Help please - allocationg character to another user

Battenobbs's Avatar Battenobbs2/16/22 10:25 am
3 emeralds 154 2
2/16/2022 11:06 am
Battenobbs's Avatar Battenobbs
Hi, hoping you can help me......

We play as a family on the Switch. We save to an SD card and do not have an online Nintendo account.

When we play, we select one user (always the same one). We then add 'local players' as 'guests'. Each of us always uses the same character we have created as a 'local playing guest'.

Problem is that when one of us wants to play alone without the 'user' we always select to play as a family, we can't access our saved character that we normally play as and it makes us start again.

Surely we can allocate our saved characters to our own respective user accounts? I just have no idea how to do this. Can anyone please give me some step-by-step instructions.

Thanks!
Battenobbs
Level 1 : New Miner

Create an account or sign in to comment.

RochesterX
02/16/2022 10:40 am
Level 30 : Artisan Nerd
When you go to add a player, it should take you to the Switch Accounts page like it does when you boot up the game. You should then be able to select the correct user. However, worlds are saved under each account, so unless the "host" is the first player, you cannot play in that world as another account (in single player). One fix is to join as the "host", join as the player you want to play as, and then give all your stuff to the first player and continue. It is unnecessarily difficult, but it seems to be the only thing that works at least from my experience.
Battenobbs
02/16/2022 11:06 am
Level 1 : New Miner
history
Thanks for the help. When we go to add a player - it doesnt show the accounts page. It displays "Press Stick L to Join". When we hold the L button it just opens up a choice of characters that we scroll through left to right...we have 4 as there are 4 of us.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome