Half Life Machinima Series: Total Recreation of Half Life

oo0spyder0oo's Avatar oo0spyder0oo2/23/13 8:14 pm
6/28/2015 1:33 pm
TheSheepGaming's Avatar TheSheepGaming
Hey everyone. Imagine being part of the biggest re-creation of half life in minecraft ever. Whether it be actor, builder or script writing, you'll know you've contributed.

Well, what is this all about? Well, it's a machinima series following gordon's path in Half Life. Made in Minecraft. So think of it as a Minecraft Half Life machinima series. I am the cameraman and director. We already have the actor for Gordon Freeman.

But this is where you all come in. We need actors for scientists, security guards, aliens and HECU marines. This is a big project. We need a large amount of people.

We are also using the Half Life Texture Pack by thejuraj. http://www.planetminecraft.com/texture_ ... ture-pack/
Big thanks to him. We are hoping to collaborate with him on the project, so if we need a specific texture for a specific area, we could ask him to create one.

Mods? Well, we know we need something like the Ferrulo's Gun Mod or SDK Gun Mod. Because, well, you can't make a half life machinima without guns.

We would like plenty of builders as well, so if you have built large rooms before, and have knowledge of worldedit, we would love your help. We have already done about..... 1/4 of the beginning tram ride. Yup. And that's taken us 2 days even with world edit.
If you want to act and build, feel free. Remember: You'll be given credit at the end of each episode.

And the last job we need is....script writers. We need 1-3 of these guys because we need to adapt some of the scenes because, it's minecraft, you can't do everything with blocks. So basically what I'm saying is that script writers will help come up with the ideas of camera angles, where actors should be placed, etc. We already know the storyline of course.

So that's the 3 jobs. Acting, building or script writing. You could be an actor and a builder, a builder and a script writer, an actor and a script writer, or all three if you have enough time. We need dedicated people.
Here's a video I put on my channel. It outlines the jobs briefly, and also shows off what a friend and I have currently built.

Well, it's time to give you the templates for signing up. If you want to be all 3 of these jobs, put all three templates in. If you want to be 2 of these jobs, put those 2 templates in. Fill them out. PLEASE NOTE: WE DO NOT NEED VOICE ACTORS. THIS IS BODY ACTING ONLY, AS I WILL BE PUTTING IN SOUND CLIPS FROM THE ACTUAL GAME
Actor
Click to reveal
Actor:
The actor needs to be very hard working. You cannot mess around. Yeah sure, crack a joke now and then, but remember: This project is huge. If we have everyone not paying attention and wandering around carelessly on the set, this will not get done.
So: Here's the template.

Actor
IGN:
Have you had any past experience before in acting? (minecraft acting):
Job (HECU marine, security guard, scientist, alien... choose any you would like to be):
Have you been in any videos before? If so, link to the video:
How much time are you willing to put in? (Include time zone):
How many times have you played through Half-Life? How long ago did you play it?:
"Gordon Freeman in the flesh....or rather-" what finishes off gman's sentence?:
Additional notes?:

Builder
Click to reveal
Builder:
The builder needs to put in as much time as he/she can. They build the sets from the ground up. They need to know how to use world edit commands such as //set, //walls, //replace and more. They must be very dedicated to the project. Without the builders, it can't continue. The builder MUST be referring back and forth to half life walkthroughs etc, so he/she can see what to build, where to build it and what blocks to use. Here is the application.

Builder
IGN:
Have you had any past experience in building large intricate rooms?:
If so, has one of your buildings been in a video before? Link:
How many times have you played Half-Life? How long ago did you last play it?:
Do you understand you need to be on regularly for this job?:
Additional notes?:

Script Writer
Click to reveal
Script Writer:
The script writer needs to know how a good machinima plays out. They need to know camera angles, and they also need to understand that not everything can be built from half life in minecraft. They might contribute in the skype group chat or they might write down scripts for the scenes in notepad and send it to me. They write a lot.

Script Writer
IGN:
Have you ever written something for a machinima or a play before?:
If so, is there a video on YouTube which you wrote the script for?:
How many times have you played Half-Life? How long ago did you last play it?:
Do you understand that you need to have good grammar, and spacing for being a script writer?:
Additional notes?:

Alright! Well, that's all done, so... I guess it's finally time to wrap up this post! We hope we get plenty of applications. We need about 10 scientist actors, 10 security guard actors, 20+ HECU marines and 20+ aliens for this series.

