Olympiakos Build Team

JCHelland's Avatar JCHelland3/6/14 6:53 pm
3/17/2014 4:59 pm
DuvPlaton125's Avatar DuvPlaton125
Hello all,
The Olympiakos build team is focused on building ancient history themed builds. We have our own small private whitelisted server and currently we are working on a fictional roman city called Heraclea. After this build we will move on to another ancient history theme. For instance, Babylonian, Egyptian or even something like Aztec or Mayan, which I rarely see being done, and I think would be a lot of fun. We are going to avoid "medieval" as it is fairly well covered already I think!

At any rate, we are looking for a few people to join us. Currently the team consists of myself JCHelland http://www.planetminecraft.com/member/jchelland/ and Ethreebee http://www.planetminecraft.com/member/ethreebee/ as I said our current buld is the fictional roman city of Heraclea http://www.planetminecraft.com/project/ ... -heraclea/ . Shortly we will start a build team account.

We are looking for about 3 people or so to join us. We have a couple specific things we are looking for:
1) a love of ancient history. We want people that are passionate about history and want to build historically influenced builds. Not necessarily 1 to 1 recreations, but builds that are obviously influenced by historical cultures and civilizations.
2) Patience and Maturity. These are going to be large builds, that need planning and thought, and that requires that people have both patience and maturity as we work through planning and building large themed builds.
3) some solid building experience. We want to see some of what you have done. Simply saying you're a good builder is just not enough, you need to be able to show a bit of your work to us. Doesn't have to be amazing, but we need to see something. Also, a good knowledge of, in this case Roman architecture will also work.

In addition to the general requirements above, we also are looking for a few more specific things:
1) we need someone who focuses on pictures, renders and good ways to visually display our projects so that they have the most impact when posted. Obviously the person should still be a builder as well, but the focus will be images and displaying our projects.
2) someone who is particularity good with smaller constructions like statues, fountains, gardens, patterns on floors and ceilings. Also working on tying buildings, squares, areas together, by using landscaping and small architecture to work things together.
2a) if a person was able to combine 1 and 2, that would be ideal - help with tying individual buildings and area together and do pictures and renders.
3) another building architect that really knows ancient buildings and cultures to help pick, modify and design buildings to go into our projects. We might be looking for 2 builders like this, especially if we can combine 1 and 2 into one position.

So there it is. As in all my recruiting, there is no "application". This is a game, and the goal is to have fun. If you meet the 3 general requirements, and think you would fit into one of the specific roles we are looking for, send me a PM. It is easier for me to keep track of who I've talked to if its by PM. Feel free to ask questions directly in the thread as others may have the same questions!

Thanks for reading
JC
Olympiakos Build Team
JCHelland
Level 37 : Artisan Nerd

Create an account or sign in to comment.

03/17/2014 1:39 pm
Level 29 : Expert Narwhal
DuvPlaton125
Hey! You look like you could fit what I need;
I'm making a website which has a few different build teams on the website! Each team makes different types of things, e.g. one group makes medieval builds, the other one makes modern builds!

We will make the customers pay more for the bigger/better builds, and in certain circumstances we may even team two or more of the teams together!
I will only take a small fraction of the payment directed to your team for the the website, which may be as little as 20%

This is a great way to get popular and gain money! Add my skype or PM me on PMC to find out more information! My skype ID is duvplaton125
03/17/2014 4:40 pm
JCHelland
No thanks man, not interested. I build for fun. Not for money.
03/17/2014 4:59 pm
Level 29 : Expert Narwhal
DuvPlaton125
Ok fair enough! Good luck with your Build Team!
03/16/2014 4:05 pm
JCHelland
Still on the hunt for a couple team mates
03/14/2014 10:58 pm
JCHelland
Come on Roman builders! There have got to be more builders out there who love history?? I've been recruiting for months and haven't found anyone but one? Come on history lovers! You've got to be out there! I'm getting ready to give up. Someone out there must know what a Domus or Insulae is and want to build a Ludus Magnus, or a Roman baths based on the baths of Caracalla? Or biremes for the harbor? Is there really no one out there who has any interest in building some cool history?
03/14/2014 2:41 pm
Level 7 : Apprentice Miner
Olympiakos
We have a build team account now, and have posted our first team project! http://www.planetminecraft.com/member/olympiakos/ Still looking for a few more people to build with!
03/12/2014 1:22 pm
JCHelland
Looking for history inspired builders! Also desperately need someone who cam take amd edit pictiddo un
03/11/2014 7:11 am
JCHelland
It's a new day! On the lookout for history buffs!
03/09/2014 7:38 pm
Level 21 : Expert Architect
Ethreebee
Hello! Ethreebee or Errorgizer as I am known in mc here to recruit some builders! Anyone specializing in ancient themes listed above and interested in working on a server shoot me and Jc a pm!
03/10/2014 11:44 am
JCHelland
We will find some team mates eventually! Lol. Seriously, anyone passionate about history should send one of us a PM!
03/09/2014 1:50 pm
JCHelland
History buffs, read and shoot me a PM if interested!
03/08/2014 6:09 am
Level 1 : New Miner
nolongeractive
Getting building now.... How much do you want to see? I had a good world, but my computer malfunctioned, so I lost all my files... I will get building now
03/08/2014 11:02 am
JCHelland
Well, that's up to you. You're trying to join a build team. Show me what you can do.
03/08/2014 5:16 am
JCHelland
Thanks to the 3 of you who have responded for your interest. I'd really like to see some screen shots of your builds so I can get a feel for what you can do. It was one of the main requirements. So maybe pick a favorite roman building, build it out and either send me pictures in a PM or post it to your PMC account and let me know so I can take a look. Thanks again for your interest and keep building!
03/07/2014 5:15 pm
Level 1 : New Miner
nolongeractive
I have a good knowledge of ancient structures, and know a great deal about Roman cities. I have patience, and I feel my strong points are the smaller parts, tying the whole build together. Unfortuantely, the world where my buildings were, and all my builds pretty much, was on, got deleted after my computer went weird, and no files could be recovered. Once I have started a project, I will always see it through, and will dedicate myself as much as possible. I love history, and often read and watch documentaries on history in my spare time. I have been looking for a build team to joi, and this seems like a good one. My IGN is bluebouncybubble, and well... Thank you I hope you consider me, as I feel I would be useful and I would be willing to go through and sort out any little bits, if you at any point needed someone to do so, as I am willing to take on anything
Anyway, Thank you for reading this, and I hope you consider me.
03/07/2014 1:50 pm
JCHelland
Still looking for knowledgable historical builders!
03/06/2014 7:32 pm
Level 3 : Apprentice Network
alaaemad15
Well i like this post it is so detailed and i have always wanted to join a build team so your the second Build team im applying to Good thing is that Im egyptian i can just look from the window check out the pyramids or something also i know aloooot about my history I LOVE IT we even learn it and i am pretty good at building I can build SPECIALLY History stuff the idea started when i was on a popular server and got a rank was asked to build something ancient and from the 7 wonders so i built the pyramids looked pretty awesome was so detailed so i started building myself in my own worlds so if you wanna talk add me on skype alaaemad15 ASAP Ty for reading BAAAAAYE
03/06/2014 7:23 pm
Level 15 : Journeyman Warrior
RefinedAtom56
Hello! I have been interested in joining a Build team, and from what I have seen/heard, this could be what I have been looking for! I am a decent builder (In my opinion). None of my builds I have made are in my worlds file, but in an hour or two, I can show you the Babylonian/Aztec kind of stuff I can make. Anytime I do a build, I open a picture up on my other monitor, and build as close as I can to the picture I see. Plz reply ASAP, as i am applying to a couple other Build teams, and will be talking and communicating with the first to reply to me. I hope you take me into consideration, and i hope to see you soon. Peace! P.S. You said you are looking for someone who is Patient, and Mature... I am patient (To an Extent). I will need to stretch and walk around for a bit after an Hour or Two of Building. When it comes to maturity, I am 15 years of age, but i have fun and make jokes. Anyways, Cya!
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome