SSPBL S5 FINALS: -Lunatique vs. Allergy_Man

DragonsDungeon's Avatar DragonsDungeon β€’ 6/17/22 3:04 pm history
37 emeralds 927 19
6/21/2022 10:22 am
Zibonzi's Avatar Zibonzi
-Lunatique vs. Allergy_Man
Welcome to the SSPBL season 5 finals between -Lunatique and Allergy_Man. After a season which has seen many great skins and many fantastic match-ups we're now down to just one last match of brilliant skins. This poll will determine who your SSPBL Season 5 champion will be! The gimmick this week was that there wasn't a gimmick, both skinners were given the same 12 colours to make their skins from, and so they have!
Let's see what they made

Remember to vote for your favourite skin to win! The poll will run for 3 days, so get your vote in as soon as possible!

Poll ended 06/20/2022 3:04 pm.

DragonsDungeon
Level 76 : Legendary Button Pusher

Create an account or sign in to comment.

06/21/2022 10:22 am
Level 30 : Artisan Theorist
Zibonzi
Congrats Allergy_Man !!!
06/21/2022 5:48 am
Level 84 : Elite Jarl
Aspirin60
Congrats to winning this PBL Allergy man!!
06/21/2022 4:18 am
Level 39 : Artisan Explorer
Hansby
Haha Allergy_man go brrrrr.
06/20/2022 4:37 pm
Level 41 : Master Nerd
Kefaku
congrats for winning Allergy_Man πŸŽ‰
great work ^^
06/19/2022 6:04 pm
Level 49 : Master Blockhead
Sunny
haha funny chest monster
06/19/2022 6:51 pm
Level 38 : Artisan uwu
SEfaught
ο»Ώπ•π”Όπ•Š
06/18/2022 5:18 pm
Level 1 : New Explorer
Etheriome
Since a lot of people seem to vote for Jungle Warrior skin, I have to express my opinion. I voted for the chest monster. Even of the structure of the skin is kinda weird, I mean that it's not clear that's it is a chest opening its mouth, the result in term of shading is still gorgeous. And in the end the skin looks good in its structure while not really clear in my opinion. It also has nice balance between zones with a lot of pixels, and a "void" zone (shoulders mostly) that contrast and tho create more relief to the skin in general. There is also a smart research of textures, wood (noticeable on the ass of the skin, and gold lines)

Concerning the jungle warrior, first it has been posted 6 days later... but that's not a relevant argument since I'm not in Allergy man's personal life obviously. What struck me is the poor quality of shading, I mean, the back of the head looks like the most simple shading, continuous, pixel by pixel. It's kind of the same for the face, where you can clearly see the vertical lines becoming darker the more you look from the center to the border of the face (I hope that sentence was clear).

An other element that attract my attention is the top back of this skin. That green liana I guess, just looks so weird, there is no light shading, there is near to no shading at all... It's one color, and the borders have each an other color. The same applies on the tail, there is no lighting spot, just one color, even is the light blue gives more relief to the object.
I don't really know what the yellow part is in the left leg, above the "boot". The more I look at it, the more I feel the skin was rushed, the right kind of golden hand for example has near to no shading, while the left one had more relief...
And also, the 'interior' parts of the skin looks sloppy ; I mean the side of the arms, or the leg, that you never see ya know (especially the right arm), which is ... fine, but in the final of a tournament idk, it seems too easy for me.

For kind of a technical conclusion, I would compare the integration of the tongue on Lunatique's skin, and the liana on the back of Allergy's one. In lunatique's skin you can see a subtle shadow where the tongue is above the chest (lower right, from the skin itself point of view of the chest part), while the liana is not integrated at all, it has really dark surrounding, but the top of the back of the chest is suddenly colorful for some reason...

(english is not my first langage so if a sentence or a lot of sentences are gibberish, just tell me =D).

I want to make a lot point, which is irrelevant in the finale, which is the other skins by Lunatique and Allergy man. I find that deep sea diver was a reaaally good skin, moon knight and underworld dragon were fine skins. But for Lunatique's part, everything except maybe exciled sniper were masterclass, especially clouded memory.

I hope my comment will convince people to vote for Chest Monster (which is by the way, a way more original concept than jungle warrior, which has not so much things linked to the jungle...), or at least make evolve people's point of view, create debate etc.

It's only my opinion, I wouldn't want anybody to answer me saying "well no one cares about your opinion" or I don't know what.
06/19/2022 11:35 am
Level 75 : Legendary Gent
Zitzabis
Hey, appreciate your input on this and you make very valid points!
However I feel like there was one point that was missing.

This is SSPBL which means both contestants are working off of a given limited color palette. The simple reason for voting for a skin should be "I like this skin the most". Which, you have explained why you like Chest Monster the most. Which is totally fair!

However, best use of the palette given should also be taken into account. From a technical perspective, I believe Allergy did better at incorporating a wider range of colours in their shading. However, I fully concede that the shading on Lunatique's skin is a lot cleaner.

Just wanted to remind people that best usage of the given palette is a factor to be considered when voting. I'm not telling you how you need to vote, but certainly keep it in mind that this entire contest is focused around skin artists being challenged by palettes. :)
06/19/2022 2:30 pm
Level 1 : New Explorer
Etheriome
You're right, I absolutely didn't take that aspect in account.
06/18/2022 8:22 pm
Level 62 : High Grandmaster Explorer
-Lunatique
respect for the time put into writing this comment, as for the clearness of my skin's design, i think it's most apparent that it's a chest opening its mouth when looked at from a diagonal angle like so:

screenshots
06/17/2022 10:35 pm
Level 34 : Artisan Dragon
Gigagleam
I vote for Jungle Warrior, yeah!!
06/17/2022 5:31 pm
Level 60 : High Grandmaster Batman
PureNerd
πŸ‘οΈπŸ‘οΈ what the-
06/17/2022 5:15 pm
Level 18 : Journeyman Skinner
Fyniti
This was such a difficult vote! I had to go with the Jungle Warrior but they're both so good! Best of luck to you both :)
06/17/2022 5:09 pm
Level 68 : High Grandmaster Paladin
LogMaiden
Dang, both are so rad. I enjoy the whimsical nature of the mimic chest monster but I’m giving my vote to the jungle warrior. The lighting done on it is very nice.
06/17/2022 3:27 pm
Level 23 : Expert Explorer
ImQuiting404
I am so sorry, Too hard to choose one.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome