The Game Awards 2016: List of Winners

AnimeFanFTW's Avatar AnimeFanFTW12/2/16 5:59 am
1 emeralds 615 7
1/5/2017 12:59 am
jerrycheng's Avatar jerrycheng
Just like I did last year, for the sake of discussion, I will list the winners of this years Game Awards 2016.

Best Independent Game (Indie) is Inside. (Inside also won Best Art Direction) It wasn't Stardew Valley, I'm salty

Best Narrative is Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End.

Best Mobile Game went to Pokemon GO. (Pokemon GO also won Best Family Game...yes, Family Game...)

Best Action/Adventure Game is Dishonoured 2.

Best RPG is The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - Blood and Wine

Best Fighting Game is Street Fighter 5.

Best Strategy Game is Civilization 6

Best Sports/Racing Game is Forza Horizon 3

The Most Anticipated Game is The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild.

Here's the source if you want to find out about the other awards: http://www.polygon.com/2016/12/1/137844 ... ds-winners
AnimeFanFTW
Forum Moderator
Level 60 : High Grandmaster Senpai

Create an account or sign in to comment.

jerrycheng
01/05/2017 12:59 am
Level 1 : New Miner
It's really a great news to announce Overwatch a best game of the year. Overwatch is the first person multiplayer shooter game which I first played at one of my friends playstation that he had bought from Instant-gaming official site.
Jetra
12/02/2016 11:36 am
Level 39 : Artisan Scribe
Really surprised Street Fighter V made the top after Capcom decided to pull the rug under a lot of loyal fans.
AnimeFanFTW
12/02/2016 6:15 pm
Level 60 : High Grandmaster Senpai
I'm more surprised an Expansion pack of a game made last year won Best RPG. Need I remind that Dark Souls 3 was nominated in that list.
Prince Oceanus
12/02/2016 9:53 am
Level 52 : Grandmaster Prince
JediJerboaTo be fair, Pokemon GO can pretty much be played by everybody, and it encourages people to go outside

It becomes an issue when the place you work at actually has PokéStops and Gyms, however. My summer job was at a day camp for Cub Scouts called Belzer Day Camp, and literally any free time the kids had, they would ask their parents for their phone so they could play Pokémon GO!. The parents would actually give them the phone instead of telling them no, too! You couldn't even hold a conversation with the kids without them asking how many Pokémon you have.

Yes, it encourages going outside, but you can easily play Pokémon GO! in your car, even though it tells you not to play whilst driving (people actually do that). You're also just looking at your phone the whole time, and that's even more dangerous than driving while playing, because you're not paying attention to where you're walking, possibly putting yourself in danger that way.
Punkamoar
12/02/2016 9:39 am
Level 55 : Grandmaster Musician
That's a surprisingly solid list.
JediJerboa
12/02/2016 8:47 am
Level 36 : Artisan Pokemon
To be fair, Pokemon GO can pretty much be played by everybody, and it encourages people to go outside with their family to catch Pokemon. Ratchet and Clank just makes you sit down together and play, but in many cases, that's not a bad thing. But Pokemon GO allows you to go exploring rather than just sitting on the couch.
brostermedia
12/02/2016 6:32 am
Level 10 : Journeyman Dragon
expected a different nintendo game to get best family game
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome