WTFU!? (Where is the fair use?)

Azrath's Avatar Azrath4/17/16 5:18 am
1 emeralds 2.1k 51
5/17/2016 8:54 am
brostermedia's Avatar brostermedia
So yesterday I wanted to make a new channel where I would promote free to use music in YouTube videos and Twitch. I set up my channel, spent few hours on my logo and banner for YouTube for what, to see YouTube has shut down a newly created channel with original picture and no content whatsoever?

I give up on YouTube and all the crazy shenanigans they are doing with it and with automated bots, more and more they are messing up yet people still watch the videos there since no other video sharing website exists.

If there is than please let me know and also please share your opinions on YouTube's "Fair Use" as I really want to think what others think.

Since integration of G+ to YouTube I just do not know what to do, it's been so long yet I am still discovering new features to this day that are absolutely not needed.
Azrath
Level 24 : Expert Button Pusher

Create an account or sign in to comment.

05/17/2016 8:54 am
Level 10 : Journeyman Dragon
brostermedia
i am legit laughing from this system XD

but this case is the worst:
used song once

used the same song looped 6/7 times

KEK DEN
05/17/2016 4:42 am
Azrath
Any more opinions on this?
04/30/2016 10:46 pm
Level 47 : Master Button Pusher
Leeberator
Sergeant SarcasmThey make enough money already

Fun fact: YouTube is most likely a net loss for Google, but Google makes so much money in other areas that they can afford to keep it running and still turn a major profit as a company.
04/30/2016 7:58 pm
Level 16 : Journeyman Network
Konrad
Looks like Youtube is trying to improve the content id system http://youtubecreator.blogspot.com/2016 ... ators.html
04/30/2016 10:07 pm
Level 59 : Grandmaster Senpai
AnimeFanFTW
Honestly, this should have been done years ago. But this is excellent news.
This won't solve all the problems with Youtube's broken system, but it's a step in the right direction.
04/30/2016 10:10 pm
Konrad
True
04/28/2016 12:04 am
Level 19 : Journeyman Modder
guestds
Click to reveal
AzrathYeah, until YouTube fixes it things I am using AdBlock. If maybe they would fix it I would consider the YouTube red, until its not fixed than I am keeping away from it.

Sergeant Sarcasm
Not to pop your bubble or anything but YouTube could care less. The people you're hurting the most by using AdBlock is the creators. I can't speak since I use AdBlock on YouTube, but I'm just saying your priorities are misplaced. If you're trying to boycott YouTube or protest their unethical treatment of creators, social media is your best bet. They make enough money already, a few people using AdBlock isn't going to make them consider changing their ways, however an angry mob of people on Twitter will. PR is more valuable to them than some ad views and revenue they get from it.

guestds
i have to use it or ill be scarred for life again... its like walking into my moms room to ask her something when her pants are off..... but i have to see it for 30 seconds and that persons naked 100% putting soap on.... and i dont know how i allow afew i know are safe ads... also is there an automatic ad skipper or anything that hides the ads but doesnt remove the script that makes the creators lose money? also on here and minecraftforums and stuff the ads take up spots that i hate and looks crap and i is ocd i need those spots free.... maybe the small popup ads that dont open another window or SCREAM THE CRAP OUT OF YOUR EARS AND MAKE YOU DEAF AND UNABLE TO WATCH THE VIDEO FOR 5 MINUTES AFTER IT ANYWAY??!?! i hate those ones.... adfly... roblox... all da websutsss.... i iz naw in LOLCATS langwidge.... idk if anybody will get that lol but i hate screamer screaching ads

Josephpica
Those aren't ads, those are pop-ups. You probably have a virus, or somekind of adware. Either way, you computer is infected.

no i dont mean like completely new window popups but the little box ads that everyone has in the middle of the page... and if it is a virus then i can sue the people that sold it for giving me a computer that already had a virus before sold... like the youtube popup ads in the middle of the video but its the middle of the page not video and someone should make something like adblock but it hides and muted the advertisement but never pauses the video or like this:
Click to reveal
bottom layer:
ppp
ppp
top layer:
nnn
nan

but the extension does this to it:
Click to reveal
bottom layer:
nnn
nan
top layer:
ppp
ppp

p=page
a=advertisement
n=nothing (or maybe javascripts or whatever but ye)
also pan
04/27/2016 10:05 am
Level 51 : Grandmaster Necromancer
Noctris
Theres no way to remove ads without making people use money. And people use ads because well money. If you create something no matter what it is, its gonna cost money, since donations are almost 0$ 99% of the time, people have to put up ads to atleast cover the costs of hosting and other things. So the message here is sont blame the ads, blame the people if each visitor donated 1$ every month to a website they enjoy, that website would not have to have ads at all.
04/27/2016 7:55 pm
guestds
or if every human (cause only humans can pay things cause reasons) paid 0.01 aka a penny.... why cant i be melt these down theyre useless i wanna make a copper brick and smash it with a hamer but maybe 5 cents aka nickels 1 of them per 5 months then? i think... that might be over 5x the even wanted ammount... or donald trump gave 0.1% of his money itll make that site last for atleast 2 years maybe? or atleast 1.5 years? someone do the math... pls im too lazy... also im wondering if 2 people post the same game and sounds and stuff one of them with ads other not which one has higher copyright infringement chance? and also if your name is a shows name and the show is copyrighted.... aka skydoesminecraft with barney they didnt make shirts for him cause his name and using it might get them a copyright infringement but if its their name then what? apperently according to my mom which parents tend to lie a famous singer tried to copyright her name and someone the same name said to them thats not fair cause theyd have to pay for no reason basicly... kindof like finebros tried copyrighting react.... that didnt end well.... i think they lost 5% of the subs? lagics...
04/26/2016 5:35 am
Azrath
Yeah, until YouTube fixes it things I am using AdBlock. If maybe they would fix it I would consider the YouTube red, until its not fixed than I am keeping away from it.
04/26/2016 8:58 am
Level 52 : Grandmaster Lumberjack
Sergeant Sarcasm
Not to pop your bubble or anything but YouTube could care less. The people you're hurting the most by using AdBlock is the creators. I can't speak since I use AdBlock on YouTube, but I'm just saying your priorities are misplaced. If you're trying to boycott YouTube or protest their unethical treatment of creators, social media is your best bet. They make enough money already, a few people using AdBlock isn't going to make them consider changing their ways, however an angry mob of people on Twitter will. PR is more valuable to them than some ad views and revenue they get from it.
04/26/2016 11:52 pm
guestds
i have to use it or ill be scarred for life again... its like walking into my moms room to ask her something when her pants are off..... but i have to see it for 30 seconds and that persons naked 100% putting soap on.... and i dont know how i allow afew i know are safe ads... also is there an automatic ad skipper or anything that hides the ads but doesnt remove the script that makes the creators lose money? also on here and minecraftforums and stuff the ads take up spots that i hate and looks crap and i is ocd i need those spots free.... maybe the small popup ads that dont open another window or SCREAM THE CRAP OUT OF YOUR EARS AND MAKE YOU DEAF AND UNABLE TO WATCH THE VIDEO FOR 5 MINUTES AFTER IT ANYWAY??!?! i hate those ones.... adfly... roblox... all da websutsss.... i iz naw in LOLCATS langwidge.... idk if anybody will get that lol but i hate screamer screaching ads
04/27/2016 8:11 pm
Level 42 : Master Pixel Painter
JozyP
Those aren't ads, those are pop-ups. You probably have a virus, or somekind of adware. Either way, you computer is infected.
04/26/2016 2:33 am
Level 31 : Artisan Modder
FirEmerald
And then we go to youtube RED, literally the WORST thing to happen to youtube. A way to pull profit away from the ACTUAL video creators and send it directly to Google instead. Google is literally trying to turn youtube into a purely profit-based place. They don't seem to care about the creators anymore.
04/26/2016 3:25 am
Azrath
They stopped since G+ was added to YouTube, worst thing ever. Also channels redesign, I mean old channel design was good why did it had to change...
04/26/2016 1:31 am
JozyP
AnimeFanFTW
Josephpica
AnimeFanFTWHow has Youtube not been sued yet?

Because like why sue a company if you didn't lose any money.

Except that many Youtube channels that are getting abused by Youtube's copyright system loses ad revenue, and therefore, loses money, every time a video of theirs is affected.

That's money they don't get, so in some sense it doesn't exist, so there is no real loss. Also remember to be thankful YouTube is free to use. They can do whatever they want, it's their website. But they adjust themselves to accommodate the common lazyness of the people who watch hours of these videos. And they accommodate the cheap people who use YouTube's ability of free video hosting to collect their own fame, without paying for it.
And yess, this comment was intended to be biased sounding.
04/26/2016 1:11 am
Level 16 : Journeyman Dragon
Latiodile
one of my GTA videos got a claim because of the gta 4 theme song, turns out that rockstar hasn't copyrighted it that way on youtube, instead ot was some horrible french rapper that literally took the song, rapped over it, and then copyrighted it.. youtube is broken.

Also, rocket 69 is most likely copyrighted, because games use official licensed songs a lot, here's a couple of examples

Click to reveal

and then there's the times where the copyright thing gets it wrong...

It claimed it for "the Ocarina of time 3D credits theme" Yet, it's the intro theme to TLOZ minish cap, listen to that, and then listen to the credits theme of ocarina of time.

04/25/2016 6:36 pm
AnimeFanFTW
Josephpica

Except that many Youtube channels that are getting abused by Youtube's copyright system loses ad revenue, and therefore, loses money, every time a video of theirs is affected.
04/25/2016 5:41 pm
Azrath
Josephpica
YouTube fixes it's mistakes before they get too big.

Oh but the problem already is too huge...
04/25/2016 5:38 pm
JozyP

I hav never seen You Tube delete a channel that should remain up that they didn't put back up in less then a month. Stop complaining about YouTube removing channels. Everyone and every company can make mistakes, unlike so many though, YouTube fixes it's mistakes before they get too big.
04/25/2016 5:32 pm
Level 17 : Journeyman Taco
Zoidberg_
Honestly i had a huge channel one my channel was deleted for copyright claims and more crap reasons and i did nothing, so i quit YouTube it has the worst bot system.
04/25/2016 5:22 pm
Azrath
Thanks YouTube!

Apparently Rocket 69 from Fallout 4 is some random song from internet that does not sound nor have words like it and it got my video flagged, again thanks YouTube!

04/26/2016 3:49 am
Level 48 : Master Nerd
that2guy
Like how were you supposed to know if that song existed or not? (other than search it up)

Also the length of ads sometimes really annoys me (sometimes I get 30 second long ads with no skip )
04/26/2016 4:04 am
AnimeFanFTW
Then get adblock.
04/25/2016 6:09 pm
Konrad
You have to make sure the song isn't coprighted.
04/26/2016 2:23 am
Azrath
I am not sharing that video with a public anyways but I am just mad how YouTube's system is so so wrong on many levels. I got copyrighted for completely different song, I would be fine it it was the song that is in game but no, autobot is in charge.
04/21/2016 11:57 am
Level 88 : Elite Scapegoat
Paril
Just to answer the question I saw about "why has YouTube not been sued" - because they can't be. It's their website, you're using it on their terms and they can revoke anything at any time. I'm not defending their actions by any means, because I definitely think they have to rely less on automation, but they aren't a government website and don't have to adhere to those kinds of rules.
04/21/2016 12:33 pm
Azrath
I wonder how did I miss the "why has YouTube not been sued" reply... It might be the dumbest thing I heard today, no offense to OP whoever it was.
04/21/2016 7:42 pm
guestds
but... youre op... im now confuzed.... ieh.... but as long as they dont remove meh video for minecraft.... and stop intense automation cause that ends horrible... im k... lol?
04/22/2016 3:46 am
Azrath
I was referring to the OP if the reply, not me. Use brains.
04/18/2016 10:17 am
Azrath
Bump!

I might make an video of my opinion for this topic so it is easier to share rather than typing everything every time.
04/18/2016 12:35 am
Azrath
Latiodile
AzieSeems like every time I post something I get a copyrite notice even though all it is is Let's Plays of popular video games on a channel that isn't even monetised.

this. my channel got a claim for legitimately 30 seconds of a video, that wasn't even monetized... but then again.. it's Nintendo, they don't care

they should care enough to leave an english name so i know what the hell got claimed though

Most of the times claims are ridiculous like the one you have.
04/17/2016 8:27 pm
Level 16 : Journeyman Dragon
Latiodile
AzieSeems like every time I post something I get a copyrite notice even though all it is is Let's Plays of popular video games on a channel that isn't even monetised.

this. my channel got a claim for legitimately 30 seconds of a video, that wasn't even monetized... but then again.. it's Nintendo, they don't care

they should care enough to leave an english name so i know what the hell got claimed though

04/17/2016 4:07 pm
Level 58 : Grandmaster Grump
Azie
Seems like every time I post something I get a copyrite notice even though all it is is Let's Plays of popular video games on a channel that isn't even monetised. I want to be able to put out content that people enjoy, but it's really hard when most everything is automated and it makes it very hard to dispute short of going directly to the game developers just to tell me "no, you're fine. I don't know why Youtube is doing that" (which I have done). Overall I've given up on Youtube, partially because of that and partially because of how long it puts together a decent video. Maybe Twitch would be more my speed.
04/17/2016 4:18 pm
Azrath
I wish I could go on Twitch but my personality for it is 0 + English is not my main language + I do not know even if my internet could cope with uploading a stream + do not even know how to set up a stream(never was interested so that is why, not that I do not know how to use google)
04/17/2016 9:36 am
Level 21 : Expert Narwhal
Prisma15
I'm going to go put silence in the copyright ID system so that every video with any silence will be claimed by me.
05/16/2016 12:26 pm
Level 3 : Apprentice Miner
Docstoj
LOL. Good thing I never shut up then
04/17/2016 8:14 pm
guestds
oh good im safe if i dont remove the fuzzy snow sounds in the backround of my video! lol.... how do i stop that anyway? btw if you copyright something and videos already had it only videos posted after the copyright thing was made for it can be copystriked i think....

