How to create a Good Factions Server
1,527Views, 4 today
Get Embed Code
Level 17 : Journeyman Engineer
Posted 09/19/12 3:02:34 pm , last updated: 09/22/12 12:22:41 pm
1. The first step to creating a factions server is obtaining a server. Not just any server, it has to be affordable, lag free, and have good support. Personally, I recommend AvengerHosting (http://www.avengerhosting.com). The reason I say this is because they are one of the cheapest I can find, I've never experienced any sort of lag, and my favorite part, they have live support! It's nice to be able to actually talk to them within seconds. With other companies, it can take up to 24 hours for a reply!
Let the company know who you are, how you intend to run your server, and how you plan to grow. Being friendly to their staff can earn you rewards.
2. Know how you want to create the server. Factions servers are meant to be Raiding servers. This means that players can PvP, use TNT, and grief.
3. Many different plugins are needed, probably more than you may think. Be sure to install one plugin at a time, configure it, and check it runs correctly before installing another. The plugins of a good server are listed below.
- ObbyDestruct (Optional)
4. Do something to make your server unique. FactionsPlus is an addition to Factions, which gives extra comands, such as Faction Warps. MobArena is also a good way to be unique. Also, be sure to create good Donation ranks, ranging from 10 to 50 dollars. Creative should NEVER be given, nor should fly be given.
5. Now that you have your plugins installed and configured, it is time to create your Spawn. Remember, the spawn is the first thing a player sees when logging into your server. The first minute on a server determines if a player likes it.
Don't create a spawn of diamond blocks, and lapis. More subtle spawns work better. Do something that makes the player go "Wow!" without making it expensive and shiny. Planks and CobbleStone can look great when used correctly.
Also, make sure that within sight of the spawn block, there is a Rules Board, Donation Board, and Staff Board.
6. A secondary world is also a must. However, unless you have at least 1500MB of RAM, do not attempt this. If you do have at least 1500MB of RAM, then create a second world, a flatland, and use it to create your structures. A PvP Arena, Donor Bank, Staff Creations, and whatever else you desire can go into this world. Be sure that players cannot escape out of these areas into the unused sections of the flatland world, or it may be abused.
7. Have a Good Staff. At least one moderator should be online for every 10 players. A good starting Staff is about 5 active people, and recruit more as needed. Friends are not always good moderators.
8. A good website should be made prior to becoming public. You can buy a website and create it yourself, from a site like http://www.avengerhosting.com , or you can use http://www.enjin.com to use a website editor.
9. Alright, you have now done everything that is required of a good server. It is now time to post on PlanetMinecraft. Be sure to have a good Banner, saying what your server is. Keep it short and proper. Be sure to have a good looking description, and many pictures to go along with your page.
10. Players should be flooding in now, and thanks to your preparation, they are not leaving in the first minute. You have now made certain players will enjoy and thrive on your server.
I hope you all profit from reading this tutorial, and please don't forget to subscribe to me! I check my inbox here at least once a day, so feel free to message me with any questions. I will be posting more in-depth tutorials soon!
|Tags:||Factions, Server, How, Create, Host, Hosting, Help, Tutorial|
Update #1 : 09/22/2012 12:22:41 pm9/22/12
Join us to post comments.