Help Start a Revolution!

forresthopkinsa's Avatar forresthopkinsa10/13/13 10:06 pm
1 emeralds 121 1
10/13/2013 10:26 pm
VelociCraftor's Avatar VelociCraftor
Hello Server Owners, my name is Forrest Hopkins and I am the CEO of the Realm of Grace, the very first and only Franchise Cluster in existence. What is a Franchise Cluster? Let me break it down for you:

A Cluster, in Minecraft Server terminology, is a group of servers run by one team that are linked together to give the illusion of being one large server, using one IP address. This is most useful for linking servers with different game mechanics. Servers in a cluster are linked using a tool called Bungeecord, which allows players to teleport between servers. A popular example of this is the Shotbow Network, but there are many others out there.

A Franchise Cluster is different in a few distinct ways. Firstly, it has never been done before, so it is completely original, and originality sells. Secondly, and most importantly, it is not run by one team with one goal, and it does not give the illusion of being one large server. Each server on a Franchise Cluster has a different team with a different dream. The servers are not linked to connect different game mechanics, either--although this is a very likely possibility, it is not the point. For example, there could be 2 survival servers, 1 creative server, 1 both server, and 2 minigames servers (just as an example). Of course, the qualifications for a Franchise Cluster are a bit loose, so let me explain exactly how this Franchise Cluster is going to work.

The Realm of Grace, the very first Franchise Cluster, is meant to function like clockwork, and to assist this, the Business Plan is revised often to make it as precise as possible. In the Realm of Grace, there will never be more than ten servers linked. The Realm also promotes friendly competition between the servers, because competition makes improvement. If one server starts to get a little more traffic than the others, then the others will begin to improve themselves to get the players back, improving the entire Realm in the process. This brings us to the next point: every server supports the rest. Even though some servers may get more traffic than others, and some players will like different servers better, it must never be forgotten that each server is crucial to the stability of the entire Realm. The ingenious idea here is that, if a player gets tired of a server, we don't lose that player! They can simply go to a different server on the Realm, which makes it so much easier to return eventually! Players constantly circulate between Minecraft servers; if we can control that circulation, then we have the entire Minecraft community in the palms of our hands.

To summarize, let me list the pros and cons.

Cons:
- You will have to use a better IP which directs to the Realm of Grace Hub, which is simply a gateway to all the servers (You can have a migration period to notify your current players)
- When a player joins for the very first time, they will have to choose to enter your portal to arrive in your server (Don't worry, you will be able to customize your portal's appearance to make it as appealing and descriptive as you like)

Pros:
- The only difference you will notice is more people (which means more $)
- You will have tons more server traffic, which means new players coming much more often!
- You will have instant, free IT help from your coworkers.
- Since the Realm is the first of its kind, and originality sells, you will be getting a LOT more donations than before!
- There will be an entire Realm Team whose main job is to make sure that you are succeeding!
- Instead of having to find your needle-in-a-haystack IP, they can just see your portal and decide it looks appealing!

What do you have to lose here?

Remember that your server's future will depend heavily on this. Good luck making this important decision.

To learn more, contact me at admin@realmofgrace.com.
forresthopkinsa
Level 1 : New Explorer