Please be mature. You do not need a microphone, I don't have one. But I'm a fast typer, so if you're slow, you might want a microphone. We will be recording mostly on weekends.
So thanks everyone! Oh yeah, it will be going on my youtube channel here: http://www.youtube.com/user/coolmcvids
But don't worry! You will be given credit at the end of each video if you get in!
Thanks everyone! Bye!
oo0spyder0oo
Level 1 : New Explorer

Create an account or sign in to comment.

06/28/2015 1:33 pm
Level 4 : Apprentice Miner
TheSheepGaming
Actor
IGN:Mr_RedSheep
Have you had any past experience before in acting? (minecraft acting): yes, i have played in Some machinemas made by friends
Job (HECU marine, security guard, scientist, alien... choose any you would like to be): scientist i have the perfect skin in my head!
Have you been in any videos before? If so, link to the video:
Yes i have Bin, but i cant really remember, the Chanel has been removed

How much time are you willing to put in? (Include time zone): i Will put 3 Hours or more per day in it
How many times have you played through Half-Life? How long ago did you play it?: i have never played through half-life
"Gordon Freeman in the flesh....or rather-" what finishes off gman's sentence?: i really do not have any idea XD
Additional notes?: i am a really good actor!
03/28/2013 7:42 am
oo0spyder0oo
We need moore people guys! Only actors now. Don't need script writers or builders anymore. We need quite a lot of actors! We've got the sets for the first and second episode done, we just need to film it, so we're very close. Only need 3-5 more people for the acting at the moment, then we might need another 5 or so for the rest of the series! So just letting everyone know, it IS progressing!
03/19/2013 7:13 pm
oo0spyder0oo
Bump
03/08/2013 6:15 pm
oo0spyder0oo
Bump
03/05/2013 2:21 am
oo0spyder0oo
We need many more people! Please share this with your friends and apply - This is a huge project
03/02/2013 5:29 pm
oo0spyder0oo
Bump
02/27/2013 6:17 pm
oo0spyder0oo
Bump
02/27/2013 6:04 am
oo0spyder0oo
Aaron1818make a hl3 machinima.
paril said so

ParilIt's True , i said so.

Half Life 3? Ah, of course...
02/27/2013 5:50 am
Level 14 : Journeyman Miner
Aaron1818
make a hl3 machinima.
paril said so

ParilIt's True , i said so.
02/27/2013 2:15 am
oo0spyder0oo
Come on everyone, share this with any of your friends who'd be interested in acting, building or contributing to the writing of this series! We need many people!
02/26/2013 5:15 pm
oo0spyder0oo
*bump*
02/25/2013 6:56 pm
Level 1 : New Miner
xXBunnyGirlXx
im playing it right now :3
02/26/2013 2:08 am
oo0spyder0oo
Great! I hope you enjoy it. Also, accept my friend request on skype so I can show you the set that's currently built on the server
02/25/2013 5:11 pm
oo0spyder0oo
We need a LOT more people. Any more?
02/25/2013 5:34 am
Level 41 : Master Enderdragon
tom101_12
Builder
IGN: tom101_12
Have you had any past experience in building large intricate rooms?: yes
If so, has one of your buildings been in a video before? Link: i think i have seen my castle in one before but dont know the link
How much time are you willing to put in? (Include time zone): as much as i need to put in melbourne australia timezone
How many times have you played Half-Life? How long ago did you last play it?: alot about a month
Do you understand you need to be on regularly for this job?:yes
Additional notes?: i have a youtube channel and i would like to make a series building this
02/25/2013 6:02 am
oo0spyder0oo
Hey! Accepted. Good to see another Aussie! (I'm from WA!)
About the series building this, I think that's a great idea. Just link to my channel (CoolMCVids) in the description as well Adding you now on Skype...
02/25/2013 3:02 am
Level 22 : Expert Crafter
Neptonic
oo0spyder0oofreeman's mind is on the verge of being cancelled

My. God. No. WHAT THE CRAP! That is the most depressing thing I have ever heard and probably ever hear. God I hate life at times.
02/25/2013 2:33 am
Level 1 : New Miner
xXBunnyGirlXx
IGN:bunnyforever1
Have you had any past experience before in acting? (minecraft acting):one in like a weird series but group leader deleted them
Job (HECU marine, security guard, scientist, alien... choose any you would like to be):Scientist or alien lol
Have you been in any videos before? If so, link to the video:no sowwy
How much time are you willing to put in? (Include time zone):im free most of the time,central US time zone
How many times have you played through Half-Life? How long ago did you play it?:like once cause my brother made me and i don't really remember lol
"Gordon Freeman in the flesh....or rather-" what finishes off gman's sentence?:in the hazard suit??? lol
Additional notes?:Im kind of an artist lol
02/25/2013 5:09 am
oo0spyder0oo
Hey! I'm happy we've got an actor here. First of all, the "how many times have you played through half-life?" question is concerning. You played it once and don't remember much, AND your brother made you. I would recommend, before joining the crew, playing through Half-Life again. It's a great game, and you must know key storyline elements in the game to be an actor. Not knowing much about it will make it a lot harder to act, because I'll have to explain to you over and over why you're doing that particular thing in the video. So I'd recommend playing Half-Life once more, before acting with us, to get the gist of it.
Other than that, you're in!
02/25/2013 2:23 am
oo0spyder0oo
atmosSCRIPT WRITER

IGN: jrichards15
Have you ever written something for a machinima or a play before?: I've written a couple of machinimas and I'm currently working on a script for a movie based on the Holders series.
If so, is there a video on YouTube which you wrote the script for?: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kUhOh4GShYk
How much time are you willing to put in? (Include time zone): I can put in a lot of time, haha. My timezone is EST.
How many times have you played Half-Life? How long ago did you last play it?: I finished it a couple of weeks ago and I'm about halfway through Half-Life 2.
Do you understand that you need to have good grammar, and spacing for being a script writer?: I do understand.
Additional notes?: I have a YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/atmosgames

Congrats! You're in. And since you finished it only a couple of weeks ago, it'll be fresh in your mind. Don't forget to PM me your skype name
02/25/2013 12:20 am
Level 22 : Expert Crafter
Neptonic
I'm confused you need a script writer for a recreation of a great game? And a cameraman for a First person shooter with no cutscenes? I'll stick to watching Freeman's Mind thank you very much.
02/25/2013 2:18 am
oo0spyder0oo
Hey there, to answer your concerns...
A script writer is needed because you can't re-create everything from half life into minecraft. They decide whether to cut certain bits out or keep it. They do not alter the story line in any way.
I am the cameraman because it's a machinima, and it's not first person. If it was first person, there'd be a lot more troubles, with the special effects etc. Please note this is not just simply half life in minecraft, this is a machinima of half life in minecraft.
Also, freeman's mind is on the verge of being cancelled due to the people at Machinima Network being utter dickheads and threatening to remove Ross Scott from the network. I don't know why, it's just.....stupid
02/24/2013 11:59 pm
Level 14 : Journeyman Miner
Aaron1818
sounds like a good idea, but i think its been done befor.
02/25/2013 2:19 am
oo0spyder0oo
The entire reason I'm directing this is because this, surprisingly, hasn't been done before. I know it's mostly because there's a LOT of work to be done, I mean...re-creating an entire game from scratch in a game....with blocks? And getting aliens to look like aliens with a pixelated game is hard. So no, it hasn't been done before. But I'm going to change that I hope
02/24/2013 11:34 pm
Level 4 : Apprentice Miner
atmos
SCRIPT WRITER

IGN: jrichards15
Have you ever written something for a machinima or a play before?: I've written a couple of machinimas and I'm currently working on a script for a movie based on the Holders series.
If so, is there a video on YouTube which you wrote the script for?: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kUhOh4GShYk
How much time are you willing to put in? (Include time zone): I can put in a lot of time, haha. My timezone is EST.
How many times have you played Half-Life? How long ago did you last play it?: I finished it a couple of weeks ago and I'm about halfway through Half-Life 2.
Do you understand that you need to have good grammar, and spacing for being a script writer?: I do understand.
Additional notes?: I have a YouTube channel: www.youtube.com/atmosgames
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome