Creating a Simple Texturepack [I Need Help!]

AGMoyer's Avatar AGMoyer8/6/15 2:47 am
1 emeralds 201 2
8/6/2015 4:03 pm
AGMoyer's Avatar AGMoyer
Okay, I once before tried making a texture pack and now I can't remember a thing. I only want to re-draw each block and use that as my texture pack and when finished to share with others.

I made a pack.mcmeta file from minecraft wiki that showed me. my questions so far are as follow...

- How do I re-texture overlays? they are black and white I am using colours how do I properly edit these files to fit my shading style? SOLVED

- Do I only need the asset file with all the textures and the pack.mcmeta for the textures to work? If no, what else do I need? SOLVED

- How do I know which version of minecraft my pack will work with? is there some special file with code that allows it to work with some and not others? Or will it work with any as long as it has the block textures from that particular version?
SOLVED

Thanks for the help!

Hope someone can help me with this. Thanks for reading!
AGMoyer
Level 62 : High Grandmaster Skinner