also youtube needs a warning that the name picked is already a name of another channel.... but theres a little checkmark thing saying verified if hovered over that says its the real account.... but its more of overprotecting then it is of deleting it randomly but overprotection and not enough are both annoying so i think id rather the slightly over but this is alot overprotecting not slightly over...too much protecting me.... give me buddar.... im definitely sky.... no im not dont believe that... i dont have a checkmark saying verified... and im not sky.... ye.... but they need to have bots send in possible copykats and then have someone human (not me... lol) check it and see if this person is copying someone or just coincidence cause soon people might need to be 6t298u46783u49t6iugqehn instead of imtehbeztevar334 and imthebestever443 theyll ban the newer person.... i think they might even ban someone of imthebestevar666 even if the original account imthebestever666 said its their kids account.... pls proof as a hooman not a rubot... pls
04/17/2016 8:53 am
Konrad
Typical youtube, I had my youtube channel suspended before it was a nighmare getting it back but i was partnered so they helped me get my channel back but the copyright system and youtubes broken bot system need to get fixed. But i would try this https://support.google.com/accounts/con ... hl=en&rd=1
04/17/2016 9:40 am
Azrath
Thank you but I do not think ill be posting something on YouTube in next few years. I am scared to even put my original video so someone does not claim it as "his" because he can...
04/17/2016 9:54 am
Konrad
If someone claims a video you post you can counter claim it and get rid of that copyright claim.
04/17/2016 7:48 pm
AnimeFanFTW
It's not guaranteed that a counter claim will remove a copyright claim. In fact, from what I've heard from various Youtubers, counter claims almost never work.
04/17/2016 7:58 pm
Konrad
It didn't work for me but i worded it as it does actually work but i mean't that it might.
04/17/2016 3:30 pm
Azrath
As said before I wont wait for YouTube to reply to me in one month, I am done with everything other than watching videos until they sort out their things out!
04/17/2016 3:58 pm
Level 33 : Artisan Engineer
Jmal116
Unfortunately, I don't see them getting this sorted out any time soon. Despite the fire they've come under from all directions on the issue, there simply is no motivation for them to fix anything. As you've already said, there's no viable competition for them, and so as mad as people might be about the system they keep on creating videos and pulling in more traffic.

The people who can bring the most attention to the issue and who could feasibly put some pressure on youtube are the same ones who need to consistently produce content in order to maintain their revenue stream. Without anywhere else to go, there's not much anyone can do besides complain.
04/17/2016 6:42 am
AnimeFanFTW
It's things like this that make me always worry about my channel.

It's very obvious that no channel is safe. A poorly designed bot, flag spammers, or people abusing the copyright system is all it takes for someone's hard work be deleted instantly, with no way to defend themselves.

I heard that there was a event promoted by the Nostalgia Critic about a way to contact the goverment about the copyright law and what needs to be changed. I also then saw a tweet made by the CEO of Youtube, contacting I Hate Everything, Nostalgia Critic and GradeAUnderA about the whole broken system. She said that "We're listening". That was about a month ago, and nothing has changed.

And then just recently, Team FourStar and MysteriousMrEnter were affected.

Now you can have your channel removed for a name.
How has Youtube not been sued yet?
04/17/2016 6:34 am
Level 28 : Expert Button Pusher
yoda473
Yeah, I know what you mean... and that weird gaming sub-website seems to seal the deal for the doom of Youtube. It's one of the most pointless things Google have ever done.
As for the whole unfair deletion of channel thing, I've never seen that kind of thing happen before. That's really strange and stupid...
04/17/2016 4:35 pm
Level 44 : Master Sweetheart
Calendar Man
*Cough* I Hate Everything *Cough*
04/17/2016 5:23 pm
Azrath
Okay, well this has a real contribution to this thread... If you do not have anything smarter to post than keep yourself from doing so.
04/17/2016 6:24 am
Level 9 : Apprentice Architect
SheedoPlayz
It got shutdown because of the name Neo Promotions, there is a channel with the same name that's existed for over a year. It would make sense to block such channels to prevent imposters. Don't let it put you down, though! Just find a different name and try again.

Good luck!
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome