So I got this idea...

Mcguiver178's Avatar Mcguiver1787/14/14 2:25 am
7/15/2014 2:21 pm
Mcguiver178's Avatar Mcguiver178
I have been experimenting with some server plugins for over a month now and got this idea of a world that I am already building on my free time that consists of a few kingdoms ran by players with the objective of winning PVP events created weekly, a call to the kingdoms to meet in the arena of the world kind of thing.

I imagine each kingdom having its own housing system, townhouse, mines, and pvp training grounds for the king of each nation to start off, each nation would have their own strength which I will try to balance out (ex: "a nation rich in obsidian, another rich in sandstone, the other one rich in iron, etc...").

between these kingdoms there will be neutral grounds or plots that players will be able to buy and that will be off-limits to the wars casualties, but will live in a survival world, protecting their property from all kind of customized mobs.

There will be treaties between nations that will allow the allied players to share certain "buffs" or new unlocked features like a "mercader road between the main towns, increasing the speed of travel between the allied towns". There will be no warps unless for the ones taking you to the main palace's (admins/mods home) helping center rooms, letting you visit part of the castle to inform yourself from signs.

The players within a nation will have the chance to adventure to custome made dungeons filled with parkours, lava, mazes and custom mobs/drops that will be in the wilderness, a PVP zone. In the dungeons there will be no pvp.

I want to give this server a strategy/RPG feeling to enhance communication and teamwork without taking out the fun of the massive pvp battles and things like parkour.

I am thinking on displaying all this on a clean and simple website for new players willing to join the action get to know what their initial abilities are, there are many posibilities I know, but this is how far I have gone.

I am building now "my kingdom" to start looking at what other kind of functionality could a big developed realm (which would be the ultimate objective) would need (auction houses, prisions, internal police, war intruments like tnt cannons or custom flags, stores and temples). Once the land is devastated or full, I will open a whole new world where the old rulers will be able to colonize and have a new/better begginning without throwing the old empire to the trash. So this might take a few months to develop pero Im up for the task and got the server online which is the most important thing after all.

If you happen to be interested in the idea and have something I am open to new ideas or positive criticisim, I would like to find more people interested in the idea to develop it together and make it work, I just like how with minecraft you can create and build anything, ideal to build a kingdom with your own hands.

as a regular player you will be able to get a land of your own, your own benefits like (free repairs, heals, etc...) and as well aim for different objectives (when the wars are not happening) like owning a store, farming, mining services, trade with other nations or even the politics if you manage to do something well in your town and your noticed).

I would really appreciate if you give me your comments about this idea, I don't know if im taking it to far and have this server molded as a cheap version of WoW, or if the idea actually makes sense when "you say it out loud" hehe... I think it gives a nice twist with the strategy part of administrating a big piece of land and designing your own strategy to have own the world.

I think it would be appropriate to invite the people that decide to contribute seriously to the server so we can start looking at what the world would look like and discuss that kind of ideas.

Also If anyone around here is a good plugin developer, I think it would be awesome to have you on board of the team since I think none of the current plugins will sole ALL the situations, I dont have money to offer (for now..)

Add me up on skype: robertomotta30

Have a good one!
Mcguiver178
Level 1 : New Miner

Create an account or sign in to comment.

Mcguiver178
07/15/2014 2:15 pm
Snowyfox but it sounds very suspiciously like an MMORPG. The bad part is not that it'd be a good MMORPG, but it's that the amount of effort you need to place would be too much to invest in.

I agree thats quite some effort, but I've been advancing slowly and reaching objectives little by little, I know where do I have to get so I just have to figure out how, Ive been acquiring knowledge on the usage of all this plugins and I've configured some of em myself already (looking good ) so I think that with one or two more plugin savvys I would be able to have this up and running in no time.

Might have to take in consideration the publcation of a website with all the mechanics for people to get it from the beginning, im up for the task.
OreoVal
07/15/2014 2:05 pm
Level 46 : Master Princess
I think it sounds like a great idea, how could I help?
Mcguiver178
07/15/2014 2:21 pm
Thanks for your enthusiasm!

I am currently working on marking up the areas of the map to place neutral towns, mines and dungeons and pvp zones, that's happening in-game.

Outside I'm configuring the plugins and customizing them testing for permissions and making the plugins behave the way they should for this purpose.

Also... the documentation for the project is imminent so we can handle a little document to the future members before they join. and as well for the sake of our sanity when we develop due to the amount of information.

If there's anything you want to do about this issues that I'm handling now let me know and I'll put you to date.
Mcguiver178
07/15/2014 2:00 pm
Snowyfox
IMO I like the idea quite a bit. It's just that I think the amount of effort is insane.

I like the idea quite much too that's why I have been slowly been working on it myself to the point where the main kingdom is halfway ready and already have the map marked up to finish putting other neutral structures that will aid with the questing and adventures. I recognize there are some structures that still have to be designed and some areas to be configured but I have an estimated of a month or two if I do it myself... a few weeks if I get a crew of interested people that want to contribute.

A mix of RPG, Solo playing, Adventure, and pvp.. all in one map with a medieval feeling until we have to colonize another whole new map.

The NPC configuration is a piece of cake when it comes to the creation, since you can easily do them with a bukkit plugin. I think that the most complicated part will be the details in the permissions and config files (4-10 covered) and determining the main objectives of the game to keep the balance between trying to make this a server for a cheap MMO and a Minecraft RPG experience.

Yeah I admit I'ts been hard to attract the PMC's community attention since Im just a newbie in the community but as the project advances I will keep on posting and sharing .

On the other hand something that I thought it would be hard to determine would be the game rules, not quite... I'll try to post the roles and ranks you will be able to achieve soon enough to recieve comments from you guys, I'd appreciate it.

The roles will be in tiers and balanced out, requesting you to be on the last tier before being able to get your independance and create your own kingdom. on the meantime there will be plenty of you to do before achieving that status.
Snowyfox
07/15/2014 12:16 pm
Level 26 : Expert Princess
The original post isn't really that long. It's just slightly long than what I usually dish out.

It's an interesting concept, but it sounds very suspiciously like an MMORPG. The bad part is not that it'd be a good MMORPG, but it's that the amount of effort you need to place would be too much to invest in. This is something a professional team can make up, but for a level 1 with no avatar that will likely be a bit unaccustomed to gathering up supporters in PMC, I suggest to wait.

P.S. the reason why I mentioned the level is not that I doubt level 1s, lol, I'm not that kind of person. I mean, unless you've been around for a long time and just haven't done any main-site things, you might want to get a hang of what PMC's forum community is like and try to attract them. One thing's for sure, you might want to spoiler up and split your post into separate categories. That will make things easier to read.

IMO I like the idea quite a bit. It's just that I think the amount of effort is insane.
Kickbuttkaleb12
07/15/2014 11:40 am
Level 22 : Expert Modder
Hey! Love the idea, I'll add you on skype and we will see what I can do to help!
MrNinjaMan000
07/15/2014 4:39 am
Im very close into learning how to make a similar plugin. please reply soon. id love to help
Mcguiver178
07/15/2014 10:25 am
That's awesome! I'd love to hear from you, add me whenver you can

If your proficient with plugins I would like to give ytou a rundown of how I have configured the my stuff for you to pick up some ideas if you want
Mcguiver178
07/15/2014 12:45 am
I tried to give as much details as possible, feel free to just browse through the idea... Its a bit more controlled than factions since it will have a strong economic base... there could be more communication and dynamics between each city.
fase
07/15/2014 12:32 am
Level 11 : Journeyman Gent
Sounds like factions...
Narotiza
07/15/2014 12:27 am
Level 29 : Expert Artist
I think the reason nobody is responding is because the original post is too long.
Mcguiver178
07/15/2014 12:22 am
Bumpitybump!
Mcguiver178
07/14/2014 3:06 pm
bump
Mcguiver178
07/14/2014 9:45 am
bump!
Mcguiver178
07/14/2014 2:27 am
The main Idea is that I want to play in this kind of environment, a trategy/RPG one to keep my mind active on free times, if anyone else uses the idea let me know just so I can contribute and help out, I just want to play.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome