Displaying a score using entity names

Nedyar10's Avatar Nedyar106/5/16 7:28 pm
6/5/2016 8:41 pm
Nedyar10's Avatar Nedyar10
I would like it so that it could summon an entity (for example, an ArmorStand) that will be named based on a scoreboard score. I made a dummy scoreboard called "Kills". I would like it so that an invisible armor stand will show the score by displaying its name, showing the number of kills you have. Is this possible to do? Thanks in advance. I really love the advices you guys gave me in the past
Nedyar10
Level 15 : Journeyman Lumberjack

Create an account or sign in to comment.

06/05/2016 8:41 pm
Level 15 : Journeyman Lumberjack
Nedyar10
Oh that's sad... thanks for the answers though
06/05/2016 8:19 pm
Level 32 : Artisan Architect
TheArchitect_95
Alternatively, if there is a fixed amount of possible scores, have a testfor command block for each one and summon a named armour stand from those.
06/05/2016 7:56 pm
Level 29 : Expert Caveman
Lexxer
The short answer: no.
You can't summon an entity and name it based on a scoreboard, because the tag "CustomName:" only allow strings.

However, depending on what you want the name of the entity for, there are other options:
1.If you want to name the entity, so that you can use its name to create test, there would be a way to do this, with the tell raw command
/tellraw @p ["",{"score":{"name":"selector","objective":"objective"},"insertion":"Text"}]

2.If you want to name the entity, just to name it(?) you could set up a whole bunch of commandBlocks and spawn entities, with different names depending on the objectives value.

(Sorry if this is a bit messy, it 2am, right now)
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome