LoZ: Oracle of Seasons v2.0
26,114Views, 19 today
- 7,832Downloads, 2 today
Get Embed Code
Level 36 : Artisan Elf
Posted 04/05/12 11:07:11 am , last updated: 09/14/12 7:13:20 am
The Seasons in this pack are biome-based, which means that all 4 seasons will appear in every world (kind of like how in the original game seasons are also location-based, rather than time-based). However, the biome colours (as well as other textures like water, lava, etc.) don't change automatically when changing your texture pack, which is why you'll need to download and use the MCPatcher HD Fix to make them work.
|Game Version:||Minecraft 1.3.1|
|Tags:||The, Legend, Zelda, Oracle, Seasons, Ages, Link, Links, Awakening, Nintendo, Gameboy, Color, Colour, Season, Themed, Environment, Terrain, Items, GUI, Art, Mobs, Armor, Misc, Particles|
|Credit:||Nintendo and Capcom|
Version 2.0 : 09/14/2012 7:13:20 am9/14/12
This is basically just an update to make sure everything's up to date with 1.3 and beyond. I haven't had much time to try everything, but I think most stuff is up to date now. There are also some minor changes, here's a list:
- Pumpkins have a new texture to make it look more like the Pumpkin Head boss
- Textures for Carrots, Potatoes, Pumpkin Pie, Nether Stars, Emeralds, Rubies and so on.
- Also textures for blocks like Emerald Blocks, Emerald Ore, Command Block, Beacon, etc.
- New Menu designs, most notably for the creative menu, which is now rather woody.
- Wither and his Skeletons now have a texture based on the Shadow Nightmares
- Other changes.
Version 2.-1 : 04/26/2012 6:31:23 pm4/26/12
What naming conventions?
So yeah, I'm working on redoing almost everything worth redoing, which usually means I get to ++ the main version number. But since we're probably only half-way there, 2.0 seemed hardly fitting...
So what's new? Here's a handy little list which should be able to answer that question:
- Biomes, as you may or may not know, the entire backend has been updated (or, if you'd ask me, "downgraded"), which meant I had to find a new distribution. Since every biome now has a single colour, and there's only a few foresty biomes, I've decided to use both Jungle and Swamp as seasonal biomes. Here's a list:
- Summer: Jungle, Ocean and Mountains
- Autumn: Forest and Desert,
- Winter: Taiga and Tundra
- Spring: Swamp and Plains
This distribution seems to be the best one so far, with high encounter rates for every seasons and all of them having at least 1 area with a decent amount of trees. Swamps do look a bit too happy now, but think of them as pleasant gardens, with the greener water caused by those nasty pollen or something.
I've also changed the colours a bit, so everything's a bit brighter and happier now.
- Pines and Birches now have their own biome-based leaf colours, and about time too.
- All Leaves textures and the Tall Grass texture have been edited to add some more contrast, Pine leaves also got an updated texture for fancy graphics.
- New Sand texture, based on the desert sand, because the sand texture I had been using wasn't actually as prominent as I once thought.
- Dirt is less yellow now, apparently I had been using the dirt from an animal compagnion area, which for some bizzare reason is quite yellow.
- Animated Torches (although I'm still working on those) and some other animated surprises.
- other surprises
I tried randomising the grass block surface so it would seem less dense (like in the game), but it didn't really have the desired effect. I also tried making things like sand and sandstone change colour based on the biome, but this also proved to be a bit of a failure. If all of this had worked this would've been a slightly more impressive update.
Version 1.11 minor update : 04/06/2012 7:46:07 pm4/06/12
+ The Chainmail armour has been changed to the Ball and Chain Trooper's armour.
+ The transparent parts of the Skeletons and Ghasts have been filled.
+ Most importantly, Zombie Pigmen have been changed into Subrosians!
For more information, check out the Minecraft Forums Thread.
Join us to post comments.