CTM Questions

Vexilius's Avatar Vexilius10/14/14 2:07 pm
1 emeralds 1.7k 6
10/21/2014 1:35 pm
Vexilius's Avatar Vexilius
when using metadata and CTM in your texturepack. is it possible to change only a single face of a block to a different texture? If so, how can you control which direction it faces?

example: I'm working on this rotating fan texture in an iron block. Naturally I don't want the block to have the rotating fan on all sides.
Vexilius
Level 17 : Journeyman Grump

Create an account or sign in to comment.

10/21/2014 1:35 pm
Vexilius
That's a shame. I was hoping I could control which way the altered blockface would... well, face. If I have to create 6 different metas for doing just that, I'd rather not waste them and create different alternate textures alltogether. I planned on having a rusted variant of said fan. 12 metadata blocks is too much of a price to pay, considering I'd have to sacrifice other alternative textures for that block.
10/21/2014 12:45 am
Level 43 : Master Mage
LokiOfSassgaard
Yes, that's exactly how it works, if you want each face to have a unique texture (handy for crafting benches and bookshelves). The nice part is once you've done it the first time, you can just copy everything over and just change the image files every time you want to re-do the same thing for a different block.
10/14/2014 6:55 pm
Vexilius
So you're saying that I'm going to need to bind the same texture to 6 different property txt's and six different metadatas?
10/14/2014 3:22 pm
Level 66 : High Grandmaster Batman
taterman88
There is a way to only use certain sides as specified in the properties file. It looks like this for the redstone lamp:

# Redstone lantern off (Top + Bottom)
faces=top bottom
tiles=0
method=random
10/14/2014 2:39 pm
Level 47 : Master Giraffe
discOtter
I'm sure it's possible, however, I wouldn't know how. I think they did it with Sphax.
10/14/2014 3:13 pm
Vexilius
I might have to disect sphax then.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome