How to install skins?? (Newbie Question)

klmmc13's Avatar klmmc137/25/15 10:57 pm
1 emeralds 6.4k 3
7/29/2015 2:39 pm
PaperDragon1's Avatar PaperDragon1
Hey Guys,
I personally don't have any skins yet, mainly because there are Too many to choose from. Hopefully I will get one soon, but I don't know where to put them.
So, How do I Install the skins to so that i can use them in-game?
I would appreciate the help as a budding computer nerd. As i plan to go into computer programming, I know a little bit of code, enough to know whether something has gone wrong or worked. But other than that I am still learning. Any advice on that would be appreciated as well...
So, as i was saying, I would like to know whatever code I need to know as a Minecraft player (such as cheats for teleporting another player to me, rather than me to them), where to put skins, and preferably how to make them.
Thanks A Lot Guys!
-WolfGuide
Oldest Son of MamaDragon
klmmc13
Level 3 : Apprentice Miner

Create an account or sign in to comment.

07/29/2015 2:39 pm
Level 50 : Grandmaster Kitten
PaperDragon1
On PMC you can also just click the "Change my Skin" button and it will take you to minecraft.net so that you can log in. After logging in, it will already have that skin chosen for you, and all you have to do is select the correct model.
07/26/2015 2:50 am
Level 38 : Artisan Ladybug
Lucy_the_Cow
Firstly, login at http://www.minecraft.net using your email & MC password.
Next, go to "Profile" which can be found at the top of the page.
Click the "Choose File" button and find the skin you would like to use (you will need to have it downloaded to your computer). Then choose either the Steve (4x4 Arm Model) or Alex Model (3x3 Arm Model). The skin should specify which model it is. If you found your skin on PMC it will tell you what model was used. Finally, click the 'Upload" button. It may take a bit for your skin to update, but soon you'll be playing with your new skin. c:

As for teleporting players to you, the Vanilla command is "/tphere [player]", eg: "/tphere Lucy_the_Cow", whilst the essentials command is "/tpahere [player]" (to ask them for permission to teleport to you) or "/tpohere [player]" (same as tphere, they needn't accept the request).

I saw you also asked how to make skins? Personally, I use GIMP but it can be a bit tricky to use. http://www.needcoolshoes.com/ is a simple skin editor, and allows you to merge skins together - keep in mind though, skins made using skin making programs cannot be uploaded to PMC. You can find others by typing "Minecraft Skin Editor Online" into google, if NeedCoolShoes gives you trouble. NovaSkin also has a pretty neat editor as well.
07/26/2015 1:14 am
Level 7 : Apprentice Explorer
TylanderGD47
on your minecraft.net profile, theres a litttle change skin button. upload a file on it and use it (reccomend universal format). Its simple really
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome