WORSE Minecraft Hosting Ever - GGServers 1/10

MaccaTacca's Avatar MaccaTacca2/18/14 2:07 pm
1 emeralds 28.5k 11
3/22/2014 10:01 pm
xmx1024's Avatar xmx1024
Hello Everyone,

Rating: 1/10.

I’m currently reviewing GGServers from my recent experience with them. They were quite disappointing, and don’t have a clue what they’re doing. I would really suggest you reading through this before purchasing their services. I strongly suggest not going with them, since they aren’t friendly to you when you want to leave them/receive a refund.

I purchased a 4GB ram server with a Dedicated IP Address. I received the server straight away, and that was fine. The Dedicated IP wasn’t auto, and they told me to send through a support ticket to receive it. I sent through the support ticket and ended up waiting 12+ hours for them to reply to the ticket. They said it takes a while to set up, and they’re on top of it. I understood and gave them time. After 5 days of still not receiving the Dedicated IP address, I contacted the owner asking, “What the hell is happening?!” and he answered, “We apologize for the delay, “IP Address” has been assigned to your server.”. I wasn’t happy with how long it took, since I purchased the Dedicated IP for 30 days, not 25 days. They didn’t refund those days, and choose to ignore it.

The File System, FTP, was very buggy whenever I went to use it. It wasn’t the panel that was causing it to happen, since they told me it was their fault. They never fully fixed it, and I continuously had problems with it.

There were many other smaller situations, which ended up causing me to demand for a refund, which they refused to send through. $17USD wasted for crappy hosting services. The customer-service was very poor, and the administrators had no clue with what they were doing. It was a terrible experience that no customer should ever have to go through. They truly don’t know how to run a business, and don’t understand how important customer-service is. Their customer-service was 0/10. Doesn’t even deserve a one.

I’m here to save you from making the mistake that I did. I wouldn’t go with them EVER again. I personally don’t think they have the rights to still be running the business like that.

I would suggest another hosting service that is quite reliable and well known. It’s called “-snip-”. They are cheap, premium servers.

Good luck with what you choose,
MaccaTacca.
MaccaTacca
Level 2 : Apprentice Crafter

Create an account or sign in to comment.

03/22/2014 10:01 pm
Level 18 : Journeyman Network
xmx1024
I have a server with them and I have had NO isses at all.
03/22/2014 9:39 pm
Level 23 : Expert Princess
bartal02
I completely know what you mean. I have Nitrous Networks and to get anything done you need to send a support ticket.And we r using technology of there's seems like they would have chat or Skype. Whatever happened to a good old phone call and getting help instantly. They take my payment instantly...
03/22/2014 9:20 pm
Level 22 : Expert Taco
WeTrack
I use fragnet, it's epic but pretty slow file managing.
03/22/2014 8:58 pm
Level 41 : Master Toast
gltchmstr
I am fairly certain that you meant to have the superlative form of "bad" in the title, not the comparative form. The title should be "WORST Minecraft Hosting Ever", not "WORSE Minecraft Hosting Ever".
03/22/2014 8:51 pm
Level 4 : Apprentice Miner
jasonhoffman28
They have been excellent for me. I bought my 6 GB server the other day, and it was set up instantly. Unfortunately, there was an error, and the server wouldn't start. I began to freak out because of their bad reviews, and I thought i was scammed, but when i submitted the ticket, they set up my dedicated IP and a new server in less than 50 minutes (ON A SUNDAY!) thats pretty awesome customer service. I would recommend GG servers, and rate them a 9/10. My only recommendation would be allow for root access.

And as for the two whiney customers, let me explain something to you... the buggy FTP, isn't buggy... If you actually read the info, you'd see that the max upload size is 2 mb. And NO! that doesn't mean you can't upload anything above 2 mb, all it means is you need to use filezilla, which is easy to use, and free. As for the support, they help with all my tech problems, Except for MOD SUPPORT. So think about it... why would they fix your (plugin/ mod) related server errors if they charge for it?

If you have any questions, feel free to contact me, and I will be happy to answer them. I am not affiliated with GGServers in any way. My only connection to them is that they are my server provider.
03/21/2014 4:48 pm
Level 9 : Apprentice Explorer
SomeonePrivate
Guys good hosts are: astralgameservers (slow support but still + ddos protection), mcprohosting, pytohost (ddos protection basic), beastnode (beast machine no ddos protection)
03/21/2014 4:35 pm
Prism Network
Also you want a good server host to review? Than review http://spartanhost.org/ they are best one I ever hosted with, fast live chat as it is always on, fast ticket support and well they allow you to use all modpack without paying,uploading custom modpacks you just click any play and many more features, thou they are a little bit expensive than GGserver but far more better! As soon as I get more donations on my server I am moving to my old good host SpartanHost!
03/21/2014 4:28 pm
Level 18 : Journeyman Ninja
Motherload
I host with them, 3 servers in fact, and they're okay on most days.

Their hosting is mediocre, which explains for the cheap host, which I can deal with because my developers and I are proficient in solving our own problems. But one thing that I cannot deal with is their customer-support. I receive very late replies and terrible suggestions. My server went down for over 6 hours at one point (it was the whole panel that was down), yet they still refused to admit it was their fault.

They were also being heavily DDoSed, even though they claim to have DDoS protection.
03/21/2014 4:15 pm
Level 38 : Artisan Cake
cakeface
And that is why I host my own server.
03/21/2014 4:11 pm
Prism Network
I host with them too and I am REALLY disapointed with them, I host 2 servers with them one being 2 GB and another 3 GB ram server and guess what? Both have same error and because of that my users are leaving >.< And worst of all ??? They offer to help you with server only if you buy Modpack and Server support..So I would rate this host 1/10 as they are really 7th on enjin best server hosts but they do really bad work!
03/21/2014 4:06 pm
Level 15 : Journeyman Modder
Cornflakes691
im with them and frankly they are pretty good. Nothing what you said is happening to me and the only thing that bugs me is their customer service
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome