[RECRUITING] MMORPG Server: 'Dawn of Heroes' [RECRUITING]

World of Atlas's Avatar World of Atlas6/12/13 8:12 am
6/13/2013 10:54 am
World of Atlas's Avatar World of Atlas

Please read this post completely if you're interested in joining

What is Dawn of Heroes?

Dawn of Heroes is a Minecraft MMORPG (Massively multiplayer online role-playing game) that's currently in Alpha stage. A short summary of the server's (unique) features:
  • - 15k by 15k map (which is 1:100 the size of Africa!) completely custom made with WorldPainter. We've got permission of a professional world-map making studio to make a Minecraft version of one of their amazing maps.
  • - Lore written by a professional writer of fantasy books.
  • - Cities are really dynamic. You can live in every house you see, visit your friends in their houses. Random fights will occur too, defending the city you live in will get you nice rewards or honour points.
  • - Unique item system. We take Minecraft to the next level by adding new items, without the need of client mods of texturepacks. Expect many new (quest items).
  • - Advanced class system. We always thought the McMmo and Heroes plugin were lacking simplicity, and meanwhile functionality. These obstacles no longer exist with our GUI plugin (again no client mods required ) and the advanced usage of the Bukkit API.
  • - No lag means No Lag! Many servers offering a lag-free experience are often still laggy for some players because of their either unoptimized anti-cheat plugins or the use of outdated plugins. We're using the Bukkit fork Spigot that allows us to guarantee a real lag-free experience. Our custom anti-cheat plugin also ensures a cheat-free game experience.
  • - Completely new Mob mechanisms, Dungeon system, PvP minigames, and way more!

Want to join our Developer, Builder or Artist team?
Currently the total team size is 28 people.

If you're interested in joining one of the teams and if you have enough time to commit, please read everything below carefully. Please note that you need to have Skype, we communicate using this program and it's therefore required to have.

Currently we have 14 developers.

As a developer you will work alone or together with another developer on a part of the plugin-system that you're experienced with. You must have made Bukkit plugins before/have experience with making them. We have a private hosted Gitlab repository, so you must have some knowledge of 'pulling' and 'pushing' code using a repository.

If interested, please fillout this form and answer as accurate as possible.
Click to reveal
Link to bukkit plugins you made/worked on:
Motivation (are you motivated enough for such a big project?):
Other (feel free to tell us anything you want):

Currently we have 6 builders.

As a builder you create and help shape the look and feel of the world. You're working with a team of experienced builders on various mega builds. You'll be working on the theme that you prefer working on. You're creativity won't be limited, as you're free to think of themes and designs yourself.

Click to reveal
Link to builds you made:
Motivation (are you motivated enough for such a big project?):

Currently we have 0 artists.

As a member of the artist team you'll create artwork of the server. This includes but is not limited to: renders of the world, (digital) paintings etc.

Click to reveal
Link to art you made:
Motivation:

---------------

Every member of the full team will be credited, and will be able to help and form the base of this amazing project.

Thanks for reading,

Martin
Admin of DoH
World of Atlas
Level 10 : Journeyman Network