My Redstone Map

staples1989's Avatar staples198910/27/13 4:09 am
1 emeralds 406 2
10/27/2013 1:35 pm
staples1989's Avatar staples1989
Ive been putting together a map for all of my redstone creations and redstone information, like logic gates and what not. I just wanted to post it and see what people thought about it and if they have any ideas to add. I cant really do anything advanced like the redstone computers and what not but i would love to see what people could add to this map or inprove and see what all i dont know about redstone, or maybe even teach someone a thing or two about it, anyways please let me know what you think about it, if you do decide to add try to keep to the basic layout if you can, on side is for basic redstone demonstrations and the other side is actual redstone creations

xp grinder
automatic nether portal
disco floor
moving sidewalk
misc automatic stuff
and one large (well i think its large) everything farm machine thingy
a two floor elevator
hidden doors, staircases, etc
a one person lava bridge (allows only one person to cross)
player killer and looter (or mob)
mining trap
automatic enchanting table
automatic furnace
archery target practice
cobblestone and smooth stone generators
grapple hook system (with command blocks)
a hidden door with a lock for it
a house that is equipped with with automatic food dispenser (fills it self up) cobblestone generator, and automatic lights for when it gets dark out
and has as many versions of logic gates i could find or decided to include

Everything is labeled to in it for reference

http://www.mediafire.com/download/wme1p ... ayplay.zip

[simg]img69.imageshack.us/img69/757/7n9f.jpg[/img]
staples1989
Level 22 : Expert Crafter

Create an account or sign in to comment.

Statistical
10/27/2013 12:59 pm
Level 38 : Artisan Electrician
Just a note: For a post with a lot of images you should use "[simg]" instead of "[img] for your pictures, that way they will fit the post.

I looked over the map, here's my thoughts on it:
-Your smaller single-purpose circuits are good. I really like that you took the time to show how to make circuits more than one way.

-The T flip-flops you used could be improved by having the pistons push a redstone block. Also, the design you used is very old, there are much faster designs out there.

-In your bigger contraptions you used a lot of endless repeater clocks. While this works, it is very bad redstone design. In the future make all clocks toggleable. Redstone should never be running if it doesn't need to be.

-Your redstone buses in the bigger contraptions are somewhat sloppy and large. Compacting things like this comes with time, so don't worry about it very much. (and it's totally fine for a first try on any contraption) You also used a lot of "torch towers" to transmit signals up. These can be useful, but you lose a lot of speed. Try using towers of half slabs when you want speed.

-The auto furnace is pointless when you have to press a button to put in each cookable item. That makes it less automatic than a regular furnace.

-In "hidden door with lock" the door design looks ancient. You can make the same door in a 2X6X4 area (when closed). Look around for newer designs.

-I noticed this a few times. You used repeaters pointing into pistons instead of simply putting redstone on a block next to the piston. This is a pet peeve of mine because it wastes space and makes the contraption slower.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
That's my thoughts on it. Feel free to ask for clarification on any of my points.

Hopefully this will help you become a great redstoner!
staples1989
10/27/2013 1:35 pm
Level 22 : Expert Crafter
Thanks for the post! this is the kinda feed back i was looking for. Yeah i know alot of the designs are either old or just clunky. the old ones i did long ago (mcedit copy and paste ftw) and never updated since they worked or just needed little tweaking. the clunky ones are ones i tried making myself without looking up someone elses design (like the furnace and the smooth stone generator and some other misc stuff) as for the automatic furnace i just keep it a push button so it doesnt use everything in the chests when im not at it. as for the other ideas like the tower half slabs and stuff i will try to switch everything over, didnt know that about the torch towers and flip flops. The circuts i did look them up so i would have a reference for them and i plan on adding other variations new and old. anyways thanks for the post could use more like that
thanks for the image help there it was driving me nuts trying to get it working
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome