A lil Redstone help/advice required

Captain_Awesum's Avatar Captain_Awesum4/26/14 11:55 am
4/26/2014 1:11 pm
Maveriknight's Avatar Maveriknight
Hey folks,

So i been working on a nice simple clean rail system for mining and came up with a T-section design that seemed to work well.

Now I have tunnels going in four directions and rails on either side of the tunnel where the minecart goes and picks up and several drop off points and takes it back to the main entrance. After allot of messing with the rail and detectors i finally got it to work in all four directions on all four sides............ until the mine cart comes from the (in this image right) and has more than 1 stack of items in it then the detector rail detects it coming back and activates instead of it letting passed back to the main area. 1 stack or empty the whole system works perfectly but more than one stack and all of a sudden it gets stuck in a loop.......

Any suggestions on an easy fix? and why must minecarts be so difficult to control (direction wise) is there any simple way to control where they go?

Captain_Awesum
Level 33 : Artisan Dragon

Create an account or sign in to comment.

Maveriknight
04/26/2014 1:11 pm
Level 18 : Journeyman Engineer
idk, I actually discovered a way to make an engine that will push you at full speed on any rail, with a minor faults that cause a need for a reset from time to time.
Captain_Awesum
04/26/2014 12:39 pm
they are a pain in the rear end to get going where you want them too sadly, Mojang could really use a overhaul of the system /shrug.
Maveriknight
04/26/2014 12:37 pm
it may just be coincidence, but maybe not. im not a rail engineer, really, I tend to specialize in regular Redstone and now command blocks too, but I've been trying to improve my rail engineering.
Captain_Awesum
04/26/2014 12:32 pm
coming, i know what was happening but was hoping to avoid that as it means a complete redesign, but still it only happens when there is two stacks or more which is bizarre. to my eye's clearly a bug.
Maveriknight
04/26/2014 12:27 pm
dude,the cart's clearly triggering the pressure pad there, for some reason. is that it coming, or going? cause it if's coming, just move the entire array away from the detector one, and see what happens.
Captain_Awesum
04/26/2014 12:20 pm

Captain_Awesum
04/26/2014 12:14 pm
in this image it only happens when it comes from the right, and hits the rail just before the intersection. When it has one stack of items it goes straight through but when it has two or more stacks the detector rail triggers making the cart go into the pick up station thingy and then it goes back to the right and get's stuck in a loop. it only works perfectly if empty or has only 1 stack.
Maveriknight
04/26/2014 12:09 pm
Hmm, it's sorta tricky to tell what your problem is from the picture and explanation. can you add a second screenie of the direction it's coming from?
Captain_Awesum
04/26/2014 12:02 pm
isn't that what the detector rail technically does?
kaih2o
04/26/2014 11:59 am
Level 14 : Journeyman Dragon
you could power the rail that turns.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome