Norkgvar - Skyreaver
Level 17 : Journeyman Botanist
Your curiosity has brought you far away from known territories and creatures. It is not your burden to purge these lands from an evil which resides deep within the heart of Norkgvar. Cleanse it from it's corruption to revive the nature of these forgotten islands and witness a beautiful rebirth.
Are you prepared?
❖ Enormous World - Exploration
Unravel the secrets of an open world map by venturing to the depths of Norkgvar, torn by time and the sea, surfing the ocean. These lands are for those who seek adventures.
Travel to towns and cities, trade with merchants, define your own game.
Your journey has just begun.
❖ Changing the Story
Change the storyline as your progress through difficult tasks to craft your own path. Open new territories and quests, towns with generous merchants and much more. You decide what the outcome is.
❖ Miscellaneous Features
We are planning a countless amount of features from a more user-friendly interaction with NPCs to completely new concepts unique to this world only (should that be true). Keep an eye on our pages to stay updated with the latest information about Norkgvar and experience it for the first time when ready.
After we're done with the map, we'll start working on a custom resourcepack for just this map to have variety in friendly mobs visual representation of their purpose and as such, vendors, guards or regular citizens will look different.
❖ Info Pages
Project Page: http://www.skyreaver.net/norkgvar
MinecraftForums WIP Page: http://www.minecraftforum.net/forums/mapping-and-modding/maps/wip-maps/2780750-skyreaver-norkgvar
|Tags:||PvE, Map, Adventure, Exploration, Skyreaver, Challenge|
Update #18 : 01/28/2017 4:46:05 pm1/28/17
We'll be looking forward into continuing working on the map, but that won't happen until after we've sorted all others things, including minor projects we've already started that do not require as much effort to complete.
We're sorry we've let you down with this disappointment, but fear not, we'll be promoting other projects we've planned for the far future.
Update #17 : 01/28/2017 8:27:32 am1/28/17
* Added 2 organic statues, one of which is event related
* Added 3 encampments, 1 town and 1 major city
Working on these locations to make sure they fit the environment, and am reworking them if required
Update #16 : 01/28/2017 12:55:47 am1/28/17
* Added 4 merchants - 1 armorsmith, 2 food merchants and 1 reforge merchant
Misc - Greendorn:
* Added road pathways between town structures
* Added decorations throughout the town - including pathway refinement, grass, flowers, etc.
* Added distant lighting to watchtowers
* Added additional lighting throughout the town pathway
* Added additional lighting near disconnected structures
Tavern can be used to purchase a room and set the spawnpoint there instead of the graveyard
* Removed the farm from the town
* Removed the experience well from the town
Update #15 : 01/27/2017 1:32:18 pm1/27/17
* Added a new town - Greendorn
* Added a new side quest spot
Creatures - Greendorn:
* Added 6 town guards
* Added 6 quest related creatures
* Added 7 town citizens
* Added 4 vendors
Creatures - Side Quest:
* Added 3 quest related creatures
Misc - Greendorn:
* Added a new graveyard
* Added a new farm
* Added a new experience well
Quests are being worked on and in the meanwhile, a pathway is being set between all related areas.
Update #14 : 01/26/2017 2:18:06 pm1/26/17
Our story is not remotely ready yet since we're lacking personnel capable of writing a good story, and hence development is stalled. We have no idea how long it may take, but we're doing all in our power to make release as soon as possible.
Since I just understood many people are using different resource packs, the only thing we'll be applying is QUEST RELATED creatures.
Update #13 : 01/21/2017 4:25:43 am1/21/17
* Added a town in the starting area
* Added 4 starting quest related NPC in the starting town
* Added 1 storyline quest related NPC in the starting town
* Added 1 food merchant in the starting town
* Added 1 supply merchant in the starting town
* Added 5 introductory quests
* Added 1 storyline quest
* Added 1 farm in the starting town
* Added 1 experience well in the starting town - rewards experience when players drop quest books into the well
* Added 1 graveyard - the default spawnpoint for players
When you approach a quest related NPC he'll print a message and you'll be given a book through which you start the quest.
Some NPCs require you to right-click them for the above action, and hence can be abused. Please do not.
Discovering graveyards is required to changing spawnpoints (unless set so by a quest, a special item or otherwise through forgotten beds).
Update #12 : 01/19/2017 12:28:50 pm1/19/17
* Split location in half, creating two separate locations: Dreadwastes and Searing Lands
* Recolored Dreadwastes to it's new desig
* Added a zone specific dungeon
* Added biome settings for relevant areas
* Added a pathway between Searing Lands and Dreadwastes
* Removed 2 out of 3 dungeons previously available in Wasteland
Update #11 : 01/19/2017 7:43:43 am1/19/17
* Removed misfit palm trees from the entire location
* Removed a lake from near the Windsong Pass
* Added an oasis near the center of the map, closer to the North
Map - Highlands:
* Improved terrainin the arrival area
Map - The Fjords:
* Added unique terrain style of a rather "chilly" look
Zone - Asure Plateau:
* Reworked cliffs terrain representation
* Reworked surface areas
* Added "Frozen Plateau"
* Added "Everbloom"
Update #10 : 01/19/2017 7:35:54 am1/19/17
We've started working more closely on locations and are beginning to populate them with objects, quests and creatures. In parallel, we keep adding a little bit of detail to the terrain. We think it's fantastic and hopefully you'll like it too!Clean physical size, unarchived - 1.57GB
Clean physical size, archived - 290MB
Map - Kurgan Island:
* Improved terrain detalization
* Improved hills edges
* Reworked cave layer pathway from a hole to a clean opening
* Added templates for vendors, quest givers and citizens (are also guards).
* Added templates for vendors selling specific quest items and function as sort of an auction house
* Added templates for primary and secondary storyline quests and side quests
* Added templates for world entity objects as quest requirements
* Added templates for "book and quill" which contains quest description and options - accept / decline - experimental
* Preparing land and air structures for placement
Update #9 : 01/16/2017 11:59:58 am1/16/17
* Set appropriate biomes for all regions
* Changed caves properties for different biomes to have their own, unique style
* Changed density properties of objects in snowy areas
* Changed pathway caves properties to fit the terrain with minor height adjustment to local land levels
* Set different road stamps for different biomes to fit their nature. To be added within implementation of world objects.
* Added new rivers and extended existing ones for a larger scale area separation lines.
* Added "Kurgan Island"
* Added "Blooming Island"
* Added "Dried Depths"
* Added "Asure Plateau"
* Added "Windsong Pass"
Exporting second iteration of the world, will update with physical size archived and not archived.
Update #8 : 01/15/2017 12:47:31 pm1/15/17
* Added mountains and an arch (as an open gate) at the spawn
* Added more hills and cliff-ish bumps to base level (h_35-h_60)
* Added mountain caves around "Highlands", "Scorched Isle" and "The Fjords":
All have different roughness level and variation, so they shouldn't be as similar (hopefully).
One of these caves (AKA dungeons) will feature an underground town with quests and the like, the others are going to be of secret purpose which you'll discover in-game. The entrances are quite difficult to spot unless you're looking for it, so it should be pretty fun.
Update #7 : 01/14/2017 3:26:34 pm1/14/17
* Improved terrain flat pockets
* Improved small hills cliffs coloring
* Removed The Nether
* Added "Asure Valley"
* Added "Highlands Peaks"
* Added "Scorched Isle"
Update #6 : 01/14/2017 12:03:05 pm1/14/17
Update #5 : 01/14/2017 8:57:17 am1/14/17
Light issues may occur in certain snowy regions, it's just that ugly export that happens and nothing to do about it, unless I'm missing something. :(
Since I started writing this post, layers density increased for a more full forest. Will update with images soon enough.
Update #4 : 01/12/2017 3:34:19 pm1/12/17
Speaking of the which, we've built a skeleton for one of the continents and landscaping should be done tomorrow, with the second continent joining the party soon after.
The third and the fourth (last) will be ready by Friday evening or Saturday (hopefully), and next week we'll start re-applying quests and pre-made locations.
We will be also preparing a Wiki page to host more profound explanations on specific features. For instance - enchanting items through Crafting Table. It'll require specific resources and since it's not the only idea we're into doing, there has to be some sort of info about this stuff. We'll be hosting craft specific pages on our website as well.
Update #3 : 01/11/2017 12:21:52 pm1/11/17
* Resized Overworld from 2500x2500 to 10240x10240
* Added The Nether - 4096x4096
* Added "Highlands"
* Added "Fjords"
Overworld - will contain the majority of the content, be it quests, scenarios, dungeons, etc..
The Nether - an area available to players after completing the main storyline. It is the prime example we talked earlier about quests colliding, leading to one connected story. Two storylines will lead to the discovery of The Nether. Still thinking which limitations will impede players from accessing the zone besides the main storyline.
Work is being done to turn this map into more multiplayer friendly and progress rewarding. Entertainment is by far the most valuable interest we're striving to, but the size of the map virtually has been changed due to difficulties on our end, and the physical size may play a role in accessibility and so we are working on a solution.
Right now we're looking into merging worlds locally, so you'd be able to download pieces of this giant world and "add" them as if it was an update, should we succeed. If not, then this might end up as a torrent-able link as well.
If we're to fail with merging world parts, we'll move by the philosophy of finishing the world completely (with all the content) and then release it, so you'll have to download it only once. That though means there will be no updates to the map unless those are bug fixes you'll HAVE to implement LOCALLY.
Let's just pray our ideas don't fail... :3
P.S. I'll add a picture of the map when landscape is complete
Update #2 : 01/09/2017 12:47:28 pm1/09/17
* Added 1 storyline quest
* Added 1 secondary storyline quest
Reworked how objectives are handled.
* Added "Volgrund's Shrine" as a part of a storyline quest
* Added monologues for Volgrund (Unknown Spirit) and Bordin (Town Priest)
Improved timing between texts
Starting a storyline quest will now play a sound. All storyline quests will have an ending an a relevant notification, except the first one - "Speak to Bordin"
Update #1 : 01/07/2017 10:05:42 am1/07/17
* Added mini dungeon near the Starting Camp
* Added 4 starting zone quests
* Added 2 storyline quests
* Added a village - Altshire:
* Added 2 storyline quest givers
* Added 3 villager merchants
* Added 4 "guards" and 2 "citizens"
* Added "Starting Book" - includes brief explanation about the world and "enchanted books" (such as Book of Fast Travel).
* Added Book of Fast Travel - allows players to teleport between towns they've already visited
* Added Book of Restoration - allows players to summon their horse, if lost. Available only after acquiring a horse from the Stables in Altshire.
* Added monologues for Kromog - Starting Camp
* Added monologues for merchants, citizens and guards - Altshire
* Added monologues for all existing quest givers with texts relevant to the current quest
Start of a storyline quest will be displayed on screen. Quests of high importance will be displayed in "gold".
Entering and exiting dungeons is done by approaching a wall of black wool. Direction (if otherwise planned unclear) will be marked with red wool.
Entering into or exiting out of a city will be displayed above the player's action bar.