Home LAN and Pocket Edition? will they work together??

klmmc13's Avatar klmmc139/24/15 8:30 pm
10/3/2015 3:26 am
HeyItsPaul's Avatar HeyItsPaul
Greetings All!!

We have a home PC with 1.8.7 on it, and two Kindles with MCPE v0.12.1 alpha.

We'd like to build a world on the PC and be able to play together on the home network (NO INTERNET) LAN . We tried it, and the Kindles are NOT "seeing" the open LAN. All versions were purchased legit, and each has their own identity, so that's not the issue (at least, I don't THINK that's the problem).

We haven't been able to get the two kindles to link up to each other on the modem/LAN either.
Are there setting we need to change?
Are we doing something wrong?

we've been able to link all three together when we had 1.4.4 (cracked) so I know it's possible. Also found out that 1.5.2 canNOT link up with 1.8.7 as the base, but it will work the other way around.

Confused MamaDragon (pulling my hair out here)
klmmc13
Level 3 : Apprentice Miner

Create an account or sign in to comment.

10/03/2015 3:26 am
Level 6 : Apprentice Mage
HeyItsPaul
Like @BamBamAlicious ur name doe xd said, Windows 10 is very smooth. I'm seeing massive improvements.

Here is the connection chart: (100% made up by me)

+ PC (1.8.7) - lan - PC (1.8.7)
- PC (1.8.7) !- lan !- MCPE (0.11.1)
+ PC (Win10 Editon) - lan - MCPE (0.11.1)
- PC (1.8.7 same account) !- lan !- PC (1.8.7 same account)
+ PC (1.8.7 Cracked workaround) - lan - PC (1.8.7 Cracked workaround)

If it starts with "+" it works if it dosen't, no.
After it states version, if the connection is possible "-" or "!-" then the other version.

To do a cracked workaround.
Simply get something like MultiMC;
add the account to all of the pcs;
then play offline and set a different name for each;
then enjoy lan.
09/27/2015 10:47 pm
klmmc13
well, now you've hit the crux of the matter.... I'm not tech-able at all, and if it isn't a plug&play type setup.... i get lost & confused ( I learned programming when they were in clean-rooms, and had less memory than my cell-phone. too much to un-learn, i guess)
I wouldn't know the first thing about what drivers need to be updated, where to find them, how to install them,,, etc..... and one of my computer techs moved 150 miles away, and the other got married, and no longer takes outside clients.... best buy/Geek Squad aint cheap, and they're an hours drive away.
I'm looking for a new tech, and I'll let HIm / HER tackle installing 10 and doing all the updates.
Thanks for the advice and assistance everyone.
Kathy
MamaDragon and crowd.
10/03/2015 3:11 am
Level 6 : Apprentice Miner
BamBamAlicious
Just realised you replied so I'm a bit late, but let me see here.

Firstly, work out what computer you have, it will be printed on it somewhere.. i.e. Samsung A100, Dell Vostro 13x etc etc, then google that + drivers, and the manufacturer should have a drivers page. On there may be a help utility but if not, work through installing the various windows 10 drivers packages and you should notice big improvements in the performance of your machine!
09/25/2015 6:35 am
Level 6 : Apprentice Miner
BamBamAlicious
At this exact moment in time, there isn't a way to connect 1.8.7 and the PE edition together.

If you want to play on the PC and tablets together you will have to get the Win 10 edition, (Free with a valid paid Minecraft version!)

With regards to your windows 10 issues. Its well know that win10 installs base M$ drivers for all your pc software. You have to go and get updated drivers from manufacturers websites to get everything working again, but once you have done this... it's well worth the upgrade! I have 5 devices on Win10 now in my house, and the interoperability is incredible!
09/24/2015 9:59 pm
klmmc13
we no longer HAVE the cracked versions..... and when I bought the 1.8.7 version, I (mistakenly) thought we'd be able to install and play it on all three computers in the house for just the one license ( I have all kinds of games and software that this is possible, but not with this one apparently).

My sister gave the kids KindleFires' recently, and for a birthday, bought MCPE for each of them.

