I need help with a timer.

Mr_Tryma's Avatar Mr_Tryma12/16/12 11:50 pm
1 emeralds 331 9
12/22/2012 2:35 am
Mr_Tryma's Avatar Mr_Tryma
I need help with a timer.

I am making a hide and seek minigame, and this is how it works?

1 person is randomly chosen to be the seeker. The other people then have 60 seconds to run away.

The seeker wins by 'catching' all of the players. The hiders wins by 'hiding' for 5 minutes.

The problem is, I don't know how to stop the timer that allows the hiders to win when the seeker has already one. I'm sorry if the explanation wasn't that great, feel free to ask me any questions if you are confused. I'll post some screenshots to help you understand.

Stupid pictures didn't work

But, this doesnt work, because it is only a buuton. If I put a lever in, how would I turn the lever off?

Please help. Thanks.
~Mr_Tryma
Mr_Tryma
Level 12 : Journeyman Engineer

Create an account or sign in to comment.

12/17/2012 9:23 am
Level 11 : Journeyman Mage
dusk5
i have skype, yea login name dusk5555
12/17/2012 5:16 am
Level 11 : Journeyman Mage
dusk5
hm.. if i could see it....
im good with redstone and im pretty sure i could fix the problem but i need to look at the redstone itself to fix it, i have plenty of experience with redstone and have managed to make a memory game from redstone (a light flashes in a certain order and you have to hit them in the order to win) but yea, if i could see the circuitry i could help ya get the hide and seek thing working
12/17/2012 8:05 am
Mr_Tryma
How do you want me to show it to you? If you have Skype I could send you the map.
12/17/2012 5:09 am
Mr_Tryma
I was thinking of locking every single repeater I have placed, but I haven't left myself enough room .
12/17/2012 2:42 am
Level 31 : Artisan Creeper
BreakForthStudios
As this is multiplayer this sounds like it might be easier to do with a plugin but as you already have some redstone you may as well carry on.

There is a very small piston clock that I am using which when powered by redstone stops ticking. I'll see if i can find it on youtube.

As for checking if the seeker has won. You could always have the caught people be killed by the seeker and then they teleport back to a spawn point and have to cross a pressure plate. This pressure plate sends pulses to an RSNOR latch array. When all the latches have been changed in this array then the seeker wins, a redstone signal is sent to the piston clock to stop the timer from incrementing.
12/22/2012 12:13 am
Level 1 : New Crafter
hisuii
There's a flaw in that design with the checking system. A player could walk over the pressure plate many times to make the seeker win, even when all the hiders haven't been found
12/22/2012 2:35 am
Mr_Tryma
I already made the map and posted it. You can find it here:

http://www.planetminecraft.com/project/hide-and-seek-minigame/
12/17/2012 4:25 am
Mr_Tryma
I have already figured out how to detect when the seeker has won, it's just the timer I'm stuck on.
12/17/2012 2:31 am
Mr_Tryma
I just realized that I know have absolutely no clue how to do this, after looking over my redstone. PLEASE HELP
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome