Wanna hear another story about a call with my friends?

IGEBM's Avatar IGEBM3/29/23 11:35 am
3/29/2023 10:11 pm
Commander_The_Fox's Avatar Commander_The_Fox
No?

I don't care.

So, yesterday afternoon, around 5 PM, Noah called me, and I was busy reading about Scale on TFWiki, so I didn't pick up. I did check my phone and see the missed calls, though, and called him back, but he didn't answer. I waited a little bit and eventually Noah called me. Now, remember how I had told Zoey about Noah's crush on her and then he found out a few weeks ago and got mad at me and almost ended our friendship? Well, after we patched things up, he said I'd have to update the MCU timeline I made for him last year to include the new films, the upcoming MCU films (which go in a separate section since they're not in the timeline yet) and the parents' Common Sense Media rating for each film.

I was trying to tell Noah that I'd do it later, but he wasn't listening and made me go downstairs, turn on my computer, and get to work. You know what the worst part is? I could do this at the end of April, since he wants me to update it twice: once for this May (when he visits, so I can give it to him) and once for next May (when he visits again). Anyways, I started on the project, and, after about 10 minutes of work and both of us referring to this as "slave labor" (don't worry, it's a joke), he let me add Bria we could all talk while I worked.

While I worked, we talked about several things, including the fact that I was a bad friend for breaking Noah's trust, and we talked about "lightskin privilege," because my friends were saying I had it easier than them since I'm lightskinned and they both have darker skin than me. After that, we argued about the whole thing, with me protesting that I'm not privileged, and Noah making two examples of me having it easier by saying that if he had sugar in his bag, people would think he was selling cocaine, but if I had it in my bag, people would think I was just carrying sugar in my bag. The other example (which was horrible and hilarious) was that if Noah was walking around near the US-Mexico border, people would think he's part of a cartel, but if I was walking around there, no one would think anything of it. The reason this is a bad example is because it makes no sense, and also because I'm Afro-Latino! They would probably suspect me more if this made any sense because I'm part-Hispanic!

Anyways, after that, we went back to talking about the whole Zoey thing, and Noah and Bria said I had to apologize to her, even though I don't really need to. I understand that I had to apologize to Noah for breaking his trust, but why Zoey? No one listened to me, and Noah added Zoey. Then, they both left. When she picked up, we had a very awkward but short conversation that involved me apologizing for no reason (and telling her I didn't understand why; she didn't either) and her forgiving me just as Bria rejoined. (Noah also joined, but he had his camera and mic off for obvious reasons.) Once Zoey left (after telling us she was considering not joining because of what happened last time), Noah turned his camera and mic on and we talked about other stuff while I continued my work. I finished updating the timeline and convinced Noah to let me do the Common Sense stuff tomorrow. He was okay with that, so I slammed my computer screen down (I have a laptop) and went upstairs.

We talked a little more while I was in my room, and then Noah said he was ready to talk to Zoey. I asked if he was sure, and he said yes, so I added her to the call after making sure this wasn't some sort of trap to call me out for immediately adding her instead of making sure he was okay with it (the lines of trust between the three of us are deteriorating). Zoey picked up, but when she joined, Noah turned off his camera (and me and Bria had our cameras and mics off). Over text, Bria laughed at the fact that he had chickened out, and I did too. (Noah didn't see those messages, since he doesn't have a phone yet because his parents are overprotective.) The call ended a few minutes later.

Me and Bria were texting about his cowardice, and then Bria called me a chicken too, even though I literally have a whole plan to tell Stella how I feel about her. We texted for about 10 minutes, stopped, and then Noah called again 20 minutes after we stopped texting. On this call, he tried to get me to go downstairs and finish the timeline, or he'd text ZJ using his mom's computer about Stella. I managed to convince him not to, and to let me finish the timeline tomorrow. We talked for a little bit, and then he said he was really ready to talk to Zoey. Bria was saying he was gonna chicken out again and mess things up with Zoey. After I made sure several times that he wanted me to do it, I sent a text on a group chat for me, Bria, and Zoey asking if she could call. Then, after a few minutes and no response, Noah asked me to add her to the call, and I double-checked several times that he wanted me to. In the end, I added her and she didn't answer. Several minutes later, she said she couldn't call.

Towards the end of call, Noah spun this strange tale about how he was a child predator on the "obsidian web" (a darker version of the dark web that Noah made up). Then, he said that his first victim was his little sister's friend Yasmine and his second was a kid named Bobby. He then explained that he has a whole school on the website Killer (also made-up) on the obsidian web, and the students are part of a whole child predator operation where they take the voice box (which is located in the stomach, according to Noah), pancreas, and stomach acids of the victim. They don't seem to survive the stomach acid thing. Me and Bria were commenting as he told this tale that this was not PG and was very concerning, and Bria, who has type II diabetes, was especially concerned with the pancreas thing, because that's what diabetes is: a disease centered around the pancreas. He also listed his victims: 1) a kid who he used to train his recruits, 2) Yasmine, 3) Bobby, 4) [I forgot], 5) Bria, 6) me, 7) Joe Biden, 8) Donald Trump, and 9) Gerry. I had to leave the call because of dinner, but it ended after I left.

Afterwards, I revealed to Bria that I had taken a screenshot of Noah making a creepy face on the call, the same way she took a screenshot of me screaming while on mute when Noah kept ranting about how I was a bad friend on the call where Bria told him I told Zoey.

Now, I have to go and finish that timeline.
IGEBM
Level 55 : Grandmaster Loremaster