I did upgrade to Windows10 for all of 30 minutes. Half of my software wouldn't work, and I couldn't control ANYTHING (If I'd wanted tablet controls for my computer... I'd have bought a tablet! ) Un-installed win10, and I'm still trying to get my computer restored back to "Normal Working Order", as this is used for business as well as after-hours pleasure.

Guess I'll have to give it another re-think.
Ah well, such is life. Guess I'm spending another $$$$ for additional licenses.
09/24/2015 10:20 pm
Level 11 : Journeyman Explorer
53MP3RF1
While it isn't possible to have three people playing the game from the same account, I believe it is possible to circumvent it as long as you play on LAN (possibly running the game in Offline mode, or something?). The reason why the game is that way is because when players play online multiplayer, the game assigns the account joining the server that account's name. Having multiple of the same account trying to connect and play online at the same time would confuse the game.

That's odd you had trouble with Windows. I upgraded and it went pretty smoothly. Perhaps there was a changed setting with your computer that messed everything up? If you're up for it, I'd say try an upgrade once again. It's fairly simple, and there are plenty of tutorials online for how to get the PC up and running again if something isn't functioning correctly (you can also ask on here!). Were there specific programs that wouldn't work? If you upgraded within a week of the OS's launch, it may have been compatibility issues as not all software had been given the Windows 10 patch to optimize it for the new operating system.

If you're looking for a cheaper way to get legitimate accounts, there are services that exist that sell Minecraft CD Keys for cheaper than market value (a website called G2A is one, but I won't link it here because they've had some somewhat sketchy dealings in the past and while the site seems safe it raises some alarms in my mind). There are also people who sell pre-made Minecraft accounts for cheap (usually between $1 and $5), but this can be sketchy as well because they usually get the accounts from other players who either willingly (or unwillingly) gave their account information to the seller. Otherwise, the Mojang website or certain stores like Gamestop or Best Buy are places you can buy the game.
09/24/2015 9:15 pm
Level 11 : Journeyman Explorer
53MP3RF1
klmmc13Greetings All!!

We have a home PC with 1.8.7 on it, and two Kindles with MCPE v0.12.1 alpha.

We'd like to build a world on the PC and be able to play together on the home network (NO INTERNET) LAN . We tried it, and the Kindles are NOT "seeing" the open LAN. All versions were purchased legit, and each has their own identity, so that's not the issue (at least, I don't THINK that's the problem).

We haven't been able to get the two kindles to link up to each other on the modem/LAN either.
Are there setting we need to change?
Are we doing something wrong?

we've been able to link all three together when we had 1.4.4 (cracked) so I know it's possible. Also found out that 1.5.2 canNOT link up with 1.8.7 as the base, but it will work the other way around.

Confused MamaDragon (pulling my hair out here)

Do you have the ability to upgrade to Windows 10 (it should allow you as long as you have a copy of Windows 7 or Windows 8.1 on your PC now)? If you do, I would upgrade to it as it allows you to have access to the Windows 10 Edition of Minecraft for free (as long as you have a paid normal PC account, which you do). This Windows 10 Edition is essentially the same as Minecraft: Pocket Edition and it can communicate with Minecraft: Pocket Edition to play together.

Outside of that, there really is no way to do what you're hoping to. It is possible to make Minecraft: PC worlds and port them onto Minecraft: Pocket Edition (as detailed here and here) but it is quite a long process and not worth the effort. As to direct compatibility between the PC version of Minecraft and the pocket edition, it is not currently possible to play together. As to your comment about it working with 1.4.4, you said that it was a cracked version of Minecraft - this is unsupported and could end up being dangerous to the systems involved (not likely, but still a possibility). If you scoured the web it may be possible to find something that would work, but it wouldn't be worth the effort. I'd say your best bet is to upgrade to Windows 10 if possible and get the new Windows 10 Edition of Minecraft for free.

Good luck! =)
09/24/2015 8:49 pm
klmmc13
can't put windows anything onto a Kindle....
if you meant Win10 on the pc.... Why would I want to change OS?
09/24/2015 8:38 pm
Level 1 : New Network
GeoVillage
u need windows 10 edition
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome