MC Fanfic - I remember - Chapter 1

alienlace's Avatar alienlace4/2/12 2:52 pm
1 emeralds 127 6
4/2/2012 3:31 pm
trenty43's Avatar trenty43
My story begins as so many others on a beach, where I was sitting down, looking at the water. The beach stretched from as far as my eye could see to the west to as far as I could see to the east. There were no waves, but ripples on the surface. The sea was vast, and there was no land in sight.

I had looked everywhere except behind my back, and to be honest, I felt scared to turn around. I worried that what I would see would disappoint me, since I had no memory of this beach or what I should expect. I stood up, thinking I did not recognize this ocean. When I looked down at my hands, I couldn't remember who they belonged to. I took a few steps forward, to the water. I saw my reflection and flinched. It wasn't what I thought it would be. My mirror image was a rugged looking man with brown hair and a goatee.

I went down on my knees, hoping I could see the colour of my eyes. I was inches away from the surface, when unbeknownst to me, a giant squid swam towards me. Before I knew it, it had leaped into the air and smacked into my face before somersaulting back into the ocean. As it swam away, I could see it's mouth through the clear water. It was smiling. I started laughing with it, although it's acrobatic manoeuvres had hurt quite a bit. I scratched my head as I turned around to see what was waiting behind me. It was something green and beautiful; an amazing sight that I will never forget. It was a jungle of tall, thick trees.

The sun slowly dissapeared below the horizon to the west, and the moon emerged from under it to the east. I looked at the moon that was tinting the world in blue, asking her for guidance.
“Should I make my way along the beach towards the east? Or towards the west? Or head into the jungle?

---------------------------------

Now it's Your turn, because You are the Moon. Which path should our hero choose? The first of the three options to get three votes in the comments will be what I base my next chapter on. Critique would be much appreciated as well.
alienlace
Level 35 : Artisan Artist