How To Become Staff
1,010Views, 1 today
Get Embed Code
Level 18 : Journeyman Spelunker
Posted 07/15/12 8:42:36 pm
Everyone has seen these type of people before. The type of player who ask for op or admin or any other staff position before or right after they get on a server. There is a very significant difference between asking for moderator after playing on a server for a month and asking to be a moderator on a server before you even began to play. I decided to make a list of a few common mistakes people make when trying to get staff.
This is the most commonly known type of begging for staff and in my opinion the most annoying. They will join a server and spam for a staff members attention. Once they get their attention they will instantly ask for staff. This type of application is not even a real application and odds are if you get staff on a server using this method then that server most likely is not a server of any class. In other words you could almost use this as a way to find out if a server has any values. That is of course if you don't get banned after asking
PMC Chat Spamming:
This style of asking for a staff position has been around for as long as I have played minecraft. It involves joining the planet minecraft member chat and repeatedly asking for a server position whenever someone posts an ip or even sometimes when nobody has posted an ip. Now that there is the server hall in the chat this problem isn't as much of a nuisance but it still bothers people when they are trying to either find a server to play on or promote their server. Sometimes people will even spam for staff in the main lobby when a mod or admin is not on. This is almost worse then InGame Spamming because there is nobody to actually remove this player from the chat
Probably the least done and least annoying version of instantly applying for staff is posting on the PMC forum. These type of posts tend to actually give real information about the player and give a bit more of a background. Also people can choose to not read that particular post if they don't want to. It is also the most efficient way to find the owner of a server who actually wants a new staff member.
How To Actually Get Staff:
1. Join a server, preferably new but older is fine as long as there is not currently alot of staff members on it.
2. Don't ask about staff. Don't even bring it up to anyone and especially not the server owners or whoever makes those descisions.
3. Play for about a month being helpful to players and helping the server recruit new players.
4. Once the player base has come up ask the player in charge of staff about whether or not they are currently taking applications. If they say no leave it at that and wait a bit longer while still helping out and bringing in players. If they say yes then tell them you are interested in becoming a staff member and want to send in an application.
5. Make sure not to rage at players whether for declining your application or for killing you ingame
While most people want to get a staff position on a server begging for staff before playing is not how to go about it. The best way to get staff on a server would be by playing on it for a while, helping out others, and just being positive all around. Try to prove you can handle responsibility. Don't try to prove you deserve responsibility as this only seems pushy.
My Final Shoutout:
Hopefully I helped some people out who are wanting to be staff members on a server as well as some owners or players who wont have to listen to the whining of players asking for a staff position anymore. Maybe there could also be a forum section created just for staff member applications so owners can find new staff easily and players wanting to be staff wont have to spam other chats trying to draw attention to themselves.
Join us to post comments.