014 11:48 pm
PlunderPixels
whitedevil5000First off, where did you get that avatar?

Good friend made it.
09/15/2014 11:27 pm
Level 57 : Grandmaster Programmer
sycoinc
microsoft will enforce it and have the power to, imo i see paid DLC at some point, hoping not using 'their self hosted servers' like mmos or maube a subscription base...

only benifit i see is maybe they will make it c++ or make development fixes easier... since they have the ability to hire a team behind it...

BUT YES they will either make a new eula and enforce it or tweak the old one... all equaling we either pay them some of our profits or some crap like that...

they have investors to think of so they do whats best for them b4 our community
09/16/2014 1:46 am
Level 14 : Journeyman Modder
searchndstroy
I wouldn't see Microsoft changing Minecraft over from Java to C++. I have a few reasons:

1. An import wouldn't do much good, since Minecraft's performance isn't being held down by language speed. (Some is, but not a lot)
2. Changing over to C++ would only be effective if Minecraft was re-coded to use multiple threads more effectively. (Which would take a long time..)
3. Mods wouldn't be made for a long time (since people would have to setup modding utils for Minecraft in C++)
09/15/2014 11:47 pm
PlunderPixels
C++ That would be awesome but the mod brreaking would be real. Well Microsoft has been know for money is money but are also know to support community made decisions. Hopefully if it happens we the people can do some mind changing.
09/15/2014 10:58 pm
Level 19 : Journeyman Network
irritatedCat
As much as Microsoft won't completely ruin the game, you can be sure as heck they will enforce it.
09/16/2014 12:30 am
Level 2 : Apprentice Network
AmandaLewis
Also it will be 10k times faster
09/15/2014 10:58 pm
Level 39 : Artisan Modder
GamerBah
Microsoft is a huge company, the largest in the world in my opinion. Of course they are gonna amp up the restrictions (at least I'd assume). I could be wrong, they might be nice. Either way, Minecraft can take some very good turns now.
09/15/2014 10:30 pm
Level 23 : Expert Network
-Kali-
Mojang is too nice. They said they would enforce. They didn't enforce.

Microsoft is sterner.
09/15/2014 10:30 pm
Level 12 : Journeyman Crafter
whitedevil5000
First off, where did you get that avatar?
Secondly, I actually have a fear that Microsoft will amp up restrictions and such. Money is money. Hopefully they wont. (I do support MIcrosft buying Mojang, hopefully Microsoft will do what is best for the game AND community)
09/15/2014 10:28 pm
Level 14 : Journeyman Fisherman
Dominos
Microsoft will probably enforce it way harder than Mojang has.
09/15/2014 11:32 pm
Level 57 : Grandmaster Fox
Foxy
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome