How to force a resource pack on a downloadable world?

TheyCallMeFatbird's Avatar TheyCallMeFatbird8/29/23 6:12 pm history
9/6/2023 7:30 am
TheyCallMeFatbird's Avatar TheyCallMeFatbird
This may seem simple to most, but not for me because I am dumb but I need an answer.
I have a world Im making and it has a few retextured items, but I know there is a way to force a resource pack on a world without downloading it.
Any help?

Link: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1y-5bnTrk03f_hkNCARmn50GNsIfBq9GJ?usp=sharing
TheyCallMeFatbird
Level 18 : Journeyman Birb

Create an account or sign in to comment.

DinoWattz
08/31/2023 6:30 pm
Level 22 : Expert Pixel Painter Engineer
are you trying to make the world have the resource pack already on it when downloaded or is it something else?
TheyCallMeFatbird
09/01/2023 8:26 am
Im trying to make the world have the resource pack already on it
DinoWattz
09/01/2023 12:22 pm
history
From what I've seen from other worlds you just need to have your "resources.zip" file inside the world's folder
like this:

it should load automagically when entering the world
TheyCallMeFatbird
09/01/2023 6:11 pm
history
That is exactly what I did but then I get this:[img='If this doesn\'t work I get "Server resource pack couldn't be applied."']app.gemoo.com/share/image-annotation/556358726233550848?codeId=PY44Xx282AXzO&origin=imageurlgenerator[/img]
DinoWattz
09/01/2023 9:21 pm
Alright, what's the first thing you see when you open resources.zip? Is it a folder or "assets", "pack.mcmeta" and "pack.png"?

Make sure the files are in the root of the resources.zip file, not inside a folder, otherwise that error will happen
TheyCallMeFatbird
09/05/2023 7:18 pm
I see a folder called resources
-ghost-
08/29/2023 9:04 pm
Level 23 : Expert Ranger
history
Once, I created a system to ensure resourcepack use. It involved creating a random passkey, then printing that passkey as a title, but in a custom font so that it wouldn't show without the pack active. Once the passkey was entered (via trigger), the player could continue normally. Each player was also assigned a different passkey, just in case.

Another theoretical fix is to have a marker constantly holding an opaque item in the player's face so they can't see, which is retextured to be invisible with the pack.
TheyCallMeFatbird
08/30/2023 7:26 am
Woah, could you simplify a little bit?
Because I dont know what a passkey is or any of that stuff
-ghost-
08/30/2023 11:32 am
Level 23 : Expert Ranger
In essence, a datapack generates a long string of random numbers for each player. If the a scoreboard objective on that player does not hold the same set of numbers, the player is constantly teleported somewhere. The player can trigger the objective, and if they set it to the right value, the restriction is removed. The correct number is printed to them, but they can only see it with the resource pack.

If your map is a builds map or similar, you likely won't need this, but in an adventure map it can be more useful.
MaxwellInTheBackroomsOfficial
08/29/2023 7:36 pm
Level 5 : Apprentice Explorer
the only thing i can do to help is that you try linking a download link to the pack in the desc and change the title of the map to say to read the desc
TheyCallMeFatbird
08/29/2023 7:49 pm
history
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome