Custom floating Island with World edit

IamMaloriac's Avatar IamMaloriac5/21/14 2:02 am
1 emeralds 1.3k 2
5/21/2014 2:10 am
IamMaloriac's Avatar IamMaloriac
Hello, this is my first guide on here! So here is an idea I had for making a floating island with world edit, it is a nice and quick way to mass produce a bunch of floating islands for whatever you are building!

First, start off with a nice flat surface and dig a very generic hole, in this one I had it just slope down towards the middle.

Afterwards I selected the area around the pit that i dug. Then I used the //smooth command. In this one i used it twice, using it more will make you're island more flat, more natural looking.

Make sure you fill in any weird holes, it just helps you later one.

Now i used the overlay section on my selected area, on this one used it three times using brick. The command I used //overlay brick

After using the overlay command make sure to fill in any holes, again this makes it easier later on.

Now copy paste your island, the wool and the brick, into a new location.

Just remove the wool, make sure you set a new selection on your island. I used the command: //replace wool 0 this just changes all the wool blocks into air blocks.

Now, this depends on how many layers you used to overlay to make the island from your mold. I used three so I removed the top three layers from the island.

After that's done fill in the top and make your island into what ever material you want, you can do this earlier too, I just prefer to do it in a non natural block. For this island I used stone.

Now that you have the base for the island done, you can do what ever you want with it, I used the command //naturalize to add 3 layers of dirt and grass to the top of the island.

Now I like to add some height to the top of the island to make it look a little bit more natural, this is all up to preference.

Here is my finished project!

If you want me to make a guide on how to hand build a floating island like these ones http://www.planetminecraft.com/project/the-floating-islands-2821288/ tell me below!
Thanks for reading, hope this helped!
IamMaloriac
Level 16 : Journeyman Miner