CandyCraft

CaptainMalone's Avatar CaptainMalone9/29/11 11:20 pm
2/1/2012 12:46 am
CaptainMalone's Avatar CaptainMalone
The current project for my 3D design course is to create candy and a package for said candy. We will be animating it in such a way that it might be used for a commercial. I have decided to do MineCraft themed hard candies in a chest-shaped box. It's nowhere near done, but I will be posting images here along the way, just in case anyone is interested!

First render of candies

First render of the box (still need to add printed "texture" image to side panels)

Does anyone have any suggestions? Am I making a tragic mistake in not including any particular food? Should the chest get the texture, or stay with its current flat colors?
CaptainMalone
Level 59 : Grandmaster Pixel Painter

Create an account or sign in to comment.

Exurbia
01/31/2012 5:50 pm
Level 62 : High Grandmaster Elf
That is just, THE MOST AWESOME THING EVER! So, it's a school project right?
Happybandaid
01/31/2012 5:47 pm
Level 44 : Master Scribe
Aaaaaa-mazing!

I totally think you /should/ show it to Notch! =D
ot23
01/30/2012 10:42 pm
Level 13 : Journeyman Taco
OMGOMG redstone = LICORICE! lol im such a freak...
CaptainMalone
02/01/2012 12:46 am
Not a bad idea. Not bad at all. (brb, gotta go eat some licorice, my mouth is watering in torrents now)

HappybandaidAaaaaa-mazing!

I totally think you /should/ show it to Notch! =D

I would love to, but I'm still trying to figure out how to actually get his attention. I'm sure the poor fellow gets 400 emails a day with the subject: "★★★MY AMAZING NEW MINECRAFT-RELATED IDEA★★★"

Mayhaps I should send him a physical mock-up? Of course, then I'd have to find his actual address...

jgsampsoThat is just, THE MOST AWESOME THING EVER! So, it's a school project right?

Yup.
CaptainMalone
01/30/2012 10:41 pm
I just realized that I forgot to upload the final version of this render. Hope you guys like it!
[youtube]www.youtube.com/watch?v=2K0mMm0hII8[/youtube]
If you would like to see these made, you can help the idea get noticed here.
CaptainMalone
10/06/2011 11:50 pm
First animation render:
[youtube]www.youtube.com/watch?v=p_PIYetCw9M[/youtube]
Things to do:
  • Change that awful, awkward reflection
  • Add candies
  • Make breaking animation longer?
  • Somehow show the cardboard box for longer
BlackFTW
10/06/2011 9:24 pm
Level 39 : Artisan Miner
How could you forget about bread D:

Awesome work dude! Would they taste like whatever they are?
CaptainMalone
10/06/2011 11:42 pm
Haha, I would hope they wouldn't actually make beef and fish taste realistic. I was thinking of blue raspberry for fish, root beer for beef, strawberry for melons, cherry for apples, and cotton candy for golden apples.

As for bread, I just didn't think it would look all that great in the style of the candies. *shrugs* I guess maybe in the next update.
CaptainMalone
10/06/2011 9:21 pm
Behold, Minesnaks!
I should totally send this to Notch and see if he'll have them manufactured for the Minecon.
Kytoko
09/29/2011 11:40 pm
Level 23 : Expert Network
I may have to move lol thanks for the info and nice work! Keep going
CaptainMalone
09/29/2011 11:37 pm
I think it probably all depends on the computer, but at the school's Mac lab, it's pretty reliable. It's crashed once or twice on me, but to be honest, I was messing around and probably pushing it too hard when it did. It tends to autosave right before crashes, and boots fast, and renders fast, which really shocked me.
Kytoko
09/29/2011 11:29 pm
Never used it, I;ve heard it mentioned a couple of times though, let's be fair 3Ds Max is a ***** to use I like Cinema 4D for it's simple GUI and easy to find things, is Modo reliable? My C4D crashes.. a lot
CaptainMalone
09/29/2011 11:26 pm
Luxology's Modo. Fantastic program, I've found it to be the easiest of all I've used (Blender, 3DS Max.) The reflections should be simple enough and will really look nice when animated, thanks for the idea!
Kytoko
09/29/2011 11:23 pm
Blender?

Keep the chest the same color(s), maybe add a slight reflection to the "chrome" areas (I use Cinema 4D so it might be different depending on what you use)
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome