TEAM WANTED | Ouroboros - An Aquatic Adventure

idlesong's Avatar idlesong2/18/23 7:12 am history
1 emeralds 130
I have a childhood fantasy that needs to come true.

ALTHOUGH THIS IS ON A MINECRAFT WEBSITE, we can turn this story into anything. Film, video game, etc.

In truth, wording this, and putting something comprehensible to tell anyone reading this is quite hard for me.
As a kid, I watched a lot of entertainment, specifically minecraft roleplays. Aphmau, BBPaws, Samgladiator. These guys were my big three.
Aside from youtube series, I watched Mako Mermaids, and Reign. I even played on medieval roleplay servers when I discovered they existed!

What I'm trying to say is: I have loved two things from a very early age.

Mermaids, and pirate attire.

This is a very go-with-the-flow project. Meaning: I have NO clue what I'm doing at all, but I want to do this, and I need YOUR help!

I'm no pro when it comes to being a leader, or building, or writing, or designing clothes. I'm certainly not the brightest or the strongest either.
What I can do, or at least hope to do is form a team, and guide all of us towards one direction, so we can use your skills to make something beautiful.
Me? I don't have the power to make anything. I have ideas, and visions, but I need your hands to put it all in motion.

I'm not worried about the end result. Taking this one step at a time, and doing only what we need to do is what I'm gonna do.

I have nothing figured out, don't expect me to. I don't expect you to either.

No matter, as a team, as a family, we can grow into our roles, and hopefully gain a great experience from this despite our ending.

CUT TO THE CHASE!

VOLUNTEERS ONLY. There will be no payment unless we earn $$$ from this series. Payment will be split EVENLY among the team.
Certain choices will be weighted team-decisions, meaning majority rules. Example: Who stays on, who leaves the team.
Hopefully issues will never arise between anyone, for there is NO good reason, but if it does, if I myself can not drawn my own conclusion, the team will vote.

The platform I'm planning on using is YOUTUBE, unless I find a better one. I want to make a (show) about a group of people who have washed up on an unmapped island surrounded by mermaids.
This idea alone has potential, but in-itself is boring. I need people to only sculpt this idea, but to help me bring it to life in a way that's exciting.

I'm not sure of the genre of the movie: IE, horror, action, adventure.

A lot of this stuff I will think about over time, or you can offer your own ideas.

EVERYONE IS WELCOME.

IF you DON'T want to join the team, but follow on the progress, let me know.
I don't have anything for you at the moment, but if there's even one person who just wants to watch, or receive updates,
I will put something together for ya.

if you WANT to join the team, there are PLENTY of roles, minor & major that all need filled.

There are positions I need to put to use ASAP, while other roles will need to wait in a queue.

Certain jobs are dependent on certain things being finished.

I can't gather any actors until the world, and it's story is complete and ready for filming. Same goes for any cinematographers.

My BIG thing is: You are worth as much effort as you put in.

FOR NOW I'll make two list. People I need right now, and people I'll need later.
If you possess a skill I haven't listed, yet want to join the team, and put your magic to use: please comment what you can do, and how you'd like to use your gift.

I'll say this now. Whoever you are, whichever role you wish to fill. Your ideas, presence, this will all help everything move forward. Although, this is my vision.
What I mean by that is, I'm picky. Although I'm not overly mean, if I see something I can help you improve, I'm going to help. On the other hand, if there's something I dislike, there is no convincing me to implement it. You can decide for yourself whether or not my judgement is fair, but I don't want some stupid little show like The Kissing Booth. That stuff is horrible. I WANT something real, something with emotion, and pain, and love.

I'm not sure what this story will look like, how it will move people, or even what sort of things are going to take place, but there is something I'm looking to find,
to create.
In everything I watch, and partake it, I find myself looking for something. I get closer, and closer in every experience, but it's just not here.
You guys, your ideas, I wish to hold them, and piece your truths together in order to sculpt my own.
I'm not sure if any of this will make sense, or maybe I'm just nuts.
Either way, this is something my heart holds dearly. At the end of the day, I want this to be a project I love. If there's something about it I don't resonate it, it won't be apart of this tale anymore. I do not pity death.

MY EXPECTATION

I have no idea what to expect from any of you, or from this.
I know that without you, I won't be able to do this.
I also know that I am a control freak, and although I'll be listening to your ideas, they'll all probably be tweaked to fit into the world I want to create.
I am depressed, and very tired, so my abilities are limited. Even talking uses up energy, thinking, too. Either way, I need you to be the legs of this project.

NEEDED ROLES

(The titles are more for shits and giggles, you can be whatever you're interested in)

(Even if you know nothing about the role, you can learn! This is an opportunity, don't be scared)

(I only bite!)

NOW
Brainstormers (idea birthers)
Character Designers (people who like making characters, writing backstories, designing appearances, etc.)
Architects (world builders, sculptors, decorators, etc.)

Writers (outlines, novellas, scenes, short stories)
Marine Biologist (someone who studies the ocean, people interested in the sea, mermaids)

Zoologist (someone who studies animals)

Meteorologist (studies the weather)

Anyone who can help me figure out wtf I'm doing.

Even if I missed something, you can apply anyway. If you''re interested, we might be able to figure out a way to work together.

LATER
Actors
Filmers

IDEA
The storyline is split into four parts.

BEFORE - The backstory | LORE
DURING - The kickstart event | Below The Sky
AFTER - The big shift | Starfish
NOW - Your turn | Ouroboros

To simplify things, I will connect each "ERA" with a person or group. This person/group is the "Main Character" of this ERA.

BEFORE - Mermaids

DURING - PIRATES
AFTER - Starfish
NOW - TRAVELLERS

I'm tired now, so I'll make this short.

BEFORE is before there were any humans on the island. Mermaids swam around in the waters, and mostly ignored the island.

DURING is where a band of pirates wash up on shore. One of them procreates with a merfolk (i'm not sure whether or not they loved one another, or if something fucked up happened).

AFTER is when the merfolk/human baby has grown up. What happened to the other pirates? undecided.

NOW is the story that will be told by the new characters, the main characters.

MY DISCORD IS: spirit#4429

I have the red default PFP. I am a robot, yes, and upon adding me, malicious malware will be installed on your computer rendering it useless.

Ask any questions you'd like at any time. Be as annoying as you please.

A LITTLE BIT ABOUT ME:

I'm 17, they/them. The name's Spirit. I'm sure a lot of our stories will be dark, traumatizing, and probably fun. I hope to explore life while creating this project.
Goodluck to us.
idlesong
Level 4 : Apprentice Network