Making a Zombie map, need ideas

Engineer_Focus's Avatar Engineer_Focus3/9/23 10:34 pm
7/1/2023 5:07 am
Engineer_Focus's Avatar Engineer_Focus
So, im making this zombie survival map "The Endless Night - Survival" its a small town. i have a resturant, gas station, hotel turned military outpost, spawn house, and some parks and others, any suggestions?
Engineer_Focus
Level 14 : Journeyman Architect

Create an account or sign in to comment.

CelticCraftress
05/28/2023 11:03 pm
Level 14 : Journeyman Artist
Graveyard, Flies and More realistic Textures
Engineer_Focus
07/01/2023 5:07 am
ye i made a Graveyard. but i try not to use data packs or textures to make it accessible to all yk?
RiceWithSoy
03/10/2023 5:46 pm
Level 1 : New Explorer
if your zombie map is more on the arcade side, you can have two(or more) zones you separate with a wall of some sort you can generate with fills and setblocks and make it a execute if entity a@ level=[ x ].. so the player has something to survive for, then when you reset the map or smth you can reset the wall too
Engineer_Focus
03/10/2023 6:33 pm
This is a "Project Zomboid Situation, basically you arent a hero or anything. Its all about how long you can survive in your small hometown.
UncleBase
03/10/2023 4:13 pm
Level 34 : Artisan Nerd
How about making every street, back alley, corridor, park etc., feel extremely claustrophobic? I remember playing the original Resident Evil games (1,2 & 3), and one reason they worked so well, is that you always feel trapped. They are games where every street is blocked by objects like burning cars.

Once you have the size of the town decided, you could set it partway up a mountain with an impossible-to-climb cliff on one side, and a drop on the other. Height changes really work on those types of maps, so:
  • water tower
  • basements
  • abandoned mine on the edge of town
  • Radio/TV Tower
Engineer_Focus
03/10/2023 4:44 pm
Yeah, i have little i guess "walkways" to cut through streets that have spawners and are surrounded by hedges, and how the border of the map is gonna work, is that you're in a quarantine zone. So there's military blockades. In some areas you can even see villagers on the other side.
UncleBase
03/11/2023 12:53 pm
Yes, that's exactly it. The quarantine zone sounds like a good idea to close off the town.
Engineer_Focus
03/11/2023 3:34 pm
its to give you the feeling of being trapped, you can see the villagers living a normal life, and can even find a refugee camp with a few villagers you can trade with, its to make it feel like you're not the lone survivor
Redlegdaddy
03/10/2023 12:37 am
Level 24 : Expert Warrior
Zombie Idea's
-Variety zombie summons by adding custom heads to your summon commands.
-Themed special zombies linked to the area you are in aka Waitress Kelly, Chef Robert for the restaurant.
-Integrate different spawning mechanics, example would be periodic spawns around the player etc (maybe even events like in Zomboid)
-Crawling zombies. You can accomplish this by posing armor stands using commands and then binding them to an invisible zombie =D.

Area Idea's
-Randomly spawning residential areas using commands.
-Junkyard, a possible area to secure metal for crafting (you can basically assume randomly generated for all these =)
-Run down amusement park
-Airport
-Mountain area
-City Hall

Other Idea's
-Random loot from both zombo's and chests
-Timer events
-Unlimited random world
Engineer_Focus
03/10/2023 12:57 am
i can do the area ideas, no clue how to do anything with commands tho. Lmao. idk how to do custom heads or anything lol
Redlegdaddy
03/10/2023 1:05 am
You can make the themed zombies without any commands just by using name tags and colored leather armor. Spawn em in with eggs, use a named name tag, throw armor at them =D.
Engineer_Focus
03/10/2023 1:15 am
lol true, there is a resturant where theres book talking about how the chef is gonna go down fighting, so maybe ill add him with an axe or smth
Antroz0n
03/09/2023 11:18 pm
Level 43 : Master Architect
Maybe a cemetery? (Unless it's too generic).
Engineer_Focus
03/09/2023 11:20 pm
yeah ill try that! Thanks
Antroz0n
03/09/2023 11:20 pm
Level 43 : Master Architect
You're welcome, I hope your survival map goes well! (^_^)
Trainerkn
03/09/2023 10:49 pm
Eerie library vibe may do you some good! Good work, and good luck on your project!
Engineer_Focus
03/09/2023 11:02 pm
Not a bad idea, maybe the library was a police holdout, used as a like hospital, then they turned and the library is just crawling. Thanks for the idea
Redlegdaddy
03/09/2023 10:47 pm
Zombie gorge is a valley-style zone with tons of zombies. The player's goal is not to kill them but rather to retrieve an item from a set spot in the zone.
Engineer_Focus
03/09/2023 11:02 pm
This is more of a Project Zomboid type deal, your goal is just to survive never ending hordes of zombies
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome