Texture packs are in the folder but do not appear

MaximusPrime23's Avatar MaximusPrime235/14/24 2:37 pm history
5/21/2024 12:58 pm
ScotsMiser's Avatar ScotsMiser
So i decided to make a texture pack and it did not appear(well yes it had corrupted code alright)
but then i downloaded a new one but it does not appear! What is this and what to do?

EDIT: I downloaded another but it worked, although not the one i needed
MaximusPrime23
Level 37 : Artisan Wisp

Create an account or sign in to comment.

sniffercraft34
05/17/2024 1:56 pm
Level 32 : Artisan Cookie
did u unzip it?
where is the pack? i could look at it
MaximusPrime23
05/17/2024 4:12 pm
oakar258
05/21/2024 8:32 am
Level 69 : High Grandmaster Artist
This is the example of wrong resourcepack structure - there's a folder in between resourcepack.zip and the content so game doesn't recognise it as resourcepack.

When you take out this whole folder from the zip into resourcepacks folder you will notice game will recognise it correctly now.
ScotsMiser
05/21/2024 12:58 pm
Level 38 : Artisan Miner
Thought that mighht be so…

The pack has one of the "Comments on this submission are currently closed due to submission or member inactivity." flags so there's no way to add a commnet pointing that out {Because necroposting is sometimes a good thing…}
MaximusPrime23
05/21/2024 11:18 am
Sorry, I didn't notice the folder, now i made a new file and it works
sniffercraft34
05/18/2024 3:48 am
Level 32 : Artisan Cookie
Hmm, that is strange.
Everything seems to be ordered fine.
Pan Selerek
05/17/2024 1:26 pm
Level 3 : Apprentice Miner
Od razu do tego by ja mihal nie wyzywam 🌝 nie wyzywam w moim klubie fitness club hotel 🏨 🏨 🏨 🏨 🏨 🏨 🏨 🏨 🏨 🏨 🏨 🏨 🏨 🏨 🏨 🏨 🏨 🏨 🏨 🫓🍞🍆🥕🫑🫓🍟🍆🍞🍆🥑🧅🌶️🥜🥚🥚🧀🍟🛻🛻🚗🏍️🏍️
Pan Selerek
05/15/2024 7:31 am
Level 3 : Apprentice Miner
Bro plis my little bit i maksymalną liczbę punktów na użytkownika w celu zapewnienia jakości wykonania ceny nie wyzywam 🌝 oraz na użytkownika a to ja mihal to tosamo to jac w moim
MaximusPrime23
05/15/2024 7:52 am
I am confused, you are talking about your own packs, right?(the thread is about finding a fix to a bug and not individual packs)

Nie rozumiem, co właśnie powiedziałeś. Myślę też, że mówisz o jakimś pakiecie, który nie jest tematem wątku
oakar258
05/14/2024 5:23 pm
Level 69 : High Grandmaster Artist
history
There's a chance resourcepack is not structured correctly for the game to recognise it.

Make sure it's structured like this:

resourcepack_name.zip (resourcepacks in unpacked folder form are also supported)
        |
        assets
        pack.mcmeta
        pack.png (this one is optional)

and not like this:

resourcepack_name.zip/folder
        |
        resourcepack_name folder <- Result of packing whole pack folder into zip instead of its content (assets, .mcmeta file etc.)
                |
                assets
                pack.mcmeta
                pack.png
MaximusPrime23
05/15/2024 6:04 am
Well, it is structured like this(in my pack i acidentally duplicated the mcmeta but the other one was structured exactly like the right option)
ScotsMiser
05/14/2024 5:18 pm
Level 38 : Artisan Miner
Knowing what version you're playing and what packs you're downloading would help spot possible compatibility issues.

You might also try running straight vanilla with no other texture packs (which would avoid that issue and at least confirm the DL'd pack works under optimal conditions).

Also, look at the structure of the pack (open the zip and look inside): in some cases the folder in the zip rather than the zip itself is what needs to be placed in the resource pack folder... q.v. my Improved Directional Glazed Magenta Terracotta for an example (I've since figured out the problem)
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome