New Texture Pack system (Snapshot 13w02a)

enzo_craft's Avatar enzo_craft1/10/13 1:14 pm
1 emeralds 399 4
1/13/2013 9:14 pm
janidorr's Avatar janidorr
Hey guys!

In the newest snapshot, they say:

Textures for blocks and items now have individual image files

This is more they say:

Starting from this snapshot and forward, blocks and items will no longer load their artwork from one big sheet of sprites. Instead, they’ll have individual files for each image they’re using. The benefit from this is that it will be easier for us to support custom blocks and items in the future. It will also allow us to mix and match block artwork resolutions, and make sure that you get graphics for blocks that your current texture pack isn’t updated for.

(You can read more here: http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/Textu ... ecraft_1.5)

When you have already a texture, you have to convert it, you can download a program here: http://assets.minecraft.net/unstitcher/unstitcher.jar

What do you think of this? Let us know it!
enzo_craft
Level 31 : Artisan Pokemon